The online racing simulator
logitek's setup shop
(47 posts, started )
logitek's setup shop
i want to give back to the community and i cant do anything really good, except make reliable setups. (people tell me i am good at making them) i am uploading every setup that i have made, and up until around the fz5, i have .txt files for every setup, explaining them a little bit, but then i gave up, you can just ask me about specific sets if you cant figure it out.

as it says in every .txt file **my sets work for me, and may not work for you, if you caould save them in a way that you remember it is from me that would be great**

if you want to meet with me and have me make a set that is perfect for you, just PM me on lfsforum.net, my username is 'logitekg25'.

you can pass the sets along to anyone you want, but please tell them it is from me, so they can refer to me if they want.

please do not edit (if you do, just tweak it slightly) and if you need a better set just pm me.

and it is all true i am happy to make any set you want, just ask me here, and if you want to meet on a server i will make it perfect for you. for some cars, i only have one or two sets, they are probably not good sets at all.....so try a few before you judge.

here you go, and please enjoy, ... for all your setup needs
One issue with this, is that different people have different controlers and driving styles, so your setups may feel worse for other drivers.

Just a thought.
You cant tell people not to edit btw... if your saying that you should tell them to send the update back to you so you can get better.
Quote from JPeace :nice idea.

but setupgrid and setupfeild beat you too it, and tbh, ive never tried one of your setups, so u mustn't be that great at making setups.

How can you say he's no good if you've never tried one of his setups?

Please explain your logic.
i think i either worded it wrong or you mis-understood...i dont want people to modify my setups, but if they insist on doing so, do it mildly. if the setup doesnt work for them, i am happy to make them a set just for them to use, especially for them. they can pass the sets along to others, but i would apreciate them mentioning my name.

you may not have heard my name, but i havent widely given my sets, until now. i have been told my grip sets are easy to control, my drift sets are 'taking the corners so well', my damage sets are 'the fastest i have used', and i just want to give back to the community
What is a damage set?
you know those layouts found on the CAD servers and such where your car is jumping a lot, and by the end if you can control your car you will probably win.....my sets are very good in those, and dont damage suspension easy. (if you take them right)

my best ones are the rb4, and fz5. my rb4 off road set is unstoppable for the most part, but is terrible on road

my towing set is my own, not downloaded on the ltc site, and it does better then that set sometimes, and is also unstoppable for the most part (can you stop dissing them, and just try them :razz
Quote from JPeace :never heard anyone mention his name to me when discussing setups, and you know i haz no logix

It is quite alright, my dear chap
Quote from logitekg25 :you know those layouts found on the CAD servers and such where your car is jumping a lot, and by the end if you can control your car you will probably win.....my sets are very good in those, and dont damage suspension easy. (if you take them right)

i made a very good one for the RAC, last all race without a red bar (if you hit the ramps right)
the only cars i cant make setups for to save my life, is uf1 (cause of open diff) rac (cause its scary) and im not too good at any single seater
sorry for the double post, but did anybody actually try any of my setups
na, i have about..... 1500-ish files or more in my setup folder won't put more rubbish but if i really had to
Quote from logitekg25 :sorry for the double post, but did anybody actually try any of my setups

I did, but found them about one second slower than my own setups so i deleted them. They were clearly not made for me , Good effort tho.
Quote from logitekg25 :sorry for the double post, but did anybody actually try any of my setups

tried the xrt and fxo sets found them spot on

Many Thanks
try to spread the word, i really want to help out everyone

what i try to do, is make my performance sets have very minimal oversteer, and understeer, so they are neutral, and easy to control

if you want a custom made set just ask please
-
(Phsx2) DELETED by Phsx2 : somewhat out of date
I tried the FXR 'Grip' set around AS3 and managed to do a 1:57.8. I race on AS3 a lot, mainly on AMG and have done 1900+ laps on it so I know the track and the car quite well. My PB using a Conedodgers set is 1:42.19.

Some constructive criticism about the set;
1. It has a 23% restrictor on it.
2. Downforce is set on max (front and rear)
3. Gearing is too long for any circuit. I didn't get into 6th gear and vmax was 134mph opposed to a usual 167mph.

Also one setup for all circuits isn't going to be very fast. South City will require a completely different setup to a fast smooth track like Aston/Kyoto.

It's a nice idea you giving something back to the forum community, but I think some of the sets could probably do with a little more attention.
1. It`s probably a GT2 setup, FX2 or what.
2. He wants it to be easy to drive.

I thought it was probably a GT2 setup, but the gearing still isn't right for a good GT2 setup.
Maybe he has a 5 speed shifter on his G25 thus only uses 5 gears Or his 6th is broken. But I agree with you, this particular setup definitely won`t be of much use to anybody.
as i said before, in the begginning of my lfs setmaking, i was a fool....i thought total downforce is good

that set has not been updated in a LOOOONNNNGGGGG time

that was basically when i had no set making skills or understanding
Hey logitekg25 i've just got my logitech G25 and i'd like to enlist you're tuning skills to make me a nice stable tuning setup for the Xrt, thanks for reading hope you get back to me soon
request taken
Hey Logitek!
Please do not take this personally...

As a mild drifter myself; not particularly good but I know how to spell SIDEWAYS. As a personal note, I do actually notice that sets cannot be made out of thin air. Generally there is a universal set; a setup that is not extreme in anycase. As a noob, I used to think that the style - jibberish was just bs. No. Style especially for drifting is crucial, and the setup has to be built accordingly. Yes, grip setups are good for drifting a single corner and getting back on the throttle (I loved doing this when I was on DEMO on XRG! GOOD TIMES) , but slippery setups or near neutrals should be used for drifting corner TO corner. How delicate you are on your throttle may dictate how much rear antiroll you need, front antiroll. What you use to initiate the drift may dictate how you set up your dampers. In addition, what car you like to use may also tell you what camber you may use too; mainly to get the tyres to that temperature. Said as a guideline; how you are a drifter as an entity will tell you what everything should be like. Unless you are actually working with drivers who are aware of their driving/drifting problems, and merits, it is hard to develop a setup. On a sidenote, possibly you should make a VERY GOOD universal setup that every amateur can start up with and tweak at own initiative. I was able to get into this scene because people put neutral drift sets that I was able to "tweak" my driving style to; actually no, I crashed a few dozen of times =)

Style is important. Possibly you can ask the people to send in a short replay of their drifting, and you can analyze it, and think how you can resolve it on your part with the setup. Meh... I suck at making sets... I shouldn't be giving so much input when I suck myself =S...

Good luck,

GenesisX

EDIT: Sorry, I had the impression that you were doing this on solely drifting. However, it still applies. WR BL1 XFGs making low 1:33, I can't drive. They 'drift' or oversteer at corner entry, understeer at exit. I leave the corner and start to accelerate from 100 km/h when I am supposed to brake for the next apex... They may be able to use it if they are good on the brakes; squeezing it to ease weight transfer... That may the thing that make them the better driver; their driving habits... not the setup =)
Quote from logitekg25 :try to spread the word, i really want to help out everyone

Seems less like you want to help people out, and more like you want people to praise you.

logitek's setup shop
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG