The online racing simulator
(93 posts, started )
Ill believe the worlds coming to a end when one of two things happen.

1, Nuclear war. (Optimistic thinking it will blow the earth up but shh)
2, The Sun super novas.

There my predictions, sure someone can predict the end of the world, but i can say the world will end tomorrow, it doesnt make it so.
We cant ask the Mayans about their calender cause there wiped out, so why believe it? Why couldn't their calender predict that they would be wiped out?
Ima say to my children in 2040 that i was one of the few who survived the 2012 Doomsday.
No doubt there will also be 200 Facebook groups entitled "I survived 2012"
blah, nothing gonna happen in 2012, there would be something happeing allready
#32 - 5haz
Well, Busted have been to the year 3000, so I think its safe to say that the world isn't going to end so soon.

I laugh at Hollywood science, and all those who believe in it.
Am I the only one who thinks it is funny that that machine is called a HARDON collider and that it has something to do with a BLACK HOLE?

2012 has already started one way or another. Depends how you look at it.

In 2012, maybe someone predicted something. Wasn't jesus supposed to comeback somewhere around here as well because his 1000 years of peace are over now?

IMO, it is all between the ears.
Think about it. If we hadn't been around to correct them and someone found a non-Y2K-compliant PC some alien beings might have thought we predicted the world would end in 1999.

And @AstroBoy, our sun is too small to go supernova. It will expand to become a red giant (at which point it'll swallow Earth) then cool to become a white dwarf. But you don't need to worry about that for a couple of billion years
Quote from mamoru :Am I the only one who thinks it is funny that that machine is called a HARDON collider and that it has something to do with a BLACK HOLE?

It's actually "Hadron".
I just dont understand who believe this bull****
And no, i dont believe this.
Quote from Tomson(FIN) :I just dont understand who believe this bull****
And no, i dont believe this.

Humans are very gullible, open to suggestion and generally feel the need to believe in something. Just look at the popularity of psychics, astrology and organised religion.
If shit happens I won't be able to stop it. So I really don't care I am going to live my life normally and laugh at all the idiots who plan to spend all their money to have fun 'before the end' racking up tons of debt only to find out; now they need to pay it back because the world didn't end like it was supposed to.

As far as the blackhole never heard that one before, and I am sure I would have; though I did hear the Mayan Calendar and other calendars, as well as your 'predicting things that happened today that are impossible'. Well, thats a matter of words.

"Something groundbreaking will happen tomorrow."

I am probably pretty accurate with that prediction. It doesn't say WHAT will be groundbreaking WHO will do it or even what consists of 'groundbreaking' Meaning I could write some amazing algorithm that saves 2 CPU cycles while searching through a database, and on some levels that is considered groundbreaking...

My point is the statements people seem to think are predictions are simply to vague and not taken in their context IMO. I will not say that there couldn't be truth in anything, I like the idea that people could accurately predict things, but until they start actually making predictions that I feel are not vague I will not go jumping on board.
Quote from Scrabby :The Mayans just ran out of wall to write on lol

Thats what I say all the time

Either that, or they couldnt be bothered to continue past 2012.

To me its a load of bollocks. How many times have they said that the world will end in the past?

If I can remember correctly in the past 10 years, there have been around 3-4 times when the world was supposed to "end"......

What should make me think differently about these "Mayans" and their prediction?

For petes sake,
astronomers and other observers are already saying that there is a new asteroid that has a chance of colliding with the earth. What year you ask? 20-freaking-30.

Its just that we are living at the kind of age where everyone is thinking how our generation/species will end... This causes different people announce their different believes to the world, which unfortunately we all fall for....

Just calm down.

Yeeeees! Just as the black hole is about to swallow earth, I'll pull my parachute and jump and then fly away to space mohaha!
Quote from Migz :My friends said something about the Mayan calander coming to an end on that date because they were killed.
No clue if it was BS or not.

well i think i read it something their calendar ends at 2012 because of the position of the sun/planets/stars or whatever. So 2013 will be the start of a new cycle(like back to 0001), hence 2012 is the end of the calendar.
Guys, remember, it's oh-twelve.
I'm pretty sure that the mayans didn't need to make a calendar that lasts for eternity, they'd run out of paper!

I have a calender on my door and it goes to the 31st December 2010. THE WORLD WILL END OH NOES!
The dinosaurs did that joke before you

Those Mayans and their crazy base-20 maths. Will they never learn?
Haha - I think everyone should use a 10 based number system, and I'm not talking about decimal.
2012 = Live for Speed S3
Y2K deja-vu. Nothing more.
I don't think so - I never heard the world was going to end in 2000, only that we could lose a lot of electronics while problems were sorted out; and almost all of those problems had been sorted out before the year 2000 anyways.

(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG