The online racing simulator
FWD GT2 league?
(28 posts, started )
FWD GT2 league?
just throwing it out there, if anyone is looking for a FWD GT2 league, i'd be willing to run one...

let me know if you're interested, and which day of the week you'd like to see it run on... earlier in the week is best for me, but i don't know how well tuesdays sit with everyone else's schedule.

cheers
So by FWD GT2 do you mean restricted UFR and XFR? or just normal? either way sounds interesting, any days alright with me.
Quote from AstroBoy :So by FWD GT2 do you mean restricted UFR and XFR?

yeah... probably around UFBR range... i figured it would be a good start for people who are looking to get into (faster) league racing.

i tried something similar last year, but it didn't take off as well as i thought, so this time i'm going to only do one car class and see how it goes.
I'd be interested...I'd be a little more interested if it was unres as the FWD GTs are a bit easy to drive already
Quote from lizardfolk :I'd be interested...I'd be a little more interested if it was unres as the FWD GTs are a bit easy to drive already

i'll consider it, but chances are that some intake restriction will still be in place...
I'd be interested too, just I think that restrictions around UFBR (45%) is a bit too much, 20% would do fine. Also it would be nice if it wouldn't intersect with other leagues like iTCC or GTAL. And for me it would be nice if races would be ran on weekends.
Quote from iFastLT :And for me it would be nice if races would be ran on weekends.

that might be feasible, but we'd have to race monthly instead of weekly in that case because most of my weekends are botched with work... certainly doable.
Quote from bunder9999 :that might be feasible, but we'd have to race monthly instead of weekly in that case because most of my weekends are botched with work... certainly doable.

Oh, you misunderstood me a bit, I would like that races would be ran monthly too, but they would be held on weekend days, like GTAL, it's ran monthly, on saturdays.
Quote from iFastLT :Oh, you misunderstood me a bit, I would like that races would be ran monthly too, but they would be held on weekend days, like GTAL, it's ran monthly, on saturdays.

it's no biggie... most of the variables are, well, variable right now...

if we run it on the weekend, the first race can be run on the sunday directly after the january GTAL race.

let's see what other people think and i'll finalize it.
Would this be a league where you do 30 lap races(for example) in the cars you said? Or would it be like you have in GTAL and MoE, different time lengths and with changing of drivers? I'd certainly be interested either way, but think it would be better as timed races

On the restriction front - IMO if the races are monthly, it should be restricted as it stops you downloading setups off the net and being ready to go pretty much straight away setup wise, but if its a short term championship then don't bother. Like someone said before, the cars arnt hard to drive over 1 lap anyway, so its not as if you're taking away something it already had - although 45% resriction might be a bit much, an overpowered XFG rather than an underpowered XFR
let's race with XFR 25% restricted ! It remember me the GT4 class of RSR
Quote from IsaacPrice :Would this be a league where you do 30 lap races(for example) in the cars you said? Or would it be like you have in GTAL and MoE, different time lengths and with changing of drivers? I'd certainly be interested either way, but think it would be better as timed races

i haven't decided on race length, but it will probably be one-man cars without driver changes... to keep them short, i might run them for how many ever laps are done in an average 1/2 hour setting (eg: 14 laps on KY2)... most likely no safety car either. i'm hoping to attract people who are new to league racing, so i don't want to overwhelm them with stuff.
I'd love to do ufbr and xfjr league racing, for sure. Weekends, maybe Sunday nights, would be good for me
Cool stuff . I'll try and compete in this if I can!
Quote from MoMo92i :let's race with XFR 25% restricted ! It remember me the GT4 class of RSR

yes those were awesome....and they were 20% btw.....

20% seemed IMO nice because it was much easier on tires, yet you still had plenty of power, unlike the UFBR/XFJR.

there were some really awesome races on that server with 25 of those cars....
+1 !
+1. 20% sounds good actually
how about we "split the middle" and say 25%? hopefully that should be enough to need a gearbox change and also should cover the setupgrid-quick-download concerns...
Quote from bunder9999 :how about we "split the middle" and say 25%? hopefully that should be enough to need a gearbox change and also should cover the setupgrid-quick-download concerns...

Why do you hate me bunder....
Quote from lizardfolk :Why do you hate me bunder....

i don't hate you, i'm just trying to be fair...

edit: by the time i take actual signups, i'll probably have a pair of "base sets" prepared.
Which will be when...?
Quote from IsaacPrice :Which will be when...?

possibly tonight, let me work them out and i'll post them up.
"Our" spec cars are brilliant round really tight, twisty tracks - something like FE1/2 never fails to put a smile on my face, but anything with a straight or the slightest hill and its rather dull. About ~20% would give them, what, ~160bhp? So thats about the same as a clio cup. That should be good for both twisty and slightly faster tracks. Count me in
I think sprint races would be a good idea. Maybe make it like a club man series? So restrict more parameters setup-wise. Just an idea though .
i have quite a few setup-grid sets with adjusted gears for 20% already.
they may not be perfect, but they are better than just running stock sets with the restriction.
i can zip em and post em if anybody wants....

FWD GT2 league?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG