The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Thank heavens for the return of proper servers!
A couple of months ago, a new LFS user coming onto the multiplayer lobby for the first time would be confronted by a plethora of cr00ze and d0r1ft0 servers, GTRs @ AS3 and FOX Junkies. And that's it. What a brilliant first impression. [apart from FOX Junkies, which of course is awesome. ]

Thankfully over the recent Christmas period, there has been a distinct increase in decent, proper racing servers. IHR has popped up from almost no-where and is now just about full at peak times. There's still the good old GTR @ AS3 AMG Server, FOX Junkies is still pretty full. There's also OldSkoolRacing, which is nice for a bit of fun, a R2R server is sometimes pretty full, Oval Junkies is getting busier and even a second IHR server got quite full yesterday.

One of the main gripes of the IHR server is the good old UF-BR car, which goes insanely quickly round the corners, but is barely quicker than a UF1 when it comes to the straights. Thus you get them flying past everything apart from GTRs around the twisty stuff, but even Sid the Sloth overtakes it on the straightaways.

Thankfully, those kind dudes at NDR have a solution - NDR|Public Racing, "The friendly place to race".

We decided to revive the old server a while back, but havn't had the time nor a spare server to do it on. But since our merger with iCON, we've stolen their servers and thankfully, they had a spare one in their garage. So, it's up and running with the UF-BR [UFR with 45% Air Restriction] and XF-JR [XFR with 43% Air Restriction] on a variety of tracks.

As is almost the norm these days, we've got airio running but without most of the spam. There's a points system for you to rise through the ranks, but of course the main thing is for you to enjoy it. It's still a bit of a WIP atm, but most of the main bits and bobs are finished.

Here's some of the commands you may find useful:
!info - brings up table of ranks, plus car information
!infos - information about the morons who run the server
!rule - table of rules
!rules - information on how to report someone

^ You can report someone using our reporting feature - go to www.newdimensionracing.com, and log in or create an account. You'll find a link on the left called "Reporting system". Go in here and you can report the miscreant for us to deal with. Of course, if there's an admin on server [you can tell who they are because they have NDR. infront of their name] then please report it to them and they will deal with it for you.

If you have any comments, suggestions or need any help or assistance, then you can contact us in the following ways:
  • Chat to us on server
  • PM one of us on the forums
  • Add one of us on IM
  • Use the "contact" link on ndr.com
  • Make a post in our forums
We'd be glad to hear from you, and we hope to see you on server soon.

Best wishes, and a Happy New Year to you all

J@tko
New Dimension Racing

EDIT: I almost forgot, click here to join the server!
"like"

I´ll so be there as soon as I can! Too bad that I don´t have my pc right now, gotta get it back soon though. :P
Grrreat!
This sounds very interesting! A good bounch of great servers that have started appearing these days
Quote :A couple of months ago, a new LFS user coming onto the multiplayer lobby for the first time would be confronted by a plethora of cr00ze and d0r1ft0 servers, GTRs @ AS3 and FOX Junkies. And that's it. What a brilliant first impression. [apart from FOX Junkies, which of course is awesome. ]

i've always had one or two airio-powered servers running, but they never got much use... i've actually been considering pulling them offline.
But you can't expect a server to fill itself...

There's about 600 empty servers currently running, and if yours is amongst that 600, it's highly unlikely that anyone will join it. Most people don't even consider joining an empty server, so even having a couple of people on it can get things going again.
hiden advertisment :P thanks for another server gl i hope we will have more than 2 or 3 servers where you can do big grid racing
#9 - Joris
These are great cars for close racing. Unfortunately the server is barely populated. Not even NDR-members on it.

Guys, if you launch a new server and you want it to be a succes you should at leas support it yourselves the first few days so it gets noticed.
We were on it this morning... but tonight

Jack's laptop has broken
Deko is skinning
I am skinning
Wilko is AFK
Joe is preparing for some New Year rave
Tobba has probably only just woken up
Timo is playing army.

I dunno where everyone else is

Normal service shall resume shortly.
Quote from Joris :These are great cars for close racing. Unfortunately the server is barely populated. Not even NDR-members on it.

Guys, if you launch a new server and you want it to be a succes you should at leas support it yourselves the first few days so it gets noticed.

Funnily enough we've been on it all day, and this evening everything went wrong my end
There is always a great diversity of servers with all sorts of combos and settings, just not enough people to populate them. Now in this "between-the-years" time (and all the other school holidays) more racer can fill some of them up.
I'm dying to race online! However my lack of wired connection and slow laptop let me down! One day I'll get it going and put Gran Turismo on the back burner!
Quote from JO53PHS :We were on it this morning... but tonight

Jack's laptop has broken
Deko is skinning
I am skinning
Wilko is AFK
Joe is preparing for some New Year rave
Tobba has probably only just woken up
Timo is playing army.

I dunno where everyone else is

Normal service shall resume shortly.

Maybe I jumped to a conclusion. I found some of you lot there and had some races. Great fun!
Thanks for mentioning -OsR- Old skool Racing
<<Shameless Plug>>

Best way to keep a server busy,

1. Dont stand for idiot racers, kick them asap
2. always make sure there are a couple of people in
3. keep the track the same, No end race every lap
4. keep downtime to a minimum
5. Have Race officials watching every race,

Having fun
#16 - 5haz
Quote from Joris :These are great cars for close racing. Unfortunately the server is barely populated. Not even NDR-members on it.

There was some grand racing on earlier, you have to be in the right place at the right time.

T'is all good fun, and I've re discovered my love for UF BR.
<3 .. Thx guys
Funnily enough, we decided to rename our server a bit...

NDR|UF-BR&XF-JR Public

here to join
OOoooooh going to look forward to getting on this one. The IHR servers I enjoyed at the start, but they have too many classes going on in one race. The start grid too often has loads of faster classes trying to pick through the slower n00bs and hell breaks lose too often. You can't expect a new/leaner player to be able to deal with faster cars JUST cutting infront at turns and not have them messing up...

Anyway, NDR will be my next "Non-FM" venture tomorrow. Fox Junkies is still by far the best racing I get right now. Today I was nailed to the gearbox of a few racers for many laps, awesome stuff.
Quote from Mikjen :Thanks for mentioning -OsR- Old skool Racing
<<Shameless Plug>>

Best way to keep a server busy,

1. Dont stand for idiot racers, kick them asap
2. always make sure there are a couple of people in
3. keep the track the same, No end race every lap
4. keep downtime to a minimum
5. Have Race officials watching every race,

Having fun

Actually, servers which host the SAME track ALL the time get old very quick. You need some track rotation, although I agree, changing every race is silly.
Quote from hyntty :Funnily enough, we decided to rename our server a bit...

NDR|UF-BR&XF-JR Public

here to join

Why? If you look at the name at a glance it looks like someone's mashed their hand on a keyboard

Get rid of the public bit and at least put some spaces between UF-BR and XF-JR
NDR|UF-BR&XF-JR PRSWTRAP

It's a trap.
I've got no idea why deko mashed his head on the keyboard. I said "change it to xfjr & ufbr"
Quote from hyntty :I've got no idea why deko mashed his head on the keyboard. I said "change it to xfjr & ufbr"

I was slightly worried about spacing :P

Shortly i'll change it to NDR|UF-BR & XF-JR

JO53PHS, please don't come onto IHR server just to advertise for yours. It's hardly good etiquette

Thank heavens for the return of proper servers!
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG