The online racing simulator
Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
I haven't believed this would happen Shi* just got real..
Quote from count.bazley :Berger and Alesi? Brundle and Blundell?

Anyway, this is fantastic news if it turns out to be true.

Brundle and Blundell? McLaren and Lotus? or Tyrell? And Berger Alesi is obviously Ferrari and Benetton
Schumacher is currently on 91 victories, it might be worth putting £10 on him reaching 100 victories by the end of the season.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Schumacher is currently on 91 victories, it might be worth putting £10 on him reaching 100 victories by the end of the season.

Won't happen. You're basically saying he's gonna win the championship. It won't happen.
I wouldn't put my money on it happening this season but maybe midway through his third return season, if he is still around.
11.30 CET, Mercedes is making a press-conference when they will announce their second driver.

/me hopes for Schumi
#83 - wild
Quote from BlueFlame :Won't happen. You're basically saying he's gonna win the championship. It won't happen.

Why not?
Well Schumacher couldn't win a kart race, or really challenge the front at all, in Las Vegas (with a decent amount of testing and good gear) so to assume he can jump in F1 and win the WHOLE championship is asking a bit too much.

With the lack of testing in F1 we should expect he will need 4-5 races before he gets the feel again.

The key factor in all this is Brawn. He's made the deal possible, and if he and Schumacher can spark again winning races isn't out the question.

The only problem now is he is up against Hamilton and Alonso who are head and shoulders above everyone else. Both of them should be in competitive cars as well. Of course Hamilton will be the man everyone watches. He's already defeated Alonso so he isn't going to have the fear factor that Schumacher feeds on

If Schumacher wo the championship and whole lot of drivers would need to take a good hard look at themselves though
Quote from Intrepid :Of course Hamilton will be the man everyone watches. He's already defeated Alonso so he isn't going to have the fear factor that Schumacher feeds on

Excuse me, but everyone rly? If Im gonna be watching him is going to be just to see how he melts under pressure. And Schumacher has more than enough brains to see that the real threat isnt Hamilton...

Leaving aside biased hamfans comments, I think this is gonna be a truly awesome season
I'm looking forward to Alonso beating him for the third time.
Quote from BurnOut69 :

Excuse me, but everyone rly? If Im gonna be watching him is going to be just to see how he melts under pressure. And Schumacher has more than enough brains to see that the real threat isnt Hamilton...

Then what about Alonso who hasn't finished above Hamilton in the championship table in three WHOLE years? He must be like a snowman in summer!

I regard both drivers VERY highly. They are the only two drivers where you can speak to their current/ex-mechanics and they truly light up with enthusiasm about how good each of them were/are.

But let's not get carried away... we are forgetting Rosberg in all this. How will he fare? It's lose lose for him. He beats Schumacher and people say "Schumacher must be a bit too old if he can't beat Rosberg" and if he loses "Schumacher is god".
Brawn is a genius. He's gone from wearing stupid green trousers and a terrible 2008 Honda car to bring Schumcher back and gaining the support of Mercedes Benz lol
Nobody doubts that. I just reminded of Heidfeld, whats the poor guy gonna do?
#90 - wild
Remember guys - playing in a gokart is the best way of telling who the next world champion is. That is why Alan is repeatedly put forward as the favourite, as he knows more about teaching 6 year olds about gokarting than anyone in the world.

Who cares if Schumi did or didn't beat regular karters? The disiplines are SO different its unreal. If you think they aren't, why aren't 7 year olds plucked from karting to F1? That's right, because they have to learn how to drive in the intermediate formulae.
Quote from BlueFlame :Brundle and Blundell? McLaren and Lotus? or Tyrell? And Berger Alesi is obviously Ferrari and Benetton

Wasn't it Brabham in '91 and Ligier in '93? I think James Allen worked at Brabham at the same time as them as well, might as well have just called it ITV F1 there and then!

I can hardly wait for 2010, let's just hope no-one has developed a dominant car next season and we can have an interesting battle.
Quote from tristancliffe :The disiplines are SO different its unreal

Anthony Davidson - "Top-Level Karting is the closest motorsport formula to F1" (off record he said that his karting days made F1 driving feel like a "walk in the park")

Tristan Cliffe - "The disiplines are SO different its unreal"

Who shall I believe? The one who has raced both F1 and top level karts or the one that has done neither? That's pretty much debate over on THAT issue. Let's keep it on topic now.
#94 - 5haz
Why should I believe Davidson more than well... anyone?

Hes an ex-kartor, inevitably like you he is going to promote kartoring, so why should the words of a few ex-kartors be taken as gospel?

From my own experience, I've seen some of the best kartors in the country really struggle to handle a car when they step up (including mr BRDC star of tomorrow 2007, who at the start of the season was the only driver on the grid slower than me).
Fantastic news.

Really looking forward to the 2010 season.

Can't wait for the whole McLaren vs Mercedes thing. :cool:
Quote from 5haz :Why should I believe Davidson more than well... anyone?

Hes an ex-kartor, inevitably like you he is going to promote kartoring, so why should the words of a few ex-kartors be taken as gospel?

lol So I come up with a quote from an F1 driver that validates everything I have said for years on this forum and suddenly Davidson is just another karting fanboy who must be lying. I'd like to see you tell that to his face.

BTW his opinions are echoed by quite a few drivers/experts but not many will go on record because it devalues F1 and themselves. Especially young drivers looking for drives.
#97 - 5haz
Quote from Intrepid :Davidson is just another karting fanboy who must be lying.

I don't remember saying that.

Its inevitable that ex kartorers are going to want to promote kartoring, after all, why would they bother with kartoring if they didn't believe it was the right way to go? This dosen't make them a lying fanboy, just that their opinions shouldn't be used as absolute proof of anything.

Its the same with just about everyone in motorsports, everyone has their own hidden agendas, people get their arms twisted and paid to say stuff, and so you should never take anything anyone says to be the truth.

If you do, you're an idiot.

From what I've seen with my own eyes, the majority of ex-kartorers appear to find the change to cars a bit tricky at first at the very least.

Have you ever made the change to racing cars? Seeing as you like to try and discredit people based on their experience, I think you'd find its not as easy as it looks.
Awesome he's back. Looking forward to the 2010 season and his performance.

Shame he isn't driving for Ferrari though.... I'm pretty sure Ferrari would have offered him a place in the car some time ago. (when he already knew he would return to F1)
I can assure you Davidson has no financial affiliation with karting. He had no reason to lie and devalue f1 (saying karting is as hard, and very similar to F1 devalue F1 inherently as karting is supposed to be 'grassroots'). He actually went on to criticise the direction modern karting has taken (which I happen to agree on certain points) so it wasn't all pro this and pro that agenda.

OPinions aren't fact but they can add significant weight to ones arguement... and that weight has just swung my way quite significantly.
Aren't 99% of F1 drivers "ex-kartors"?

Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG