The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
Blizzard of the decade my ass, I was in that blizzard which hit London a couple of years back, I was driving a lorry and had the opposite of the time of my life - and was duly not paid for the overtime either *grumble* why stuff like that always happens to me I'll never know, I think I was a right bastard in a previous life.
for massachussets, not the world, and the news always exxagerates you know that :rolleyes:
Quote from logitekg25 :left foot brake, on track left foot braking makes fwd oversteer a bit, so in snow, its a no brainer, give a bit more gas, and brake a little, your front wheels will both have power going to them, and the rear will be locked up

If I wanted the rear wheels locked, why didnt I just leave the hand brake on? My car doesnt have enough power / grip at the front to get away with that...
snows here right now,supposed to get 6-12"
/me goes out with that
<----------------|

Quote from Jakg :If I wanted the rear wheels locked, why didnt I just leave the hand brake on? My car doesnt have enough power / grip at the front to get away with that...

Even your car can drag two locked wheels on snow, it's not like you want to go fast when you're sideways anyway, as crashing in weather like this you spot the accident a long time before you arrive at the scene of it. He has a point, even a lowly Proton can be drfted in the snow - that's why all these idiots with their tuned up whatevers are out there making the world a less intelligent place right now ... "oh look snow, I can drive my mums old car sideways as an aid to procreation at last".
grrr, we have an inch of snow, road decides to freeze over, and guess whose car gets skidded in to...
Grab shovel. Walk to grit bin. Dig. Throw. Dig. Throw

Problem sorted

Unless your road has no grit bin(s)... bad luck :P
Quote from e2mustang :snows here right now,supposed to get 6-12"
/me goes out with that
<----------------|

Me too, me too! Can I teleport to you?
Quote from JO53PHS :Grab shovel. Walk to grit bin. Dig. Throw. Dig. Throw

Problem sorted

Unless your road has no grit bin(s)... bad luck :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I havent seen a grit bin anywhere in the entire town of soham, let alone one for our road.

They havent even gritted the main street through the middle of the town.
Snowing here! About 2 inches.

I hope it's still there tomorrow morning or it snows again tomorrow night. I really want to go outside and get my Doriftooo on, but I've had some beer tonight, and the missus has had a drink to so i can't go out.
Quote from danthebangerboy :HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I havent seen a grit bin anywhere in the entire town of soham, let alone one for our road.

They havent even gritted the main street through the middle of the town.

Maybe I speak for myself then... My road has about 4 grit bins , and Surrey council had an absolute GRIT-MANIA session on Thursday night. They gritted practically every paved surface (including pavements) in the entire town
i only wish that the same could be said for soham...

It really is getting f--king dangerous IMO, i have recieved info that they ARE gritting through town, ONE pass through the town along the main road, at about 5pm, which is fabulously f--king usless by the time the evening rush hour has happened, admittedly, i guess it helps people on their way home, but what about those same people on the way to work again in the morning, its not enough i dont think, as by morning we have a permanent ice rink again.

I dont like it, i passed 5 crashed/abandoned cars today on the way to work at about half seven in the morning, 3 of them, fair enough, were on sharp corners where they had overshot, you can see how that can happen, but 2 of them, on completely totally and utterly straight pieces of road, i honestly wonder HOW they actually managed to end up in the verge amongst the hedges, as sitting a nice long way back from other cars at a sensible speed (i did about 30mph in 4th gear, on tickover) and i was fine, didnt use the brakes,, changed down instead, did everything gently and smoothly, it really isn't that hard to drive in, but the point is, the roads should not be left in this state IMHO.
Quote from JO53PHS :Unless your road has no grit bin(s)... bad luck :P

WTF is a grit bin (srs question...!)

My road barely even has any street lights, let alone a "grit bin".

Admittedly the roads round 'ere have been recently gritted (or at least I'd hope thats what the gravelly noise was...).

Yet to see any crashed cars on my journeys yet, though...
They're yellow triangular prisms lolwe don't have any down here, infact the only place ive ever really seen one was at my great-grandmas apartment thing years ago so she didn't fall and break her hip
Starting again big time here.

Can't remember what this town looks like without snow.
Nothing here now.

The snow has not melted tho.
we apparently just had a lots and lots of rain, but I didn't hear it because I've been listening to music and stuff...so if it freezes tonight it'll be treacherous tomorrow
No snow here, just ice and frost. Snow is hardly fun, but it's a damn sight better than driving on the icy roads in the dark with half a headlight working
Car tells me it's -5 outside. I can pull some nice four wheel drifts if I try and do something crazy like, just using 1st gear. Or 2nd. Braking scares me atm (if the road is white). And I made the mistake of overtaking the gritting lorry on the dual carriageway, while it was gritting. I can't see but judging from the noises, that must have left some scratches.
This is awesome. It's snowing like mad here since 8am in the morning and there's no end in sight. Looks like we'll actually get a "white christmas" for once.
Here too!
Looks like its going to be a 'slushy' christmas here. :/
Quote from Jakg :WTF is a grit bin (srs question...!)

My road barely even has any street lights, let alone a "grit bin".

Although I found that they are "Only provided on sities with difficult conditions ie steep hills or sharp bends"...

Which explains why there are four in my road.. cuz it's a hill
i drifting with citroen jumpyyyyyy

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG