The online racing simulator
drift !!!!
(13 posts, started )
drift !!!!
salut ce serait cool de pouvoir ameliorer les performance moteur ainsi que la comtabilisation des points.
bien sur de nouveau circuit ou des championnat serai les bienvenus^^.
donc pour resumer c sur le mode drift qu il faut faire des modif ce serait cool! a ++
M'kay?
Quote from spok23 :salut ce serait cool de pouvoir ameliorer les performance moteur ainsi que la comtabilisation des points.
bien sur de nouveau circuit ou des championnat serai les bienvenus^^.
donc pour resumer c sur le mode drift qu il faut faire des modif ce serait cool! a ++

Tu dois parler en anglais ici

And for the suggestions, no, I am not for engine tuning...
Yes... This has been mentioned a few thousand times now. It is fun to be able to upgrade an engine, or have better cosmetic effects... that may be why people like playing Drift City, and PT, but that is not the case here. It is about having the same specifications towards racing here. We depend on skills, and luck here and there. This suggestion may probably top the list... In fact, if you take a look at the list of suggestions (Je m'excuse, I don't have the link)... you'll see that beyond the conventional suggestion of engine tuning, a car with a V8, and the typical mountain passes, that there are more *important* things to be addressed such as Scirroco (that has been on since mid - 08 [now being 2010]), and the physics that will bring on Scirocco.

Trust me, new maps, new cars, and customization have been discussed many times now, and you can probably find a thread with the same information. If you want to become faster by using a higher performance engine, you can always learn to drive more efficiently to push the engine and the car to the limit. Now that is FUN! I mean, what is the fun with racing a UF1 with the LX6 :Wink:... Cosmetic effects, ehhh, skins? Suffice?

I don't think this LFS is about drifting, but about realism. You manipulate your car to drift. Thus drifting is a by-product, as I'd like to call it, and it probably shouldn't addressed to an improvement as a sole - entity by itself. Nothing actually made by devs will directly address the drifting community, while passively, or by third party maybe. That's how I'd think of it...

Well, I hope you enjoy your stay here!
Bienvenu, Spok23! Enjoy!

Regards,
GenesisX

EDIT: Stupid me. The list is the first sticky! Check it out there... You can see that it has been proposed and that this suggestion is useless...
#5 - Vell
Hmmm, these days I was thinking about the same thing. I mean engine tuning, but aero too for "srteet" cars.

That can be very interesting because with similar cars but different mods you can try many others things, you don't use the same braking point and the same line ...

About drifting, this is great as it's now, but with aero tuning & engine tuning (for getting something like 50 / 100 hp more, not 600 hp cars) that can be very fun as it's in real life.

You see, something like the tweak but as an optionnal way in the server config; and some servers can try to go a "Gran Turismo" style for performance improvment, as it's done with cars in cruise mod for several servers.

For all these things, I keep in mind "realism" as I use LFS as a simulator for understand et learn more about chassis tuning & driving techniques (and wow, that helped me a lot !!!), and drifting is very realistic in LFS (not like arcade games), the only problem is about the tires ^^ but I guess that has been planed to be fixed.
Yes, I guess. It'd be great if there was a spot as an option to run in a server for LFSTweak. I mean, I'd love to have an XRG with 160 hp revving 9000 RPM with 900 KG curb weight. But this would just lead to problems. You'd have DEMOs screwing up the place, and trying to tweak the XRG to XRT and stuff. There'd be problems, trying to get the LFSTweak online available only to S1s and S2s.

I do need to start utilizing more of the tools such as F1PerView and etc for improving my driving style =D
#7 - Phsx2
He does have a point, though its not hard to drift with the current cars, mostly the XRT. It would be nice to have upgrades, even if they were basic like; tire width/height, a handful of engine upgrades and maybe a wing.
Tyre and rim sizes would be nice.

They don't HAVE to affect preformance, they could be purely cosmetic.
#9 - hp999
Great,LFS is turning to NFS. Way to go!
I'm sorry, but do you guys see tuning in F1? Or in GP2?

Do you see tuning in WTCC?

Do you see tuning in go-karts tournaments or GTR championships?

No.

So, there's the answer...
the only thing drifters need is more steering lock and better tyre physics, when we have both of them we'll have a much better game for drifters
It really depends what you class as "tuning".

Tuning doesn't mean fat bodykits and neons.

"Tuning" simply means "tweaking" - Therefore you would see it in most racing championships - So long as you mean tweaking suspension settings, tyre pressure etc.

i dont drift with steer lock mod

drift !!!!
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG