The online racing simulator

Poll : Who wants avatars on the forum and who wants images in signatures

Closed since :
No images in signatures please, they really add little and take a lot of time to load
I want avatars, they add character to the forum
No avatars for me thanks , waste of bandwidth
I want images to be allowed in my signature, within a defined maximum size
Quote from ORION :I would like to have them, but the vic's apache and hoster wont :P

I think it would not be that bad, nearly every user who visits the forum daily or so will have the avatars in his/her browsers disk cache...
I would welcome the idea of having avatars!
Quote from zeugnimod :Avatars: yes

:iagree:
#29 - ste_
tbh i don't care as long as I can disable them
Hmm, no comments from Victor on this? Would be nice to know when (if) avatars come back. I can understand the removal around the time of patch release, but by now visitor counts should be down to reasonable levels again. Maybe activate them but set them to hidden by default?
#31 - thd
Please lets have images in signatures it's so cool when everyone have huge image sigs with nice pictures and even if the posts in a thread aren't very big there is still lots to scroll and look at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I asked Victor via PM about the avatars a week ago. He replied that I was the first one who had asked for them at all... Basically he said: since they were disabled when the patch was released and no one asked for the avatars to be enabled again he just left them turned off.

So with this thread there might be a chance to get them back....
I love them because they make recognizing people easier and they add some individuality to the users ...well sometimes
Quote from thd :Please lets have images in signatures it's so cool when everyone have huge image sigs with nice pictures and even if the posts in a thread aren't very big there is still lots to scroll and look at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot a "!!!!111".

(This post works as example for that, just imagine a big picture under it. )
Yeah signatures are cool, check mine out:

Quote from thd :Please lets have images in signatures it's so cool when everyone have huge image sigs with nice pictures and even if the posts in a thread aren't very big there is still lots to scroll and look at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:
LoL @ Tweaker

Avatars - Yeah, I had a cool one
Sigpics - Nah, it's just confusing
Quote from rediske :I asked Victor via PM about the avatars a week ago. He replied that I was the first one who had asked for them at all... Basically he said: since they were disabled when the patch was released and no one asked for the avatars to be enabled again he just left them turned off.

I love them because they make recognizing people easier and they add some individuality to the users ...well sometimes

LOL! I never said anything because I just automatically assumed that they would be turned back on. I'm guessing most other people thought the same thing.
^^^ same here.
+1.
avatars:yea, i want my 1967 lotus Europa back.
sigpics:what's the point when we will get avatars?
mewantavatarsback

-butnothxtosignpicsitstooconfusing :thumbsdow
Quote from rediske :I asked Victor via PM about the avatars a week ago. He replied that I was the first one who had asked for them at all... Basically he said: since they were disabled when the patch was released and no one asked for the avatars to be enabled again he just left them turned off.

I just assumed that they would be turned back on!
Myself included. He obviously wasn't keeping up with the latest avatar crazes that kept appearing... I will think of a new one upon their return.
haha nice one tweak
Quote from rediske :since they were disabled when the patch was released and no one asked for the avatars to be enabled again he just left them turned off.

you gotta love the dutch

ill upload my bring back the avatars avatar right now ..... wait a minute ...
when I read 'shotglass' I'm thinking of window cleaners....
Either an avatar, or a defined sized signature.
Quote from rediske :when I read 'shotglass' I'm thinking of window cleaners....

yeah ... thatll be 5 bucks
#48 - joen
Yes to avatars, they add character and make members more recognisable. No to sigs, they serve no meaningful purpose and are annoying.
All imho ofcourse.
Quote from joen : No to sigs, they serve no meaningful purpose and are annoying.

I could say the same thing about avatars. IMO they're both unecessary. Avatars are a drain on the server, and sig images while they could be hosted offsite clutter up the forum regardless. Even in this thread there's a lot of one line posts that would take up a significantly larger amount of vertical space if the tables had to be adjusted to fit avatars.
Well, I think majority rules here cannonfodder, people want their Avatars back

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG