The online racing simulator
Steam Sales
(563 posts, started )
It's on UK so it wouldn't even be possible... And I don't care cause I want it in French
Bought Guild Wars for £27 and want Dragon Age

Right, anyone I can level with? :P
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Sir moi 407 :It's on UK so it wouldn't even be possible... And I don't care cause I want it in French

Why is that?
. Expensive to import from another country
. Takes alot of time
. Is not in French

I don't care I'm just happy with it Having fun
Quote from Maelstrom :Why is that?

Steam matches your IP to the store

So a UK player can't buy stuff from the German store
Gabkicks has got Battlefield 2 for me! Thanks a lot mate!

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Steam matches your IP to the store

Unless you fake it through a proxy and purchase the game with a fake address from the other country... Which is what many Brazilians have done with GTA IV offer, and all of my brazilian friends who have done that are playing GTA IV online right now on Steam... (GTA IV isn't available for Katin America AFAIK, or atleast not on Brazil).
Wow, great deal. I got:

Ghostbusters
Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Total: $26.77!
Quote from Sir moi 407 :. Expensive to import from another country
5 €
. Takes alot of time
Not more than downloading the game
. Is not in French
I haven't tried it myself but it seems from other voices that you can choose french in the available languages

I don't care I'm just happy with it Having fun

But it's not important as long as you have fun.
I tend personaly to favorize steam even when the price is slightly higher than the box version (including shipping)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Steam matches your IP to the store

I was talking of amazon.
Amazon uk is very interesting nowadays with the pound eating dust.
Three Left 4 Dead 2 copies up for grabs!
Hey guys,

Left 4 Dead is currently €37,49 (~£34) a piece at steam, but there's also a 4-pack available for 112,49€ (~£102) which I went ahead and bought. So, I've got three spare L4D2 copies. I'm willing to put across each for a quarter of what I paid for the bundle (~28,5€). We'll work at the exchange rates in due time.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Edit: All copies are sold!
Bought Mr. Robot and Jade Empire for $5.75.
I bought a few games today.

Garry's Mod
Braid
Audio Surfer
Killing floor
Red Orchestra
Sniper Elite

I didn't go the bundles and what not, i wanted to keep it cheap...ish like $30 odd all up for all of those. I'm now happy
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
just got assassin's creed
#139 - Woz
Quote from BlueFlame :No, it's not like that at all, if LFS made a completely parallel game with 1 extra car and track and claimed it to be completely different game and charged money for it. Then it would be the same as Left for dead and L4D2

lol. You logic is flawed.

LFS S2 costs another 12 over S1 yet in S1 you still get all the physics updates etc so S2 is just some cars and tracks. New S3 is starting and it is just more cars and tracks because S1 and S2 will get all the other updates that S3 gets.

You are just Pi**ed because you have to buy L4D2 and you think it costs too much. Get over it.

L4D2 has a very different feel to it. There is loads of extra weapons. New special. New uncommon common infected new far bigger levels. extra stuff the AI director can control than in 1 such as weather in Hard Rain campaign, the storm is amazing to play through when it reall picks up. Melee weapons. New game mode types. The gfx in 2 are far more demanding on hardware than 1 also with more gore etc.

L4D2 is a far better with more depth. Carry on bitching though while we all enjoy L4D2
#140 - Woz
I got S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky. Good fun so far. Hard to go wrong for $5US
L4D is for 7.5€ atm on there after new sales arrived
Quote from EliteAti :L4D is for 7.5€ atm on there after new sales arrived

there's a reason for that, and its not a good reason. Max Payne 2 is £1.79 and i bought that because well its got a good rating and its a game ive always wanted but never got round to buying.
#143 - Woz
Quote from trebor901 :there's a reason for that, and its not a good reason. Max Payne 2 is £1.79 and i bought that because well its got a good rating and its a game ive always wanted but never got round to buying.

? Last time I checked there were still more active L4D1 players online vs L4D2 buy a good few 1000.

Its a 1 day sale price for L4D1. If you dont have thats a good price as still a great game.
Got plenty a lot of games during sale.

(HL1 games, CSS, Orange Box and GMod were bough before Steam Sale).

It's pretty bad that download servers are slow, I am barely reaching 1MB/s :/

I hope it will be better after sale, when the buy'n'download hype will be gone.
Civ 4 complete pack is now only € 13,60 - seems there are more special 24h-deals than advertised on the home page...

I really can't moan about the speed - I just downloaded Clear Sky with 700-900 KB/s...
Quote from bbman :Civ 4 complete pack is now only € 13,60 - seems there are more special 24h-deals than advertised on the home page...

On front page, most popular deals are mentioned.
Quote from bbman :I really can't moan about the speed - I just downloaded Clear Sky with 700-900 KB/s...

That's fast? :|

Before sales I was getting this:
Yeah, that's how I found it, but it isn't mentioned in the daily special deals, only the seperate full version...

Ordered twice so far, got

Civilisation 4 + all Addons
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Gish
Max Payne 1+2
Mirror's Edge
Sniper Elite
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
World of Goo

all for € 40... So almost 10 games for the price of one...
Quote from BlueFlame :It's just L4D with new character skins. Not really a whole new game..

Well, play through the rolling cresendo events for example the bridge run in The Parish and tell me it is the same experience.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well it runs off the same engine for a start, and it's exactly the same format (4 guys hunting zombies) so to buy L4D2 thinking it's new and cool is like I said, just like selling a new car for the same one that is a facelift model.

Well it runs off completely different engine for a start.
So to someone who hasn't played that much L4D (but enjoyed it when I did), is the sequel worth a punt at the sale price?

Steam Sales
(563 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG