The online racing simulator
Visible windshield.
(48 posts, started )
#26 - Woz
For me the introduction of visible windscreen requires ALL driving view to be LOCKED inside the car. No more chase etc but allow custom.

As soon as something that will reduce visibility (Dirt, glare etc) is added it should be forced and not optional. Good bye chase cam or do as per reset and only allow in arcade mode
+1
Quote from Woz :For me the introduction of visible windscreen requires ALL driving view to be LOCKED inside the car. No more chase etc but allow custom.

Yeah, these arguments have been played out here before, and I can't be arsed to search and direct you to the appropriate responses, so...

This is specious logic. There is no reason why a 'dirt' algorithm or a 'breaking glass' algorithm can't be applied to whatever view is being used. There is no causal relationship between simulated events and the way in which they are observed that necessitates any kind of requirement you describe.

I just wish people would up and say "we like the single perspective fantasy and the testosterone boost to be had from a certain kind of role play", rather than inventing some daft irreducible, 'hardcore' justification for their views.
+1
nice bump
Quote from Takumi_lfs :nice bump

Well, it sort of is a relevant bump. XCNuse said (Oct 2006), :

Quote :devs still have to figure out the alpha layer problem first (for those that dont know.. just look for skid marks through the windows of the FOX or other open wheel car with a windshield [yes.. looking through the shield]) you wont see any

That problem has been rectified with patch Y.

Quote from Patch Y readme.txt :FIX : Skid marks and rubber are now visible through screen

Visible windshield? Definitely YES!
It'd be nice if people read threads they were posting in from time to time.

Unfortunate as it is, I have to back up col's point: LFS absolutely cannot know where your eyes are focusing, nor (currently) can it simulate having two eyes looking from different perspectives. This means that having, say, a crack in your windscreen would cause a line down the 'screen that you could never, ever avoid - whereas in real life, whichever eye's view was less impeded by that crack would automatically take dominance over the other eye, which could not see a given object so easily. LFS cannot simulate this, so this aspect of the simulation would always be unrealistic - and that's a compromise I doubt ScaViEr is willing to make.

Oh, I meant that having to back up that particular point was unfortunate, not generally having to back up col

Sam
Agreed with Dark Elite. Afterall, you cannot emulate 3D enviroment using 2D monitor. However, it could be possible that LFS tries to focus to the point where driver looks (However, this requires TrackIR). There are more important subjects than visible windshield, 'tho, so -1.
Quote from Gekkibi :However, it could be possible that LFS tries to focus to the point where driver looks (However, this requires TrackIR).

Never ever. Even if that TrackIR-like thing monitored eye muscles, pupils and stuff to detect in-depth focus, it would not work because you're still looking at a flat screen.
It doesn't have to be cracks nor a live windshield, that gets dirty while you race. Just a really really transparent kinda texture that would emulate the windscreen, just to get rid of the effect that you don't have a windscreen at all, as it curently is the case..
Quote from frokki :Never ever. Even if that TrackIR-like thing monitored eye muscles, pupils and stuff to detect in-depth focus, it would not work because you're still looking at a flat screen.

What I meant was that LFS tries to focus on a spot what is center of the screen. This doesn't work well if you don't have trackir, because it always centers the exact point where you are heading..

I can't explain what I mean right now, too much alcohol in my bloodsystem.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :
... that we will see the little pit crew members actually clean the windsheild. Now THAT would be freaking cool...

Ok i couldnt resist!

You pull in for a pitstop and some noob coems flying through the pits and runs over your pitcrew. Now what? ROFL.
Quote from mathew4445 :Ok i couldnt resist!

You pull in for a pitstop and some noob coems flying through the pits and runs over your pitcrew. Now what? ROFL.

This was a retoric question, but I will still answer it: y0u r3v3ng3 4nd kr4$h h1$ c4r!!1111oneoneone
Quote from Boris Lozac :...just to get rid of the effect that you don't have a windscreen at all, as it curently is the case..

You don't have a windscreen? Why not try rally-x at Blackwood and have someone throw mud at your monitor while you race... Instant realism at little cost!
braking winshield?
i was wondering that could winshield brake? and it could 100& brake and go into peacec
Quote from batteryy :i was wondering that could winshield brake? and it could 100& brake and go into peacec

Great suggestion! I wonder why no one else had thoug....... oh wait.....

Regards,

Ian
#43 - LJF
Sounds good.
Quote from batteryy :i was wondering that could winshield brake? and it could 100& brake and go into peacec

Would be good if it affected aerodynamics.
How about add it with the update of wet weather.
why does anyone need to see less through the windshield? I dont understand...
For the sake of immersion and realism.

Visible windshield.
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG