The online racing simulator
Converting MKV. Files
(11 posts, started )
Converting MKV. Files
Hi,

My TV is able to play MKV files through a USB Hub, but it only supports these audio types: AC3, MP3, AAC, AAC HC. How do I convert the audio in the MKV file to one of these? I've tried various converters but they seems to just convert it all into audio and leave out the actual video. The current audio type in the file is DTS, which isn't supported by the TV, any help would be appreciated

Thanks.
tried ffmpeg?

mkv is just a container, like avi is.
#3 - vari
Avidemux should do the trick

edit: Not sure if it can downmix multichannel Dolby Digital/DTS though if that's what you need.
#4 - troy
Quote from bunder9999 :tried ffmpeg?

mkv is just a container, like avi is.

Nope, I cant even find a decent program to convert anything.

Quote from vari :Avidemux should do the trick

edit: Not sure if it can downmix multichannel Dolby Digital/DTS though if that's what you need.

I've installed it and it seems to have messed up my video codecs, avi movies are playing as visualisations on WMP and my MKV video wont open anymore =/

How exactly do I go about converting the audio using this? I'm not to sure on what to do :P
I've done something similar using (I think) mkv merge, which will let you write out the streams separately. Once at that stage, find another program to transcode the audio, then just mux the files again.
The Popcorn tool Troy posted seems to have worked, the audio now shows as AC3. Just need to test it on the TV
#8 - vari
Quote from Alex_Ward :How exactly do I go about converting the audio using this? I'm not to sure on what to do :P

open file, set video to 'copy', set audio codec to aac for example and save

I see you found a solution though
Yeah it all works now, cheers guys
#10 - STF
Saw your problem is solved, but I can recommend you S.U.P.E.R. as a lightweight video converter from/to (almost)any type.
It`s a pain to find the download link if you don`t know where to look(linking directly to it doesn`t work) but it`s one of the best tools around IMO.
I can vouch for that, SUPER is well, super TBH, very good for converting stuff with, and its free.

It does make my PC kinda shit itself tho when doing conversions as i have a very old PC, but it still does it very well.

Converting MKV. Files
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG