The online racing simulator
Travis Pastrana Flies...
(83 posts, started )
Quote from baSh0r :I guess its around 120-140 or something, i mean thats like 80 meters so its quite a lot to jump

He said he has to maintain 90MPH to make it
he just crammed into the wall.
flippin sick-head.
Thats the kind of stuff they do on Nitro Circus.
Give me a car and i wil make it a 120 feet(whatever that is in meters).

Bit stil pretty cool
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Give me a car and i wil make it a 120 feet(whatever that is in meters).

Bit stil pretty cool

He did 269 feet so 120 feet is less.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Even I could do that. All you need is pushing the throttle and some nuts. Nothing can go wrong, really.

It's more then that. If you go too fast you can overshoot and end up hitting the ramp too hard. Too slow and you crash into the front of the ramp which would probably be worse. But you can also alter the pitch of the car in the air by braking/continuing to hit the throttle. If the pitch is wrong then you can mess up the landing as well.
#56 - Uke
correct me if im wrong. it doesn't take much skills to do that jump does it? i mean as long as you are going fast enough, and the cross wind is minimal, then you are pretty much grantee to make that jump.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :correct me if im wrong. it doesn't take much skills to do that jump does it? i mean as long as you are going fast enough, and the cross wind is minimal, then you are pretty much grantee to make that jump.

This:

Quote from wheel4hummer :It's more then that. If you go too fast you can overshoot and end up hitting the ramp too hard. Too slow and you crash into the front of the ramp which would probably be worse. But you can also alter the pitch of the car in the air by braking/continuing to hit the throttle. If the pitch is wrong then you can mess up the landing as well.

Watch this video with Colin McRae. He explains it pretty well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVaqcbBWpI4
#59 - Osco
Nice. Next time launch it from an aircraft carrier and see how far he'd go
Quote from baSh0r :definately good stuff but id kick his nuts for crashing the car

and that wasnt the first one, he wrote a couple off in practicing it by rolling when he landed
What people dont seem to understand is these jumps are just an opportunity for Red Bull and DC Shoes to make the big dollars and be advertized everywhere.

Ken Block and Travis Pastrana own DC Shoes;

They know damn well they can go over 269 feet;

They beat each other's previous score knowing that everyone will look at them, be like 'OMG THIS CAR HAS RED BULL AND DC SHOES EVERYWHERE ON IT I NEED TO BUY THEIR ITEMS!'

???;

Profit!
Quote from Riders Motion :What people dont seem to understand is these jumps are just an opportunity for Red Bull and DC Shoes to make the big dollars and be advertized everywhere.

Ken Block and Travis Pastrana own DC Shoes;

They know damn well they can go over 269 feet;

They beat each other's previous score knowing that everyone will look at them, be like 'OMG THIS CAR HAS RED BULL AND DC SHOES EVERYWHERE ON IT I NEED TO BUY THEIR ITEMS!'

???;

Profit!

Pastrana has nothing to do with DC Shoes. Travis Pastrana has made his name through doing stunts and stuff. And a bit of rallying which 9/10 he will inevitabley have crashed out of.
Quote from trebor901 :Pastrana has nothing to do with DC Shoes. Travis Pastrana has made his name through doing stunts and stuff. And a bit of rallying which 9/10 he will inevitabley have crashed out of.

Isn't he 4 time consecutive Rally America champion? Pretty hard to accomplish 4 consecutive championships if you only finish 10% of the rallies...

Quote from N I K I :there must be some docks aside this one in that whole america

He was jumping from a pier to a barge anchored in the pacific ocean, he wasn't jumping onto a dock. That being said, a larger barge could possibly have been procured, but I'm willing to bet that there was more than enough room on that thing to stop; had it not been so slick. Watch the video again, the surface was slick, Travis himself says it several times. That, to me, was an oversight that had not been taken into account.

I personally would like to know the troubles incurred on going from test-jumps on dirt to the real deal on concrete. Concrete should, in theory, be more predictable and give more consistent results, but I'm sure it is quite different than doing this kind of stuff on dirt. Could be an interesting topic.
Quote from trebor901 :Pastrana has nothing to do with DC Shoes. Travis Pastrana has made his name through doing stunts and stuff. And a bit of rallying which 9/10 he will inevitabley have crashed out of.

And 125cc national motocross champion Lets not forget All those X games medals for rally and moto x events.
Quote from FOGlegsy :And 125cc national motocross champion Lets not forget All those X games medals for rally and moto x events.

Not exactly the hardest rally trophy to win though, is it?

Caught a bit of it on late-night C5 and it was full of complete no-names.

Anyway, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who thinks Pastrana and Block are massive, MASSIVE belms with talent that doesn't come close to a proper rally driver.

OH NO FOON BUT TEH GYMKYAAMMANNA VIDEOZ, zzzzzz, give me shedloads of cash to practice on an airfield for weeks and we could produce a similar, actually BETTER, video.
Well he did beat the legend Colin Mcrae at the x games in rally X in 2007(?),

Mcrae was around a second ahead, then Colin rolled it in the 2nd to final corner but continued to finish a second or so behind Travis with a flat tyre. That says something about the legend CM

I dont think Pastrana would have a chance in hell even getting close to winning the WRC. Thata where the tallent lies in rally.

Still for a bloke who can jump onto or get into anything and do some amazing stuff I have to give him that. He is like an overactive puppy.

Maybe its all that Redbull.
Something slightly messed up on that timeline

Quote :Timeline
* First Pro Win
* 2000 X Games
* 1999 X Games
* 2006 Rally America
* 2001 SX Championship
* 2006 X Games
* 2000 MX Championship
* 2007 Rally America
* 97 Amateur Champion
* First Grand Canyon Jump
* First Leno Appearance
* Travis and Wiley
* Early Rally Career
* Birth
* First Race
* Amateur Career
* 2000 MotoX Des Nations
* 2008 Rally America
* 2008 X Games
* 2009 Rally America

Whoever put that up obviously doesn't understand that a timeline should be chronological order, with events over time in a line. I thought the hint was in the name
That's hilarious. If its possible to do things before birth I wanna find a way to continue doing things after death . . .

/me devotes entire life to doing things after death.
There are some musicians who have released more albums posthumously than when they were alive.
Maybe Pastrana is actually a time traveller. I bet this jump was taken at 88mph
Quote from Syfoon :Not exactly the hardest rally trophy to win though, is it?

I guarantee you couldn't do it. I'm not going to say that he is the best rally driver in the world, but he does have a massive amount of talent. I have a lot of respect for the guy; he's got bucketloads of talent and the motivation and drive to fully utilize it in multiple disciplines - rally, motocross, freestyle MX, step up, downhill cycling, etc.

Quote :Caught a bit of it on late-night C5 and it was full of complete no-names.

How do you expect to know any of the drivers if you've only watched it once? It's not the WRC, get over yourself.

Quote :OH NO FOON BUT TEH GYMKYAAMMANNA VIDEOZ, zzzzzz, give me shedloads of cash to practice on an airfield for weeks and we could produce a similar, actually BETTER, video.

Ah, that's cute, you actually believe this...
Tbh Syfoon, i'd LOVE to see you try and make a better video than Block.

Quote from MAGGOT :I guarantee you couldn't do it. I'm not going to say that he is the best rally driver in the world, but he does have a massive amount of talent. I have a lot of respect for the guy; he's got bucketloads of talent and the motivation and drive to fully utilize it in multiple disciplines - rally, motocross, freestyle MX, step up, downhill cycling, etc.

How do you expect to know any of the drivers if you've only watched it once? It's not the WRC, get over yourself.

Ah, that's cute, you actually believe this...

I totally agree with you.
+1 to that.

Syfoon, have you EVER rallied in your life?

Travis Pastrana Flies...
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG