The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
It started snowing quite a lot from this afternoon. As they say there will be cca 60 cm (wow) of snow in the whole country, I hope I will soon be able to make my first snowman in 2010
Quote from Jakg :And, for example, where my GF lives there is no way your getting out - her road is a biiiig long hill, getting down it to see her is easy but even with a 4WD and snow tyres your not getting up that tbh...

Show me the hill, I'll climb it no problem.

My brother-in-law use to tell me the same thing about his driveway. Stick it in 4WD and in 1st gear and just idle your way up.

There's no way you guys have that much snow that you couldn't get up a hill in a 4x4. The first thing I did when I first got my 4x4 years back was find the loneliest road I could find that wasn't touched by a snow plow to have some fun. The snow was up past the headlights and I giggled the whole time bashing through that stuff up and down hills.

It's all in how you drive. As for e2mustang's comment, snow does not equal crash. Incompetence plus snow is what equals crash. The people you see driving 50 mph in snow and find them in a tree later down the road, they simply don't know how to drive.

I'm having a difficult time trying to find the slippery parts in the snow lately. I have 18 inches compacted down in my yard, which isn't a whole lot of snow to be honest. I haven't found the roads slippery at all. There actually is quite a lot of grip depending on the type of snow that is on the roads. Combine ice with it and it's a different story (like the video earlier). Can't do much with ice, but snow, shouldn't be a problem.

For those having difficulties with poor tires in snow, try learning to drive with the handbrake. It was the only way I was able to turn with the Geo Storm I mentioned way above. It's no different than learning how to drift or catch a slide in racing. You learn from memory how the car is going to react and you control it into that situation, not let the snow control it.
#878 - Kaw
global warming my ass ....
Quote from mrodgers :Show me the hill, I'll climb it no problem.

Snow is not an issue, but a steep-ish smooth road, covered with ice? What is there to grip onto...?
Quote from Jakg :To be fair snow tyres are in massively short supply - no garage round here has any in stock and all the internet sites are running low - I actually had to buy some tyres yesterday (needed them same day for my 14" steelies) and the only ones they had in stock in any of the local garages (i.e. ones I could actually get to) was the cheap-o budget ones...

And, for example, where my GF lives there is no way your getting out - her road is a biiiig long hill, getting down it to see her is easy but even with a 4WD and snow tyres your not getting up that tbh...

shouldn't be a problem for audi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... khj5Q&feature=related
Quote from Kaw :global warming my ass ....

Yes, because 3 weeks of cold weather (in winter of all things! Who would have thought it?) over about 5 countries is enough to completely invalidate at least 50 years' worth of steadily increasing global temperatures.
MY SNOWMAN
i don't remember shcools closed due to snow in Lithuania. We are able to stay at home if there's -25C outside.. but it isn't...
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Quote from Crashgate3 :Sattelite photo of Britain taken a few days ago:

that is simply awsome it almost looks like its an island of the cost of one of the poles or greenland.
thats my snowman
Quote from Crashgate3 :Yes, because 3 weeks of cold weather (in winter of all things! Who would have thought it?) over about 5 countries is enough to completely invalidate at least 50 years' worth of steadily increasing global temperatures.

This weather, no, but what does invalidate 50 years of increasing global temperatures is the dodgy behaviour of some scientists involved with collecting, and analysing that data!
its supposed to snow today here, 1st time in like 15 years
Quote from Intrepid :This weather, no, but what does invalidate 50 years of increasing global temperatures is the dodgy behaviour of some scientists involved with collecting, and analysing that data!

earth's life cycle.....every million years, or few million, the earth goes through changes in temperature. the one coming up is it getting hotter, and yes, that is part of it.....not because of green house gasses.

sure they arent helping, or anything at all, but its not fully because of us
Quote from Crashgate3 :Yes, because 3 weeks of cold weather (in winter of all things! Who would have thought it?) over about 5 countries is enough to completely invalidate at least 50 years' worth of steadily increasing global temperatures.

curiously ignoring the fact the last decades have seen no sizeable increase in average temperatures and over the last 10 years alone have steadily declined......
Humans haven't yet been around long enough to spot the real trends IMO.

Geological evidence is all very good for getting a picture of how climate has changed over time, but nobody knows for sure where the climate is going and why until the changes hae happened.
global warming is part of earth natural process, i think it's rather arrogant of us to think that we are the reason of it...
Hah that was the first thing I thought too when I saw that video, that bloke looks like Dylan Moran.

I've heard Kent is under a blizzard right now, not a flake here though, wrong side of the river as per usual. :/
you're in the wrong place 5haz it's snowin up the road in colchester has been on and off all day.
We had about 2 minutes of tiny flakes, but it's been clear skies and sun all day. Sun's not melting the snow though.

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG