The online racing simulator
Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
Quote from 5haz :Ze board is not happy about the team's new driver

Ze board ist full of shit. Their car sales will sky rocket if they win the F1 world championship, and how many people buy Ferrari's because of Schumacher? It stands to reason they will probably stop buying Ferrari's and start buying Mercedes instead. It's a tiny amount of money, they could probably pay him that much just to put his name on one of their road cars and they would make the money back within a few dozen sales.
It wasn't ze board it was ze works council (like a workers union I think), so yeah they would be pissed about it.
Quote :For many colleagues it is unimaginable. The staff would have understood better if Mercedes had withdrawn from the expensive F1 business altogether.

I doubt the staff would understand how to work the coffee machine based on that quote. The only reason they have a fecking works council is because of F1. How many of the big name car manufacturers would be around today without motorsport? We would probably still be riding horses, which would solve our population problems because our plums would be destroyed and the women would marry their mode of transport.
I don't get how they can risk that much money on an ageing 7 time world champ when they could of just boosted there current world champions salary.
... maybe because Brawn rates Schumacher higher than Button? I think the second half of last year when Rubens cut off the blood line to Jenson's side of the garage really placed some doubts in Brawn's mind. He knows next year he won't have the car advantage he had at the start of last year. Schumacher can deliver the crucial level of skill and knowledge
Micheal Schumacher and Nico Rosberg driving for the Mercedes Petronas GP Team this is really unbelievable. Man this is really some crazy shit, and I am really looking forward to see how Rosberg will do against the 7times WC.

Go Brawn & Mercedes GO
Quote from Intrepid :... maybe because Brawn rates Schumacher higher than Button?

You only have to count the world championships to see why.
But i am kartor! I can't count past 6!

Oh yeah bbc sucks okguiz.

>.>
lets face it, even if schumacher is no better than button, just by signing him, mercedes have ensured they will probably get a disproportionate amount of coverage in the first few races at least and at the end of the day thats what they are in racing for, to advertise and hopefully sell the road cars
I don't understand why a Mercedes winning the championship will sell them more cars. Mercs aren't exactly your 'everyman' kind of car, and I guess *most* of the F1 fans are your 'everyman' kind of person, ie not buying £40000 cars every year.

What I'm saying is, if Merc won the championship, I wouldn't feel any more or less inclined to buy one of their cars. Same with Ferrari etc. Because I'm pretty sure very little from the F1 car translates into their current road models. The brand awareness for these guys is huge anyway, they could pull out of F1 today and people would still know who they were. Yes, I know it might affect future cars with KERS and that stuff, but that doesn't particularly bother me either.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I don't understand why a Mercedes winning the championship will sell them more cars. Mercs aren't exactly your 'everyman' kind of car, and I guess *most* of the F1 fans are your 'everyman' kind of person, ie not buying £40000 cars every year.

Poor people are more likely to be communists. I don't like commies. You're obviously poor. So go away comrade.

Merc's investment on F1 makes a huge difference in their German sales. German people buy a new merc when the windshield wipers in their old ones need changing.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I don't understand why a Mercedes winning the championship will sell them more cars. Mercs aren't exactly your 'everyman' kind of car, and I guess *most* of the F1 fans are your 'everyman' kind of person, ie not buying £40000 cars every year.

What I'm saying is, if Merc won the championship, I wouldn't feel any more or less inclined to buy one of their cars. Same with Ferrari etc. Because I'm pretty sure very little from the F1 car translates into their current road models. The brand awareness for these guys is huge anyway, they could pull out of F1 today and people would still know who they were. Yes, I know it might affect future cars with KERS and that stuff, but that doesn't particularly bother me either.

I thought this as well, but then agian if everyone thought like this there would be no ads or television.

F1 is good for improving technoledgy on road cars and also making them reliable, also it gives manufactuers a chance to beat others under the same technical rules, which helps them sell cars.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :What I'm saying is, if Merc won the championship, I wouldn't feel any more or less inclined to buy one of their cars.

It will help build brand loyalty in some way, it adds another dimension between the brand and the viewers if their beloved driver faught hard for glory on the track. Of course we all know the racing car and the road car has very very little in common, but purchasing decision as research suggests is very much an emotional thing, particulary so when you are buying luxury items.
Racing pedigree...
Best of luck to Schummy. *in mind* Holy crap....
Quote from hyntty :Poor people are more likely to be communists. I don't like commies. You're obviously poor. So go away comrade.

Awesome chain of thought!
also don't forget that the on the road price for a basic A class is less than £15,000 so anybody thats in the market for a car at that price range is fair game for them and image counts for alot. if it didn't then the skoda superb would be a best seller as nearly every motoring mag sings it's praises in every test, autocar this week refered to it's limo size interior space and leather that is better than a jag's but you just know that most people wont consider it because of skoda's image.

there was a study done a few years ago that showed that even if you're at the back of the field and don't finish races, the fact that you are in F1 does have a positive influence on the way people think of your product regarding it's use of technology and general image. even airlines found that the crashing problem that kept them away from motorsport doesn't occure, people see a car crash with an airline's name on it and the don't think the planes will crash but they do think the airlines a more exciting, up to date type of company. we all like to think we don't let adverts/ product image affect our decission making yet i doubt many of us can honestly say we buy everything because of how good it is or what it's price is even with the most basic stuff.

if advertising didn't work then sport today would be very different from how it is, companies do not throw money at things just becasue they like to, they want a return and that return is image, why is that it's arsenal's stadium that's the emirates stadium and not a team in a local sunday leagues ground thats sponsored by emirates? because of tv / press coverage linked to an image they want to be associated with in people's minds
Noone drives a freaking A class. It's a shitty car, whether you care about handling, comfort or whatever. B class is the same..
A decent Merc (C class) will set you back approximately 30000 euro for the base model in Germany.
CLC base model with a 130 hp BE engine that averages 7 l/100 km for 26000 euro is quite awesome IMO. And their new BlueEfficiency engines aren't exactly power machines, but a lot of reviewers say nice things about them + very efficient.

And 26000 for a car is really not expensive for a lot of Germans. So IMO it's a good choice.
i agree about the A and B classes but obviously people must buy them as i see them being driven, usually by people who have glasses, grey thining hair, a trilby and cussions on the rear parcel shelf. the fact it's shitty and still sells proves the point about image selling as you can guarentee that if it was a kia and still at that price no one would touch it.
Quote from tinvek :i agree about the A and B classes but obviously people must buy them as i see them being driven, usually by people who have glasses, grey thining hair, a trilby and cussions on the rear parcel shelf. the fact it's shitty and still sells proves the point about image selling as you can guarentee that if it was a kia and still at that price no one would touch it.

my dad had a 54 plate a210 evolution model that was a nice car
I drive an A class and i am pretty happy with it. Better then the Polo and Golf i had before.
Quote from Nobo :I drive an A class and i am pretty happy with it. Better then the Polo and Golf i had before.

Do you drive it in chase view?
Does anybody here buy new cars? I've always wondered who's buying the new cars - somebody must be doing it or there wouldn't be so many used cars for me to choose from.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Does anybody here buy new cars? I've always wondered who's buying the new cars - somebody must be doing it or there wouldn't be so many used cars for me to choose from.

My cousin bought herself a brand new Peugeot 1007 for her first car, despite me saying what a terrible waste of money it was. Her sister git a second hand Renault Clio, which was a much more sensible choice. Their parents also bought a brand new Honda Civic.

Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG