The online racing simulator
Quote from woz :[1]lol if you think there are less than 100 million trees on the planet you have a strange view on the actual size of the planet? [2]100 million trees is about 750000 acres, which is a tiny fraction of the forests on earth but still a sizable amount to cut and process just to send to the rubbish dump.

I have read many pieces of information around zunk mail and know people that used to work in the industry. Here is some good reading [3]http://www.donotmail.org/article.php?id=119 but just use [4]google, it is your friend

[5]the number of trees required to produce x amount of paper is well know. Humans have been making paper for a couple of years now you know, well since the printing press was made

[6]in the end if you are happy about all the waste generated by junk mail do nothing. If you think it is a pointless waste do something. The great thing about junk mail, as stated, is they send out the tools for you to protest at no cost to yourself.

[7]so think of me as a crack pot or go educate yourself, your call

[8]in the end your children will inherit the planet from you!!!!

[9]All that needs to be said.
  1. I never said there where less then 100 Million tress on the planet, I asked for a number. You did not answer the question, so who is failing your argument, you or me?
  2. Based on numbers from where? Your giving me figures without a source. You want to prove a point? Show me evidence, show me a governmental agency backing these figures up.
  3. Good choice, as they cite some sources. But they also have an agenda, with the old adage "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics." Meaning, anyone can make numbers dance they way they want without context.
  4. Yes, google is my friend, but I'm not the one trying to prove a point. I understand that your not a lawer, but it's up to you to make your case.
  5. Here's an idea, tell me the amount of paper can be made from one tree. Show me a formula that can be used to describe the amount of paper that can be made based off the the density of the paper. Then cite a source. Remember, this is your argument, take me from A, to B, to C. I'll make up my own mind, but your can still present the facts, and if you a really correct I'll see the same thing your seeing.
  6. I never said I was happy with anything. I'm just trying to show you how to make a cohesive argument.
  7. I never said that also. You've added a lot of words to my post. I've post 17 words in my last reply, none of them said you where a crackpot.
  8. Assuming I want children.
  9. No there is much to be said. You have some research to do before you convince me. How about I help you make your argument.
Quote from Intrepid :No, a nationalised, heavily subsidised industry (funded by tax) is significantly different to a private one who revenue is raised independantly.

Easy way to stop over population (**** it, I am gonna daily mail) Stop or heavily reduce the massive welfare state. An arguement can be made I admit for some forms of welfare (which I am still not a fan of), but if people get money for doing absolutely nothing except from taking the dick then what can we expect? People shoudl be responsible for themselves

are you even old enough to have a proper job? considering you apparently dont make enough money to pay for your own s2 licence
Quote from Shotglass :are you even old enough to have a proper job? considering you apparently dont make enough money to pay for your own s2 licence

at least he attempts to put forth an argument instead of just using snide personal remarks
#54 - PoVo
Just catch the guy that throws mail in an threaten him. There was a guy from UPC (they provide my Internet + Cable TV) and he disconnected my CABLE TV while i was watching it for no reason (from a cable box in the corridors of apartment), bills were paid, i asked him why and he just plugged it in and went off.

So a couple of weeks later the same guy comes back and unplugs it again so i come out and i say if you dont frickin stop ill shoot you (obviously it was a joke, cmon guns are illeagal here) and he never came back.

Thats what you should to to the postmen who through crap throught your post box!
Quote from PoVo :Just catch the guy that throws mail in an threaten him. There was a guy from UPC (they provide my Internet + Cable TV) and he disconnected my CABLE TV while i was watching it for no reason (from a cable box in the corridors of apartment), bills were paid, i asked him why and he just plugged it in and went off.

So a couple of weeks later the same guy comes back and unplugs it again so i come out and i say if you dont frickin stop ill shoot you (obviously it was a joke, cmon guns are illeagal here) and he never came back.

Thats what you should to to the postmen who through crap throught your post box!

Hahahah I think Lithuania works differently to the UK as an example hehehe people are belligerent here...
How many trees for clean your ass?
This just looks like one of those threads from a clueless citykid who has no idea what they're talking about. Trees are renewable resource and forests get planted over and over again to produce wood over a long period of time. Granted, that doesn't always happen in countries where it's probably cheaper to buy more land to harvest than keep using what recycle the old land. But it's the same old problem with you have with industry in 3rd world countries due to lack of regulations and control.
Junk mail seriously needs to be banned. It's a problem not only to people receiving the mail, but it is seriously a huge problem to the environment. People who work for the government and people who don't seriously need to take some consideration for the environment and start to protect trees. Otherwise, companies need to replant trees once one has been cut down.
I think we should just mince up 100 million spammers per year as meaty compost for trees. Should balance it all out nicely.
#61 - Woz
Quote from Crommi :This just looks like one of those threads from a clueless citykid who has no idea what they're talking about. Trees are renewable resource and forests get planted over and over again to produce wood over a long period of time. Granted, that doesn't always happen in countries where it's probably cheaper to buy more land to harvest than keep using what recycle the old land. But it's the same old problem with you have with industry in 3rd world countries due to lack of regulations and control.

Citykid is not a word I would use to describe myself lol

I live over 50Km from my nearest Town in the sparsly populated Canterbury Plains. I help in the slaughter and processing of my own lamb-mowers when the grass runs out in the paddocks and they moved on to their new homes in the freezer. Like many in NZ I use re-newable wood for heating instead of the coal/gas powered heating (You do realise your electric heating is probably coal/gas powered don't you). I can fell trees and hand split them with an axe and have hand split well over 20m3 of wood this year. I have not lived in towns for many many years and would only do so being dragged kicking and screaming.

If you read what has been said you will see that you are not the first person to raise renewable forests and I have said many times this is not the issue. What is the issue is all the resources wasted in processing and then moving the trees in their journey to the landfill sites unopened for less than a 1% response rate. Unlike the trees cut all the different fuels and resources used transforming said renewable trees into junk mail are not renewable

I also understand the junk mail industry from the inside as I know people that used to spend $millions for clients on such mailing. So I know what it costs them, how they collect their mailing lists, the responses they expect and what it takes to turn a mailing from profit into a disaster for them.

For example if you are not careful with the opt-in/opt-out checkbox on forms you fill in you actually give companies to share your details with other companies. In other words they can (and do to help pay for their mailing) sell your details to anyone that wants them. Result is more junk mail in your letter box.

In the end if you don't like junk mail don't just ignore it but post back the envelopes. The more that do the more it harms them and once enough people learn this simple truth the less junk you will get. The only thing that makes companies act is profit!

I am bored of people that want to start a fight so if you have an interest fine if not just leave the thread alone for those that might actually be fed up enough with junk mail to take simple steps that cost you nothing. Lets face it no government will do anything.

Hope that helps clear things up for you.

Have a good new year
#62 - Woz
Quote from Bob Smith :I think we should just mince up 100 million spammers per year as meaty compost for trees. Should balance it all out nicely.

rotflmao nice

100 million trees are cut per year for junk mail
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG