Beginners guide to drifting
(38 posts, started )
Aww...
:munching_
Which one is better: Cat-fights or dorifto-fights? I like cat-fights more, because they always has bouncing b00bz.
Quote from The Radness :[/color]

Being the "Big BOSS of [D1GP]!!" I figured you may already know the names

well cause of the many different names it is hard to remember the correct ones
Quote from pinoykid13 :well cause of the many different names it is hard to remember the correct ones

I really don't understand why everyone thinks most drifters are phonies

/sarcasm

PS. I've been on your server a few times and I enjoyed it. Racing is my thing, but I'll go in a drift server a couple times a week. I know enough about it to get by, but I'm by no means going to start my own server, then say that some kids "guide" helps me to "remember" technique names.
Quote from The Radness :I really don't understand why everyone thinks most drifters are phonies

/sarcasm

PS. I've been on your server a few times and I enjoyed it. Racing is my thing, but I'll go in a drift server a couple times a week. I know enough about it to get by, but I'm by no means going to start my own server, then say that some kids "guide" helps me to "remember" technique names.

thx man i appreciate ur smack talking. why don't u tell me the many names for the same kind of drifting.
brake
feint
side brake
shift-lock
power over
lift-off

many names for the same eh? I honestly don't care, but I don't need a guide to help me remember the 6 most popular terms.
Why did you wrote it?link to the movie is enough
Quote from The Radness :brake
feint
side brake
shift-lock
power over
lift-off

clutch-kick
jump drift
swaying drift
dirt-drop drift

a few more techniques
here's my guide to drifting:

find a big space and practice initiating drift, try 2 things, overtorquing the rear wheels and unsettling the balance of the car. all those techniques above stem off these 2 concepts, they are just different ways of doing it. u can use the clutch, drivetrain friction, braking, steering etc. no point going through them all step by step and trying to do exactly what they say. just get a feel for how to lose the rear end, the characteristics of each technique. then put it into practice on the track, from there u have to experiment with controls and how they affect the car and how u can use them, once again, not much point trying to explain this to someone who is still trying to get down the basics of drifting.

the main thing you remember is that if you are interested in replicating what you see on vids such as D1GP and what ud consider main stream competition drifting, you need to know the criterias for judging. Line, angle and speed, and in chasing battles: duplication and proximity. its hard to gauge how your doing with all this, and its not always a good idea to base urself of what u see in drift servers.
Quote from jonny__27 :clutch-kick
jump drift
swaying drift
dirt-drop drift

a few more techniques

chuku dori or something
#35 - PoVo
Quote from pinoykid13 :chuku dori or something

Quote from PoVo :You mean Chuck Norris?

Thinking he means choku-dori which is the same as manji, which is quite similar to the arabdrift except manji is done with a proper car which is RWD
Quote from nikopdr :Thinking he means choku-dori which is the same as manji, which is quite similar to the arabdrift except manji is done with a proper car which is RWD

and tough suspension, of course.
Good thread. LFS and drifting reminds me a shooter game I used to play half a decade ago, which slowly turned into a Role-Playing game where the Death-Match and Role-Players had constant flame wars. It took 5 years and for the game to die for the community finally stop caring.

LFS has cars. Cars can slide sideways. Whoever has a problem with that should gtfo.

Beginners guide to drifting
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG