How are you going to say '2010?'
(108 posts, started )

Poll : ..... so?

Two thousand and ten
Twenty-Ten
Two thousand and nine plus one
Two zero one zero
Probably evenly mixed between:

Twenty-Ten (As it is Twenty Hundred, Ten. Like Nineteen-Ninety Nine.
Two-thousand Ten (without the 'and' like the poll has and shouldn't be there)
Quote from blackbird04217 :Probably evenly mixed between:

Well Brits always used "Two-thousand AND nine", which is why it is in the poll as it is, seeing as the OP was British.
i voted for two thousand then, but after reading all of your comments it's gonna be twenty-ten. Sounds more like English ;o

btw it's dvije tisuće deseta in Croatian, we never use silly formats as dvadeset-deset
I don't know if there's any other language using this format for years as English does.
Oh-ten makes more sense.. people go oh-nine.. why not oh-ten!
Twenty-ten.
Quote from shaun463 :Twenty-ten.

Isn't that the point of a poll... so you don't just post what you just voted on?
Kaksituhattakymmenen
Quote from Wilko868 :Well Brits always used "Two-thousand AND nine", which is why it is in the poll as it is, seeing as the OP was British.

Two thousand AND Nine would be: 2000.9 from the way I was always taught.
how about just: Ten?

we used to say 92 or 98 too so..
i'm with barry norman when he was reviewing the film, so i'm going to refer to it as ten past eight
The BBC are referring to it as 20-10. So that's decided! Makes the most sense anyway...
Quote from Mp3 Astra :The BBC are referring to it as 20-10. So that's decided! Makes the most sense anyway...

So are ITV, but C4 and C5 isnt...

BBC Wins.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Probably evenly mixed between:

+1

thats probably what you are going to see me saying
Quote from Wilko868 :So are ITV, but C4 and C5 isnt...

BBC Wins.

BBC always wins. Unless OfCom comes along...
Two thousand and ten.

Two reasons:

a) The films 2001 and 2010 Space Odysseys were never called twenty oh one and twenty ten, so even though it looks like a break in tradition, (ie 1960 being nineteen sixty etc), it's not because before we ever reached the millenium people weren't saying twenty whatever for the years ahead, they always said two thousand and xxx etc.

b) Twenty ten etc just sounds lazy to me, also it's far too American "sounding" for my liking.

So basically Two thousand and ten because traditionally/historically that's how us brits have always pronounced the post millenium years, (before the millenium actually occured that is), and I hate change for the sake of changes sake and pointless re-invention/renaming has always bugged the hell out of me
so.....you dont call it twenty ten because some films wouldnt aprove of it, and because it sounds too american

that kinda makes you racist (or whatever term is for against cirtain countries)
Quote from gezmoor : Twenty ten etc just sounds lazy to me, also it's far too American "sounding" for my liking.

Correct...and there are none more lazy than those fat Americans.

It's two thousand and ten, of course.

"Twenty ten" :rolleyes:
Quote from Mp3 Astra :BBC always wins. Unless Intrepid comes along...

/can of worms [I'm just kidding] :P

I'll probably end up saying both at some point, but reading the title, I said "How are you going to say twenty-ten", so I guess that's what I'd do naturally.
Dois mil e dez.
Two thousand and ten.

Really, don't make it complicated
defo twenty-ten.. why complicate it. But still, having thread about how to say something is quite... rare.
Also, "this year" generally works for me. Whatever the date.
What a stimulating thread let's discuss coal next.. is carbon really really black?

happy 2010.

How are you going to say '2010?'
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG