The online racing simulator
Hazard Perception test
(56 posts, started )
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I think that was just an example one made by someone else with a camera in their car. The real videos have a camera mounted on the roof, with decent drivers.

No, I'd say that is a normal video. One of mine had some rather strange moves happen it in from the Camera car. They have to leave everything late, so not to give the testie a clue.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... IQFVM&feature=related - The test.
Hazard perception test forms a second section of the theory test and must be passed at the same time.
This part of the theory test requires you to view 14 hazard video clips on the computer screen of approximately one minute each. You are required to watch these clips as if you were the driver. There will be 15 hazard to find - at least one on each clip. However, one clip will have 2 hazard. The hazard perception test clips will not contain any sound.

For more information visit: http://www.theory-test.co.uk
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by SamH : Surplus
Passed my practical test today! Woop woop!

5 Minors was all i got against me.
#29 - 5haz
Congrats.

Fully booked 'till February here.
Quote from Crashgate3 :My favourite question was:

where is the option to ram them off the track? I mean road.
e) Spam, "BLUE FALG LETT ME PASTT!!!11111eleventyone"
As soon as I saw the lorry that was going to merge I thought it's a hazard, so i'd go with that option
I started clicking once I realized EVERYONE WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!

ACCIDENTS GALORE?!
#34 - Jakg
I just watched the video in the OP - wtf.

He took aaaaages to finally move over after overtaking the lorry, and he does it when theres a sliproad there? I never ever pull in on a slip road unless I know it's clear for this exact reason.

He pulled in BEHIND a lorry and then braked, when there was an empty lane next to him?

what a 'tard.
He did it so he didn't get yelled at by all the other retards that say "DON'T DRIVE IN THE LANE CLOSEST TO THE ****ING MEDIAN/BARRIER/WHATEVER UNLESS YOU ARE PASSING SOMEONE WHO IS DOING 10 KM/H!"

Personally, I watch for people who are in merge lanes like that truck, and I would have pulled into the adjacent lane (IF IT WAS SAFE TO DO SO!), so he could merge easier, rather than trying to make both drivers do more driving that was needed.

Even if I was in the lane closest to the merge lane to begin with, I'd change lanes (especially at busier times) to an inside lane to make room for the merging cars.
-
(JohnGraham) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam, two links to the site is quite enough, thanks
-
(pearcy_2k7) DELETED by Bob Smith : replies to spam
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Bob Smith : replies to spam
Living is a hazard. Do you have to click for every breath the driver takes? He could be breathing in some toxic fumes. Do you have to click for every beat his heart makes? Each one could be his last.
Hazard Perception Test
I have also passed my driving dsa test last week from theory-test.co.uk there are lot of things you will got new there, so, if you have eager to learn a lot you go and find hazard perception questions and clips for the test online.
Do you also happen to have 8 million dollars in a bank account that you need help getting out of the country?
By golly, I do!
It was easy here in holland, 25 questions and you could get 12 wrong.
Quote from G!NhO :It was easy here in holland, 25 questions and you could get 12 wrong.

I even got a picture with gooses on the middle of the road. What do you do?

A. Nothing
B. Loosen up on the gas
C. Brake

(pretty obvious, no?)
Nothing. The Geese will be smart enough to fly away.
Yes well yesterday there were pidgens on the road and i just drove on like i did another time and the car training teacher guy got angry. Because the pidgens wouldn't react as fast as they woulkd normally do due to the cold, and i should have thought about that.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Passed my practical test today! Woop woop!

5 Minors was all i got against me.

What minors did you get?

I got 1 for use of speed (if my brother was alive when I passed he'd take the piss because he got 0 faults at all, that bastard. He set the benchmark way too high) and a "kind word" to try and calm me down because apparently I got road rage around learner drivers/bad drivers/slow drivers, or in short, everyone else on the road.
It was 3 weeks ago now, I can't really remember.
*face palm*

The reason they give you the sheet of paper at the end is so you can see where you struggled and as such improve your driving. I passed my test ages ago but I can still remember what I did wrong in the test. Same goes for my brother in-law, my parents and most of the drivers I know.
At least the hazard perception test makes sense for you guys in the UK. Over here we get static images where you can select "brake, off throttle, do nothing":

It works alright for this example, but man there are some ambiguous situations where you just can't estimate properly how the traffic is flowing. It's so artificial...
i know it probably means brake but when i first saw "remmen" i read it as "rammen" which would be awesome if they gave you that option
Over here there's no explicit hazard perception test as such, it's part of the regular theoretical test. For the B-class (passenger cars) there are 1514 questions out of which you get between 56-ish and 68-ish (not sure exactly) depending on their point value (1, 3 or 5) and whether or not you get the follow-up (worth 1 point for a 1 point main, 2 for a 3 main and 3 for a 5 main), which you only do if you answer the main question correctly.
You're always presented with 4 answers in random order, between 1 and 4 of them are correct.

You've got 45 minutes for the entire test, but if you take more than 10 you're almost certainly going to fail.
The record is 100% correct in 3m48s or something like that, definitely under 4 mins. I did it in 5m57s, also 100%
Quote from Shotglass :i know it probably means brake but when i first saw "remmen" i read it as "rammen" which would be awesome if they gave you that option

Every single question:

"Ram 'em!!"

Hazard Perception test
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG