if you want a progress report load lfs.exe

thats your progress report.

the whole freakin lfs is a progress report.

anyone wants to get busy, how about counting the amount of public builds since 0.04 ? all patches etc.
then get that number and check the amount of times people like kunos or isi games or simbin or westracing or iracing post about their games.
youll see that even just with actions and no words lfs crushes everything else as far as progress showing...
besides, scawen, as aim already set the goals for S2 so its not like he would say anything really new. its work thats left ahead not creative writing.
Although, just like u , i'de like a oneliner here and there, just saying "physics are progressing nicely" and "please excuse the mirrored texture" and maybe dreaming, who knows, one or two max renders from eric, with the caption "digital image taken from live for speed".

BRAWL

ps: this post is dedicated to richard towler. get well, sick bastard.
People really make me upset, asking every now & then for Progressreport, just to blame the Programmers if the posted things didnt appear in the next Release (because it just did not get ready in time)

You are right, its nice to have a Report to stay informed what may come next, but this should come initial from the Programmers and they WILL inform you if they have completed a new Feature.

I dont know exactly but I think they dont programm LFS exclusively, will say they ve other work to do.
Even if not so, they probably just get bored of programming the same Code all the time.
So what if they stay away from the LFS-Sourcecode for a Month to get their heads clear again? Its ok for me...

I would like to have a Linux-Dedi (I dont want wine on my Server *G*) but they told me that they ve other priorities and I understand this.
So I dont asked him for a Date to release it nor do I want him to report on it or something.
If it gets done he will tell us i believe....

(I myself dont like those Managers sitting in my Back asking when their new Application is ready Day for Day, Hour for hour ...it just sucks)
Quote from TDSyco :I dont know exactly but I think they dont programm LFS exclusively, will say they ve other work to do.

In fact, this is our only job.

But we've needed a long break. July was to just relax after that hard Alpha push, August started with the little work for test patch P2 then an holiday for me. Right now I'm still on general life things, washed bike yesterday ready for its MOT on Saturday. Built a shed recently and bought a worktop and sink to build a new lower part of my kitchen. How exciting - I'm not sure you really wanted to know that!

Well loads of things really, but i'm not going to bore you with them as it's nothing to do with LFS... but just imagine for yourself if you had a house and did *nothing* on it for four years or so, and neglected all parts of your life that didn't need urgent attention, then there would be some jobs to do and things to sort out!

Same with Eric - he has had things to sort out as well. We are both *slowly* starting to do some work again. And whwn i say slowly, i mean slowly and gradually. So there won't be any significant progress to mention any time soon. It's more research and testing for some features and well known parts of LFS that need to be improved for S2 final.
what color is the new kitchen?
oooooh the daily life of scawen.. hmmm
#31 - avih
that was actually a pretty good report thx for keeping us informed...
It's wooden doors under a worktop surface that is a bit blue. But it's a bit hard to get started on the job seeing as I've managed to break the mains tap handle off its stem. It was seized and I had to use a mole wrench to try to gradually move it a bit this way and that but in the end, it just broke off instead of turning. Lesson to learn - DO turn the mains tap off an on at least twice a year or it will eventually seize. So I am investigating the outside mains supply stopcocks as well though one of them seems to be totally seized as well and another one is an unknown distance down a ceramic tube which seems to be full to the brim with an unknown amount of general crap / rubbish / life forms. Well apparently life is like coding, nothing's quite as easy as you expect!

Anyway it's been nice relaxing for these weeks. I can even do normal things like browsing around the internet following general interests, rather than having to dedicate all my computer time to LFS related things before my eyes get too tired each day. It's nice being normal, doing things at a relaxed pace and just doing whatever I feel like doing for a while!
lol. i just had a picture go into my head of scawen turning the tap and a flood of water shooting up to the ceiling

just make sure you dont get your computer wet
When you have finished your kitchen, I would like a lot your help for 1 or 2 little works in my bathroom LOL
Quote from Scawen :It's wooden doors under a worktop surface that is a bit blue. But it's a bit hard to get started on the job seeing as I've managed to break the mains tap handle off its stem. It was seized and I had to use a mole wrench to try to gradually move it a bit this way and that but in the end, it just broke off instead of turning. Lesson to learn - DO turn the mains tap off an on at least twice a year or it will eventually seize. So I am investigating the outside mains supply stopcocks as well though one of them seems to be totally seized as well and another one is an unknown distance down a ceramic tube which seems to be full to the brim with an unknown amount of general crap / rubbish / life forms. Well apparently life is like coding, nothing's quite as easy as you expect!

Anyway it's been nice relaxing for these weeks. I can even do normal things like browsing around the internet following general interests, rather than having to dedicate all my computer time to LFS related things before my eyes get too tired each day. It's nice being normal, doing things at a relaxed pace and just doing whatever I feel like doing for a while!

Enjoy your break mate. We understand that you had/have a life outside LFS so take your time and we can just look forward with baited breath for what you come up with next.
Wh00t?
You re not working on LFS but doing uneccessary things to your Kitchen?
STOP THAT!

...you people see, if you dont hear anything, there s just nothing worth to report of yet (which does not mean that working on your Kitchen isnt something worth to report of *G*), although they do work on something
I think those reports are excellent. Okay, so it's not really LFS related, but keeping the community abreast of anything Scawen, Eric and Victor do, be it kitchen improvements, recent parties, or major changes to LFS code.

Thanks for that Scawen. Whilst your post(s) make you seem human, I still regard you as a bit of a God... Hope you don't mind us bowing at your feet in October :P
Now that the LFS crew have gone back to the outside world does this mean Live For Speed will slowly evolve into a sink maintenance sim? It's only a matter of time before we're all exchanging torque wrench setups.
Quote from Scawen :Built a shed recently and bought a worktop and sink to build a new lower part of my kitchen. How exciting - I'm not sure you really wanted to know that!

Well loads of things really, but i'm not going to bore you with them as it's nothing to do with LFS... but just imagine for yourself if you had a house and did *nothing* on it for four years or so, and neglected all parts of your life that didn't need urgent attention, then there would be some jobs to do and things to sort out!

Watch out Scawen, or some people will begin asking for kitchen renovation progress reports
soo... when do we see kitchen racing in lfs?
gonna be in S2 full for sure
Quote from GeForz :soo... when do we see kitchen racing in lfs?

mabey toilet racing will be more fun?

Every person need holidays and so do they LfS developers

Good luck with your house; was it your g/f starting to complain about maintenance?
#45 - tpa
There's not much you can cook with a pizza though, is there?
home improvement
Quote from three_jump :home improvement

*grunts like tim allen*
#49 - tpa
Quote from dUmAsS :*grunts like tim allen*

now we're talking

Attached images
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
ROFL this progess report should be posted on the LFS mainpage
*going to add it in the ZT news*