The online racing simulator
Bid To Beat X Factor 'Karaoke Act' To No 1
#2 - Bean0
Oooooooooo, I hope this works.

Didn't Iron Maiden have an xmas no1 because of a similar sort of campaign back in the 90s ?
Hehehe I was just to start a Facebook page "Get X-Factor to Number 1 just to annoy the We Hate X-Factor at Number 1 Page" and then I saw the song they wanted at number 1.... and fair play that would be freakin' hilarious!
#4 - amp88
"Let's stop one manufactured, sell-out artist from getting to number 1 by buying another manufactured, sell-out artist's music!"

OK, so RATM aren't as bad as the best X Factor could ever hope to produce, but the strongest message that could be sent to the record industry that people are sick of bullshit is for no-one to buy any music. Wonder how popular that would be as a Facebook group.
I wouldn't be too happy about that one myself, since I'll be trying to sell our album come next year

Surely the Children in Need single with all of the kids TV show characters will be the Xmas No 1. Isn't that what usually happens when a stupid puppet releases a song?
I might as well join it. Anything to stop the crappy X-Factor winner getting Christmas number 1
Actually, thinking about it, doesn't Sony own Killing In The Name, and also put out the X-Factor single?

Either way, Sony wins. Oops.
Maybe Sony are behind this campaign It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Clever too
I hope this works too. Killing in the name is a brilliant song imo.
Bought the song yesterday, it was only about 65p!

Get moving!
It would be great to see but 19million watched X Factor. He'll amass around 600,000-700,000 sales at least. Gonna be hard to beat.
I think it has to be over 60p to count in the charts...
40p
Second most downloaded / bought song on iTunes.

The Facebook group is just short of 800k members, it's been on the radio, on lots of online news sites and posted on loads and loads of forums. It stands a pretty decent chance.
RATM is winning at the moment on downloads, but will lose once X Factor release the CD singfe in shops. Still good fun tho lol
While I hope KITNO will reach #1, and if it does I ROFL loudly but even if it doesn't, will be funny to see a 17 year old song in the charts again.
Quote from Greboth :While I hope KITNO will reach #1, and if it does I ROFL loudly but even if it doesn't, will be funny to see a 17 year old song in the charts again.

It will be funnier when they actually have to play the song on the radio, did they ever make a clean version of KITNO?
Now #1 on the iTunes store download.
If it gets to no.1 then great!

BUT.

I'm pretty sure this whole thing is a marketing scam by Sony. They own the rights and gain profit from both of the singles being put up against each other - the only real winner in this is Sony.
This is hardly punk is it? Everybody buying a single that was mass-marketed by the biggest record company in the world.

The campaign should've pushed to promote a young, hard-working band who are doing it because they want to do it. A self-produced record, promoted on a tour in a van that breaks down every other day. Can you imagine any X-Factor contestant finding music so vital that they'd be eager to dedicate themselves to it like that?
Yeah, but no-one would have bought it.
Quote from mcintyrej :If it gets to no.1 then great!

BUT.

I'm pretty sure this whole thing is a marketing scam by Sony. They own the rights and gain profit from both of the singles being put up against each other - the only real winner in this is Sony.

BUT.

If you buy the single to object to x factor Sony get the money so does it matter who started it? I have no problems with Sony getting money for songs and I didn't buy the song so much in objection to x factor more that would be lolz to have it as a christmas number 1.
it's entertaining watching the FB groups go mental every 5 minutes with every little bit of media or non-media coverage.
Quote from Greboth :I didn't buy the song so much in objection to x factor more that would be lolz to have it as a christmas number 1.

Same here, it's just a bit of fun at the end of the day, it's worth the 60p just for the funnies.

Bid To Beat X Factor 'Karaoke Act' To No 1
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG