The online racing simulator
Allow images in signature
(26 posts, started )
Images in your signature should be allowed, but only if the image is less than 10KB. OR, there should be an option too see the image. Because, I made this really cool PHP script, and it displays your LFSW fuel economy. BUT, as you can see, the image doesn't show up in my sig. It only shows up in posts (depending on your user CP options).

Please don't allow images in sigs. They're large enough as it is.
Quote from cannonfodder :Please don't allow images in sigs. They're large enough as it is.

:iagree:
never.. i hate them with a passion
#5 - herki
it would be okay if you could turn it off like the images in posts. think about the poor 56k-people (like me )
Or if allowed...with stric rules - dimentions, size, no gif etc.

Nobody really wants to see huge blinking stupid signature images
I'd rather have avatars back than images in sigs.

But even if we get images in sigs, it MUST come with an option to turn these images off, because that would be the first thing I'd do.
#8 - Renku
NO images in signatures, please!
i dont really see a need for them, and all they do is make the page take longer to load. Just make it a URL.
Another vote against it.
I don't ever see this happening.
Quote from cannonfodder :Please don't allow images in sigs. They're large enough as it is.

+1
We want avatars back
Fine by me, I've disabled signatures and avatars anyway
Quote from Blackout :We want avatars back

Quoted for emphasis.
what does this have to do with LFS?
Its about the "LFS" forum.
#18 - Woz
No no no, I have taken part in forums with them and the pages bloat out and double in length. Ends up a fight to find the text.
No sig images please. Avatars are handy though. Any word from Vic for if/when they will be coming back?
Like I said, it should be optional. The default option would be to hide the sig images.
lol then everyone would just turn it off

cause no one wants to download pictures however large or small..
Images in sigs would be cool. It adds color to the place. But there should be an option for users to disable the viewing of them, if they don't want to see them, and/or a filesize limit, cause sometimes it takes time to load. But I'm for it, as long as there is some alternating to arrange.

Some peoples's sigs are big enough as it is
Webbugs are baaad... mmmkaaaaay

80% of my Firefox adblock filters consists of those damn "sig bars"! Personally I wish forums had "standards" / unwritten agreements like Usenet... 4 lines maxumum of plain text.. too many people have sigs that are at least double the size of their post! but dynamic images are a huge nono.. amazing how much statistical info on people you can gather from these

Just my £0.03 worth anyway.

Regards,

Ian
Like I just said in the other thread just like this one, kinda pointless. I'd prefer faster loading times than fancy looking sigs/avatars.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG