The online racing simulator
All of the scenes from the Digiserv site are using Brazil, that's why you keep getting those error messages.

I have a scene of the RB4 setup to use Mental Ray, I can upload it for you if you want.

Edit: I've uploaded the scene.
Attached files
RB4_Mental Ray.rar - 145.8 KB - 262 views
So where do I get scenes for Mental/V-Ray?
Quote from leonardo555 :If I were you, I'd try to render in 3ds max, It's much better.

Not everyone has spare $3,495.00 you know
Quote from DevilDare :So where do I get scenes for Mental/V-Ray?

Do them yourself. It isnt hard to replace Brazil material vith VrayMTL for example.

Quote from andRo. :New render in a long time. BTW, I don't know why, but this was rendering 38h. It is my personal longest. Before my longest was only 12h. :/
Maybe I added too much samples, dunno.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2143/xrtstripesrender.png

That is clear OVERKILL. My render took about 3 h max and it had quite many displacement and bump and other modifiers that it was difficult to handle sometimes in viewport.

Check your settings, because at first my renders rendered about 12 hours, but a bit changing the settings and render time is now about couple of hours. And if you have quite a proper machine , 38 hours is still crazy.

Your scene is not so complex...so its definitely those settings. But good job afterall.

Quote from Shadowww :Not everyone has spare $3,495.00 you know

But some can get it from school.
even with my crappy old pc(well not so crappy but 800 fsb...) a loaded scene with lets say 500 K poly took an hour to render in 1680 res. now that takes about 10 min can u choose between opengl and d3d?

RPF1 wheels, rendered in V-Ray.
That looks amazing !
Lights are very nice.
Quote from okijuhans :...

It's definitely the settings and my PC is not good for rendering.
And I can't get 3DS Max, because I think that it would be unavailable to render with my PC, since blender already has a little bit of lags.

And that looks good, Kansei.
Quote from andRo. :It's definitely the settings and my PC is not good for rendering.
And I can't get 3DS Max, because I think that it would be unavailable to render with my PC, since blender already has a little bit of lags.

And that looks good, Kansei.

Blender lags more then max, atleast for me
Kick ass stuff as usual advan!

Here's a modified XRR in studio.

Something needs to be done for those lights. Oh and btw, happy new year to LFS's 3d scene

EDIT: A better material. The rear reflections are a mess and I have to do something for those. Materials still need work. Windows are dark cos I was too lazy to do anything about the interior.

-
(leonardo555) DELETED by leonardo555
Question for you Blender users, is there any way to export out of Blender to some common format like .obj AND preserve smoothing groups?

I can't figure out how to do it and fixing an RB4 looking like this would take a while:
Attached images
brokenRB4.jpg
Mogster, that is really cool. Especially with the "golden" color. BTW, your rear left wheel is not touching the ground.

Quote from Crommi :Question for you Blender users, is there any way to export out of Blender to some common format like .obj AND preserve smoothing groups?

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think you can. I know that you can't convert anything from for ex. .max to .3DS in blender, but not sure about exporting.
Quote :I can't figure out how to do it and fixing an RB4 looking like this would take a while:

Check the attachment. Select car's body and press F9, and then as shown in the picture. If that doesn't fix it, sorry, can't help.
Attached images
Untitled-1.png
It is actually touching the ground like every other tire, but it looks like this. Too much light maybe. Or do I need to deform it? If anyone has any idea feel free to point me into right direction.
Oh, okay. Hmm, add better textures, that could make the render look better. <--idea

I made this render today, to present my new skin, the render is simple and doesn't look too real, but I just post it here also.
Rims by: mogster

Click on the pic
Quote from andRo. :Oh, okay. Hmm, add better textures, that could make the render look better. <--idea

I made this render today, to present my new skin, the render is simple and doesn't look too real, but I just post it here also.

Click on the pic

If you change your wheel material (rim, tyre, center bolt), it would be much better

EDIT: When you cut the Loctite logo, you forgot one white part of the R
Quote from andRo. :I'm not sure about this, but I don't think you can. I know that you can't convert anything from for ex. .max to .3DS in blender, but not sure about exporting.
Check the attachment. Select car's body and press F9, and then as shown in the picture. If that doesn't fix it, sorry, can't help.

Should have probably clarified that I downloaded Bogey Jammer's LFS car package in Blender format and I'm trying to export them into a format that I can then import into Maya. But, exporting in .obj seems to reset all smoothing groups and have multiple disconnected edges which I need to then go and merge.
Quote from andRo. :Oh, okay. Hmm, add better textures, that could make the render look better. <--idea

Click on the pic

What's with headlights? :3
They are from this BMW pack, and they are supposed to go with the skin, then they look like full headlights, but now they are in half.
O/T: could you show me where to get that pack? All the links for it seem to be broken.

On topic - Very nice renders, I downloaded the skin too
Hello everyone again,

I've made a little video compositing with blender and the awesome "Repsol VW" available in this forum.

I simply incrust the fake car on a table inside an existing video.

The link : Youtube Video
That made me laugh
first render with mental ray
I am having the same issue with sfmgr. It just crashes. Vista un installed it, now it won't reinstall. Any help?

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG