The online racing simulator
Do you enjoy jogging/running?
(72 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :I ran downstairs to get the phone just now, won't be doing that again!

Congrats to you. At our age, I would have had to take a breather halfway down the steps...
Enjoy it?, hmmm.....not sure I'd say I "enjoy" it, I get satisfaction from it.

Currently run around 25-30 miles a week, just completed my 2nd Half marathon in 2 months.

Run pretty much the same routes, like my weekly 15 mile long run is the same route, although I do reverse it sometimes, likewise my shorter routes.
Like said before, start missing my pc.
+
I am scared of getting tired ;D
it is a fallacy to think that jogging can keep you young
if you for example jog 30 minutes a day at 10kmh (so 5km a day) every single day for 20 years compared to someone who spends that time in front of the tv you gain a whole 3 billionth of a second in time dilation on the fat **** whos enjoying himself with snacks and action movies on the screen
absolutely not worth it
Who said it keeps you young?, you've got more chance of a longer life keeping fit and active than you have being a heart attack waiting to happen.

If people are happy being a fat **** sitting in front of the TV/PC all day thats up to them.
Quote from mrodgers :Congrats to you. At our age, I would have had to take a breather halfway down the steps...

I think he meant to, but slipped, and fell the second half. But as it was a running speed, it counts as running!
I don't run, but I cycle around 70 miles a week, mostly to work and back.

Because cycling uses different muscles to running, and it's a smooth action compared to the thump-thump of footfalls, I find that if I try to run I last about 100m before I'm out of breath and have agonising leg-cramps, even though I can ride for hours without needing a rest.
Don't enjoy running, don't usually run over a couple of kilometers, but I love doing 50km+ roundtrips on my bike
I enjoy walking though. Gets my mind off the stressful stuff.
Quote from aroX123 :Like said before, start missing my pc.
+
I am scared of getting tired ;D

Pussy.

Are you serious or just being sarcastic?
Quote from Crashgate3 :I don't run, but I cycle around 70 miles a week, mostly to work and back.

Because cycling uses different muscles to running, and it's a smooth action compared to the thump-thump of footfalls, I find that if I try to run I last about 100m before I'm out of breath and have agonising leg-cramps, even though I can ride for hours without needing a rest.

Hard to believe how can you cycle 70miles and lose the breath running 100m ...since both are excelent aerobic exercices.

I run an average of 7km day on the treadmill (from monday to friday), 1km at every 5m .
Quote from fujiwara :Hard to believe how can you cycle 70miles and lose the breath running 100m

Most non-runners have no idea how to pace out a run, and as such end up running far too fast and wondering why they burn out after 100m.
Exactly - I'm far too impatient to run at a sensible speed. Give me my bike anyday
I've been doing some Tri/Dualathon training, running 5K, biking 30k then running 5k, its a really strange feeling biking after running hard to 5k, and then running after biking 30k.

Your legs really don't like changing from running to biking and vice versa!!!!
I like jogging. I used to run my 2km track (my lungs cant handle more, because they're somewhat smaller, than they should be) in summer. But now i'm just doing passive sports, because in winter i can't breathe after few hundred meters.
I also have to add that when I first saw this thread, I read it as 'Do you enjoy Dogging?'
Quote from danowat :Who said it keeps you young?, you've got more chance of a longer life keeping fit and active than you have being a heart attack waiting to happen.

If people are happy being a fat **** sitting in front of the TV/PC all day thats up to them.

congrats for enntirely missing the joke
There was a joke?
Yes Dan, the rare German joke. Like a lost lion, it roams around wondering where it's pack is, but realizes that they have all been captured and sent away.
Quote from danowat :Most non-runners have no idea how to pace out a run, and as such end up running far too fast and wondering why they burn out after 100m.

I agree.

Alot of people tend to start out way too fast and end up stopping in such a short distance. Or run too slow they don't get much out of the time that's spared.

A good jogging pace should be about 9-11 minute miles.
A good running pace should be about 6-8 minute miles.

Alot of people seem to complain about their knees. Try and squat down about ten times before running and warm the knees up. Also extend your legs further out, this will help for sure.

I also heard the mentioning of leg cramps, if you're having trouble with calves cramping or your thighs.

If it's your calves, i'd say it's most likely not the over exertion. There are a number of reasons why they can get cramped up quickly.

if it's your thighs that cramp in such a short time, you're either running too fast or maybe need to shorten your stride.
Quote from runeman :I agree.

Alot of people tend to start out way too fast and end up stopping in such a short distance. Or run too slow they don't get much out of the time that's spared.

A good jogging pace should be about 9-11 minute miles.
A good running pace should be about 6-8 minute miles.

Alot of people seem to complain about their knees. Try and squat down about ten times before running and warm the knees up. Also extend your legs further out, this will help for sure.

I also heard the mentioning of leg cramps, if you're having trouble with calves cramping or your thighs.

If it's your calves, i'd say it's most likely not the over exertion. There are a number of reasons why they can get cramped up quickly.

if it's your thighs that cramp in such a short time, you're either running too fast or maybe need to shorten your stride.

Every time I try to run, I get a really bad stitch/cramp in my lower abdomen area on my right side. People say you just have to work yourself through it and it happens to everyone, but it's really agonizing for me and I have to stop.

Also I got "runner's knee" (ironic since I don't run often) and have to do like 10 minutes of knee-stretching before doing anything heavy in movement.
Quote from MijnWraak :Every time I try to run, I get a really bad stitch/cramp in my lower abdomen area on my right side. People say you just have to work yourself through it and it happens to everyone, but it's really agonizing for me and I have to stop.

Also I got "runner's knee" (ironic since I don't run often) and have to do like 10 minutes of knee-stretching before doing anything heavy in movement.

Stich = breathing too shallow and too fast, breath slower and deeper, if you can't, means you are running too fast.

Knee = Improper footwear, you may have a biomechanic defect (over or underpronation) that needs correcting by proper running shoes.
Quote from MijnWraak :Every time I try to run, I get a really bad stitch/cramp in my lower abdomen area on my right side. People say you just have to work yourself through it and it happens to everyone, but it's really agonizing for me and I have to stop.

My brother had a "runner's knee" and it had todo with weak thighs and proper technique.. he fixed that by doing a common exercise known as lunges, after a few weeks he was able to run with slight discomfort. He was more or less running flat footed. Try and run on the balls and toes of your feet. Also try and lengthen your stride, this maybe will help take the stress of them in a way that's needed.
Thanks, guys, I'll try your suggestions, but FWIW, I'm not one of those people that go their whole lives trying to strengthen their muscles for physical activity; hence why play LFS

At least I'm not fat
Well, if you want to live longer and get a better taste of life... Staying in shape does help wraak.
Quote from runeman :Well, if you want to live longer and get a better taste of life... Staying in shape does help wraak.

I'll stay fit by biking and walking

Do you enjoy jogging/running?
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG