The online racing simulator
Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Hmm, yeah Brawn is a good point, but still, he won't return.

I doubt it too if I'm honest, but I would love to see him make a return.
#28 - wild
It would be good in quite a few ways for the sport, not too mention the sheer amount of publicity it would bring if he were to make this 'sensational' return.

Personally I've never really been a Schumi fan but I would love to see him make a return, it would just make next year even more eventful.

But somehow I really cannot see it happening, he's too loyal to Ferrari. He wouldn't even drive half the ROC cars nor would he drive the reasonably priced car on Top Gear because they were not Ferrari's .. So that's why I really cannot see it happening.
#29 - MR_B
Quote from JJ72 :Lemme guess.........all hype till season opener then we will all be told his neck isn't alright afterall.

Exactly, they're all magically forgotten his long term injury. Neck injuries don't magically heal fully a few weeks later!

The press/ Eddie Jordan has no memory.
#30 - 5haz
Quote from MR_B :Exactly, they're all magically forgotten his long term injury. Neck injuries don't magically heal fully a few weeks later!

Yes they can, they can be healed instantly by very expensive contract agreements.

Quote from MR_B :Exactly, they're all magically forgotten his long term injury. Neck injuries don't magically heal fully a few weeks later!

The press/ Eddie Jordan has no memory.

of course it may be that when he anounced he was going to stand in for massa, the idea of the mercedes seat was put to him and it became convenient to have a reason not to be seen driving a ferrari F1 car or possibly there is a clause that he cannot drive for another team within so many years of last racing a ferrari to protect information etc so the neck was an "honourable" way of avoiding it, on the other hand his head may be about to fall off
#32 - JCTK
I think some press and people are hoping too much from Schumacher's basically less restrictions/works contract with Ferrari...

Haug did say every now and then in the past decade that he wouldn't mind Michael driving for Merc's team, and it's only natural now that they'd purchased Brawn they'd try to talk him into a come back... but I personally think that Michael will just take a role in FIA alongside Jean Todt, hence he can't be too related with Ferrari.

I just hope FIA won't really turn into "Ferrari International Assistant" if Todt and Schumacher are both having important roles in the FIA...
Quote from wild :But somehow I really cannot see it happening, he's too loyal to Ferrari. He wouldn't even drive half the ROC cars nor would he drive the reasonably priced car on Top Gear because they were not Ferrari's .. So that's why I really cannot see it happening.

He wouldn't or wasn't allowed (contract)?
Willi Weber is quoted as saying discussions took place at the last GP between Schumi and the Daimler boss.

Lots of people talk to lots of other people, of course, but it's not just a wild rumour - people have discussed it.
#35 - wild
Quote from deggis :He wouldn't or wasn't allowed (contract)?

I believe it is just he wouldn't but maybe I'm wrong
Not even Schumi is that passionate.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Don't you mean... The stig? Some say when he drives on an oval, the Stig doesn't turn left... the Earth turns right.

That sounds like a Chuck Norris fact
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Don't you mean... The stig? Some say when he drives on an oval, the Stig doesn't turn left... the Earth turns right.

Calder Park Oval?
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Hmm..this story is getting some life again on aussie news updates for "Sports Tonight" ..generally reliable sport news source and they dont tend to say anything unless there is some truth to it..talk is the deal is being done now, for big $$$

On BBC sport they reported that if Mick were to join Mercedes his salary would be worth something like £7,000,000! Even if I were going to be a backmarker for an entire season, I would take that!
Well the last sum I heard was 3.500.000 Dollar/Euro (don't know which of the two) but money clearly isn't all that important for Schumacher.....he already has a sufficient amount of it

But it seems there is more to it than just 'warm air'.....http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80575
Quote from BBC Sport :
Should he return, Schumacher would go head-to-head with fellow world champions Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso.

That would be awesome, especially if all are going for the champsionship. Not forgetting Massa, Vettel and Webber could be challengers too.

Quote from BBC Sport :Alonso, champion in 2005 and 2006, will spearhead Ferrari's challenge following his move from Renault.

Did someone forget Massa? I know he hasn't won a WDC but hes got so close and definatly is no slouch in a F1 car.
Quote from Greboth :Did someone forget Massa? I know he hasn't won a WDC but hes got so close and definatly is no slouch in a F1 car.

Compared to Alonso, he is.

IMO.
Quote from zeugnimod :Compared to Alonso, he is.

IMO.

Its hard to compare due to them never racing wheel to wheel. A couple years ago I would of agreed but I think Massa has matured alot as a driver and really found his speed. Should be an interesting inter-team battle.

Quote from BlueFlame :http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/2009/12/schumacher-drives-mercedes.html

Eh? I think you did something wrong
Not sure what the article means about him using a TonyKart suit to kart events. That isn't 100%. He uses his own overalls with various relevant badges, and he's worn them for a year or two now. He's has an investment in TonyKart hence why he tapes up the Birel logo on the kart race with Massa in Brazil. It would make sense for him to represent TK if he actually has investment in them.

However, that's irrelevant. Is that picture actually for real?
Quote from Intrepid :
However, that's irrelevant. Is that picture actually for real?

Seems like it's real to me, you see the sun shining on his chest and the shadow of the door on his chest too. Sun light seems real to me too.
So what that he turns up in a Merc? Name one executive saloon that Ferrari have made? If he wants a car to just drive around in comfort ofcourse he will drive another car. Maybe he is joining Mercedes, maybe not but either way I would say him getting out of a Merc is pure coincidence to the situation.

Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG