The online racing simulator
display messed up even in menus.
(54 posts, started )
ya, i got it in nvidia, but then i let it go to sleep and it got back to the regular...and now i cant find it :rolleyes:

i am pretty happy with my resolution because the size is perfect, but cant i just set it to a different resolution in lfs?
LFS can only list what you have available to you in Windows. So you have to fix that issue in Windows before LFS will be able to use that resolution.

Sorry, but I do not have expereince with nVidia under Vista nor do I know what causes the resolution to disappear after yor computer enters sleep mode. You might have to find that out youself on the internet, or someone may post here what the issue is.

Try a reboot, maybe it will come back? Then disable sleep mode or something.
really: really: really: really: really: really: really: really: really: really: really: really: really: really: somehow that problem fixed itself

but because i had that probllemm i decided to mess aaround with my logitech proiler problem. it diddnt work so i un-installed and installed it, and tried the new download, and still nothing. so i called logitech and they told me the exact version to get on some random website, and it still did not work, and it gave an error that they never heard of before so now it is 'tier 2' or whatever they called it
EDIT: this is the error

:bump:

sorry for bringing this up again but i got a new video card, installed it and its back

should i just wait for it to fix itself
Try to set lfs into windowed mode and then back to fullscreen, only think i can come up with rigt now.

Ot: The "really, really, really" text annoys me ... a bit
Quote from hazaky :Try to set lfs into windowed mode and then back to fullscreen, only think i can come up with rigt now.

Ot: The "really, really, really" text annoys me ... a bit

what really really
Firstly you have a new graphics card, close LFS and delete your card_cfg.txt file in your LFS directory.
Then start LFS again, it will recreate this file for your new card.

On the last page you stated last page your monitor model, and it was 19" 1440x900 this

Does Windows look ok? Or is Just LFS affected?

Post up your screen of this.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
windows looks great, even better then normal

im going to delete that part of my cfg, and do that for you

EDIT: alright i did that, and nothing is fixed, so i will show you all of that

EDIT2: ignore this if you dont care about my bookmarks :hide: please ignore my weird bookmarks first one is my school email link, second youtube, then mylifeisaverage.com, then averagecats.com , then yahoo, my teams forum, the moniter i want 2 of so i can have 3 screen display, and then the item im selling on ebay
Attached images
ewr.jpg
Firstly you have LFS set to the wrong resolution 1360 x 768 and 30 Hz
(That is evident because the coresponding 30 is white)

You need to have it set to 1440 x 900 and 60 Hz

Strangley you don't have a 60 Hz option next to 1440 x 900 so I suggest you just click the left hand side button, 1440 x 900 as I have shown here in red...

Once that is working, assign your short cut key F12. Do this by holding your SHIFT KEY and clicking F12 onscreen (that white rectangle in the pic). Then click yes when it prompts you. If you don't do this you might accidently one day press Shift-F12 in game and end up going back to 1360 x 768.

The fact you only have 30 Hz available is a different matter and I don't know what might be causing that. 60 Hz is what you want. Fix your resolution to 1440 x 900 first and address this 60 Hz problem next. Perhaps when you click the 1440 x 900 selection it might use 60 Hz by default.
Attached images
ewrr.jpg
still no

i think i will just wait it out and hope for the best

EDIT: what it does is just make it so my screen has no sides, it cuts about an inch off each side
I'd try a fresh install of LFS into another folder, (don't have to unlock), just to see if that works. I changed monitors once and had some config file issues and re-install helped me find out what was the issue.
(If you don't feel like doing a fresh install then you CAN just close LFS, then move the cfg.txt and card_cfg.txt files elsewhere then start LFS again, but make sure you know what you are doing, so back-up those two files first.)

I am assuming you have two monitors plugged into your PC because of your screen shot above. The lower picture has sides missing. Is it because it's a smaller monitor? Maybe LFS is getting confused because you have the smaller monitor flagged as your main monitor in Windows. You can set which is the main monitor in Windows display options. Also you should double make sure you have the correct resloutions in Windows set up for each monitor. In Windows Display options that is. I think you should be using "extend my desktop" as well.... correct? This puts the second monitor as a separate dektop instead of a clone.

Maybe the extra monitor you have plugged in is making things go silly. Unplug the extra monitor and reboot PC see if you can get just one to work first. (Always reboot when changing hardware)

If your using two monitors to see if LFS will do two monitors, then because they are different sizes (resolutions) you will have all sorts of problems. You're going to have to use special software to make LFS play properly across two monitors of differnt resolutions. Try get one working properly first.
yes i have two moniters, and yes one of them is smaller, and it is not my main one. i have bigger problems though, now see the picture.... :gnasher: (im about to throw my moniter out the window :really

EDIT: im probably going to find 3 exact same moniters, one of them hdmi 2 dvi, and replace both of mine with those

EDIT2: dont worry about me for now, just enjoy your new year

happy new year
Attached images
1231091903.jpg
Looks like your ati drivers detected the smaller monitor and applied the settings to the large one. Imagine if your large monitor settings were applied to the smaller one. The smaller one most probably wouldn't work at all. So to protect you by default it does the following....

To always make everything work, what it does is default to the highest settings from the smallest component.

You acn adjust scaling from the ati control panel. I forget exactly where, but you gotta look at each setting. It's under HDMI settings, or video or something in the ATi control panel, CCC program. Look for scaling options, it's hidden pretty well.

or here...

i cant find any of that anywhere, but it does look like it is using my smaller moniter's settings

my small moniter is at the highest res
You must have Catalyst Control Center (CCC) installed. It is installed when you install your graphics card's drivers. Or did you just choose to install the drivers only?

If you haven't got CCC read this part....
Go to ATi's driver site and download the Full drivers package including the CCC Catalyst Control Centre.

Assuming you have Vista 32bit and HD 5770 ATi
http://game.amd.com/us-en/driv ... ?p=vista32/common-vista32
and click the Download button.

You can choose the Individual componets and download CatalystControlCentre separately or the whole package.
ii did install ccc, i just have no idea how to use it

and btw i have windows seven 64 lol
Right click the ATi Icon on the task bar, or find it in the Progrms menu and run Catalyst Control Centre...
Switch into Advanced mode.

You should see the screen like

go into DVT (HDMI) >> Scaling Options
It must be set to 0% (0% scaled)
when i open it up this is what i see

i cant find where to switch it to advanced
Attached images
Capture.JPG
Quote from logitekg25 :when i open it up this is what i see

i cant find where to switch it to advanced

You're already in advanced mode, just click "Graphics" in the top left corner, then "Desktops & Displays" where you select the display to modify which brings you to "Desktop properties". You might also want to check out "Display options" and "Avivo Video" -> "Theater Mode".
still cant get anything to work.....is there any way to just restart, and get whole new drivers for everything like i never set up anything

EDIT: it is kinda fixed, it is back to the size of the monitor, almost, it still has a little bit of room
Quote from logitekg25 :still cant get anything to work.....is there any way to just restart, and get whole new drivers for everything like i never set up anything

EDIT: it is kinda fixed, it is back to the size of the monitor, almost, it still has a little bit of room

If you haven't fix the LFS problem yet, then try this. If you have forum opened while playing, maybe your screen adjusts so you can see both forum and LFS. Try closing forum.
About your monitor. It sucks a bit. It has good res, but Hz SUCKS. I also have 19'', but I have res of 1360X768, and 75Hz max, on max res, it is 60Hz.
If I come up with something that could help, I'll try to post something constructive, not destructive.
Hey Matijapkc
How do you know his monitor's Hz (refresh rate) is bad? It doesn't seem to listed be on any specs pages for his monitor. In the user manual it only refers to 60Hz in the PC connection (VGA cable) section.

In the PC connection (Analog VGA Cable) section it says..
The following signals can be displayed:
Format Resolution V. Frequency Format Resolution V. Frequency
VGA 640 x 480 60Hz
WXGA 1,280 x 768 60Hz
SVGA 800 x 600 60Hz
XGA 1,024 x 768 60Hz 1,360 x 768 60Hz
Other formats or non-standard signals will not be displayed correctly.

Funnily enough, the DVI>HDMI input (HDMI 1) section says...
This unit accepts 480i / 480p / 720p / 1080i video signals, and 32kHz / 44.1kHz / 48kHz audio signals

Does this mean the DVI>HDMI cable he is using will only give him the option of 1280x720 OR 1920x1080 ?

And how the hell is 1,440x900 used? This is mentioned in the product main page but is not even an option listed in the manual except for some vauge reference in the "Other Specifications" area.
LCD: 19 inches WXGA+ panel (1,440 x 900 pixels)

Logitekg25:

If you're still using that DVI>HDMI cable try using 1280x720 see if the sides of the image are still chopped off. Oh yeah and the DVI>HDMI cable will only work in the HDMI 1 connection apparently.
And if that works try out 1920 x 1080.
Quote from JasonJ :Hey Matijapkc
How do you know his monitor's Hz (refresh rate) is bad?

I know because I can put it on 60Hz on 1360x768. On desktop, on same res I have 75Hz.
I agree Jason, with HDMI connection I think 1280x720 would be Logitek25s best option, while the 1920x1080 should work, it will be compressed by the TV due to it not supporting 1080p by default (not enough pixels)

Just out of interest, why are you not using the vga connector Logitek?
As Jason says you should be able to use the vga (meant for PC) connection and run at 1360 or1366x768 or even 1440X900

Did the TV come with a CD disc? because if you can get hold of the monitor.inf file for that specific TV it should make changing resolutions a breeze.

Good Luck.

SD.
Quote from matijapkc :I know because I can put it on 60Hz on 1360x768. On desktop, on same res I have 75Hz.

Oh ok I see what you meant now. But I really don't think 60Hz is too bad. I play everything at 60Hz and it's joyous.

I think he used the HDMI cable because he thought that might be a better solution. Honestly, I would have thought the same thing, without reading the manual.

Maybe he used the HDMI because his card only had DVI outputs and he didn't have a DVI>VGA connector.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG