The online racing simulator
Massive erection at Alton Towers
(35 posts, started )
#1 - TiJay
Excuse the immature title! So...

Alton Towers have started building the world's most terrifying rollercoaster, named Thirteen. Apparently it's so scary you need to be 16-55 and sign a form promising not to sue if you get freaked out by it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/t ... choaster-115875-21889607/

http://www.altontowers.com/2010/

Load of marketing carp, or something completely new after the recent "my ride is faster from 0-60 or has a bigger vertical drop than yours" war between Alton Towers and Thorpe Park with Oblivion, SAW, Rita and Stealth?
I expected to see a giant penis when I read this title.
WTH at the pics

I ain't going on that
Wish I had such a roller coaster near my home. Would be kickass
So its a "scary" ride that goes through a "mystical" "scary" forest to add more "scary" to the "scary"?

Sounds crap to me....
#6 - TiJay
Yeah, it doesn't actually look that scary. It's just a normal coaster in the forest, but I'm sure with all the themeing and queue line stuff it'll be a scary experience.
Looks like it's going to be a hard ride, at least they have that metal rod slapped against their chest for protection
#8 - TiJay
I think the pic on the Mirror site is from AIR or some other coaster, not Thirteen.
Quote from TiJay :I think the pic on the Mirror site is from AIR or some other coaster, not Thirteen.

looks like the ride in blackpool pleasure beach
Infusion is its name im thinking of

this
I haven't been on a rollercoaster that scared me. Most barely keep me awake. There is something dull about knowing you're actually perfectly safe.

Having said that, I still go on them if the queues are sensible. I went on Nemesis when it opened at Alton Towers, and queued for about and hour and a half. Yet the ride was only useful to insomniacs.
Have you tried Oblivion? That was something different as falling face first towards the ground is the weirdest feeling ever. Rita has some nice G forces in the corners as well, not sure how they compare to driving a single seater though
Quote from DevilDare :So its a "scary" ride that goes through a "mystical" "scary" forest to add more "scary" to the "scary"?

Sounds crap to me....

HAHA sig material this
meh
reminds me that i need to convince a friend of mine to finally go about doing his aerobatic pilot licence so we can have some real fun
Quote from Shotglass :reminds me that i need to convince a friend of mine to finally go about doing his aerobatic pilot licence so we can have some real fun

Like this?
you can't beat a "woodie" for fun (EDIT: maybe not te best choice of word gven the thread title), metal ones are just too smooth a ride.

sadly i can't use any of them these days, my inner ear plays up, the last time i went to blackpool i was struggling to stay balanced after going on the old roundabout and the rocket ride by the entrance actually put my balance so far out that i had to hold onto something for a good 5 mins after so i daren't risk anything good. i must be one of a few people who find the idea of walking after a ride more terrifying than the ride itself.
Just get wheelchaired between all the rides.
Quote from Bose321 :I expected to see a giant penis when I read this title.

And yet you still clicked on it, what does that say about you? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Thank God they finally got rid of the old Corkscrew ride. That was the roughest and most boring ride I have ever been on. The teacups are more exciting and a lot more comfortable too! The new ride doesn't look that scary though to be honest. Seems like a typical PR stunt from AT. I would still give it a go if I were given the chance though.
I'm surprised at the rollercoaster-hating in this thread, I'd have thought people on here would have loved them. I do.
The first coaster I ever went on was Air at Alton Towers. Brilliant ride on a warm clear day, purely for the fact that it's so relaxing. I could sleep on that one.

Then we went straight for Oblivion, which was awesome. Irrelevant of the fact that you know it's safe, plunging into that hole is scary. Although I was thinking more about decapitation than what might be in the dark

While not a rollercoaster, Hex is kind of cool. Really good at confusing the senses, although I recommend not carrying anything that hangs since that spoils the effect. I had a carrier bag full of food which obviously always hung straight down
#23 - 5haz
Quote from Dajmin :although I recommend not carrying anything that hangs since that spoils the effect.

That and you'll probrably be arrested.
Quote from 5haz :That and you'll probrably be arrested.

That's okay, the Hex ride is all about massive wood
Quote from Dajmin :The first coaster I ever went on was Air at Alton Towers. Brilliant ride on a warm clear day, purely for the fact that it's so relaxing. I could sleep on that one.

Then we went straight for Oblivion, which was awesome. Irrelevant of the fact that you know it's safe, plunging into that hole is scary. Although I was thinking more about decapitation than what might be in the dark

While not a rollercoaster, Hex is kind of cool. Really good at confusing the senses, although I recommend not carrying anything that hangs since that spoils the effect. I had a carrier bag full of food which obviously always hung straight down

Air is a great ride but it's not for people looking for the biggest adrenaline pumping ride. Like you say, I think it is quite a relaxing ride. Worth waiting in line for nonetheless. I rode nemesis 6 times when I last went. That's a great ride. It goes so close to the walls and to the floor. It gathers speed so easily, the first drop isn't even that steep!

Oblivion was ok but it was just too short. I liked the feeling of freefall and it was interesting since it is quite a unique ride but waiting in line for about 3 seconds of excitement didn't really do it for me.

I didn't actually understand Hex when I first went on it. I actually thought I was going upside down... I didn't realise it was an illusion. I wondered why I wasn't falling out with only a lap bar and the blood wasn't rushing to my head.

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG