The online racing simulator
Live for Speed S2, version Z28
(188 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Victor :We've done a lot of research into reasons why that could happen but we could only conclude that either your router or ISP is having problem routing UDP packets. Some ISP's seem to block really tiny UDP packets for example. Others just don't like UDP at all, albeit temporary usually.

I don't know about this. We have a 0.5Z13 dedicated host running that started complaining about that "host didn't receive UDP packet" starting last wednesday. Maybe something happened prior to that day that changed something. I don't know if we used the server on the couple of days before that wednesdey, but since that day we can't join our server and I have to set my own dedicated server. I am pretty sure that nothing has changed on the host side and that this may have something to do with the latest client side patches. Of course, I may be wrong.

I haven't been able to contact our host guy lately to update it to the latest version, maybe that would fix it.

EDIT: I forgot to add that we had been using that server during the last weeks without any problem. My last race on that server was on november 12th.
Quote from Scawen :I've removed your posts because they are basically spam - this is not a ranting thread.

I haven't ranted sir. Actually in all the posts I made, about 6 of them I said that the link association (LFS didn't work properly. LFS wouldn't start even though I clicked the link. Will you please take some extra time to look into it as I can't be the only person the installer didn't work for?

And fine, since every single page of the installation program is either grammatically wrong or just plainly wrong, here: This is how the translation should look like.

Quote :
Ohjelma päivittää Live for Speed -asennuksen versioon 0.5z28.

Paina "Seuraava" jatkaaksesi.

Quote :
Valitse päivityksen kohdekansio
Valitse kansio johon Live for Speed on asennettu.

[Tällä sivulla sinun tulee valita kansio missä Live for Speed sijaitsee.] -This is a completely useless line, and I can't even correct it since almost every word is wrong. Remove it please.

Käytä selaa-nappia valitaksesi kansion - again a completely useless line since the user will either know what to do or not understand anything. I'd remove it.

Kohdekansio

Quote :
Pikakuvakkeet ja tiedostokytkennät

Lisää

[] pikakuvake työpöydälle
[] kohde Käynnistä-valikkoon.

Liitä seuraavat tiedostopäätteet:
[] SPR (LFS-yksinpeliuusinta)
[] MPR (LFS-moninpeliuusinta)
[] SET (Auton säädöt)
[] LYT (Autoslalomrata)
[] LFS:// (Liity peliin internet-linkin avulla)

Quote :
Viimeistellään ohjelman LFS asennusta

Live for Speed -asennus [insert path here] on päivitetty versioon 0.5z28.

EDIT: Don't worry, it was my firewall blocking UDP, oops.
Quote from hyntty :I can't be the only person the installer didn't work for?

And fine, since every single page of the installation program is either grammatically wrong or just plainly wrong, here:

If you are not able to translate your own native language, you try maybe another one ? English or chinese?

Tällä sivulla sinun tulee valita kansio missä Live for Speed sijaitsee.
To choose the Lfs folder, for the installation is useless for you ?
I get it ,why you are the only person the installer didn't work for

Quote :What would be helpful is if you quoted the poorly translated lines and suggested an alternative.

Or if you can translate it so it is totally correct, then why not message one of the devs with your translation, so it can be included in future updates?
Because he would rather rant nonsensically
Quote from Scawen :Reduced minimum view height in SHIFT+U mode
Reduced minimum speed in SHIFT+U mode to 0.1 m/s

THANK YOU! FROM ALL MY HEART! You've just taken the best damn camera controls for filming and improved them. This is close to perfection for LFS Movie makers now
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty : I cba to explain
Quote from hyntty :I haven't ranted sir.

You were quite abusive, including swearing at us and about things, which doesn't help.

Quote from hyntty :And fine, since every single page of the installation program is either grammatically wrong or just plainly wrong, here: This is how the translation should look like.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think it would be best to discuss it on the existing Finnish translation thread :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53644

Maybe you could paste your suggested text over there and see if the Finnish translators agree with you.
Quote from zeromussov :I saved the replay. Strange bug indeed... Also happends in the replay

(cutted the replay because it was to big to post it here, still you'll have to FF to like 24m 45s).

Tell me if it doesn't work or need the full one. (since mpredit sucks a bit here)

Thank you for that, the replay allowed me to catch this in the debugger. It turned out to be a "divide by zero" error due to an incorrect assumption in some code that would be run when someone's car was reset from an out of bounds position. It's fixed in my version now.

The replay also showed up something else that could cause a floating point error when a car's path position is wrong. So there is now a good safe check there as well.

By the way, the bug was not new in Z28 - it must have been there for years waiting to happen. Probably has come up a few times. It's most likely at South City because the bug would only come up during an out of bound reset where a barrier meets the driveable area of the track.
Quote from Scawen :Thank you for that, the replay allowed me to catch this in the debugger. It turned out to be a "divide by zero" error due to an incorrect assumption in some code that would be run when someone's car was reset from an out of bounds position. It's fixed in my version now.

The replay also showed up something else that could cause a floating point error when a car's path position is wrong. So there is now a good safe check there as well.

By the way, the bug was not new in Z28 - it must have been there for years waiting to happen. Probably has come up a few times. It's most likely at South City because the bug would only come up during an out of bound reset where a barrier meets the driveable area of the track.

Scav, if You turn some car on the roof, and camera will be on his left or right side - wheel on second side will be without rims. I will post a screen later.
Quote from Gudowski :Scav, if You turn some car on the roof, and camera will be on his left or right side - wheel on second side will be without rims. I will post a screen later.

This is not a bug, plus it has been reported many times before.
Quote from Gudowski :Scav, if You turn some car on the roof, and camera will be on his left or right side - wheel on second side will be without rims. I will post a screen later.

No need, everyone knows what you mean. It's not a bug, it's optimisation
mkay i not saw it even before ;p
I suddenly can't see any Z28 servers in the server list anymore. Everytime, I try to connect to one, it says that "the server didn't receive any UDP packets".

I should say that I still used Z25 up until 90 minutes ago. Then, the problem first appeared and I upgraded to Z28 because I thought it had something to do with it. But apparently not. At first, I could join a Z28 server and stayed there for about 30 minutes. Then, everybody started to lag for me (and I started to lag for everybody else). I tried to leave the server and reconnect but couldn't and got the above message.

Help. :sadbanana
Quote from zeugnimod :I suddenly can't see any Z28 servers in the server list anymore. Everytime, I try to connect to one, it says that "the server didn't receive any UDP packets".

I should say that I still used Z25 up until 90 minutes ago. Then, the problem first appeared and I upgraded to Z28 because I thought it had something to do with it. But apparently not. At first, I could join a Z28 server and stayed there for about 30 minutes. Then, everybody started to lag for me (and I started to lag for everybody else). I tried to leave the server and reconnect but couldn't and got the above message.

Help. :sadbanana

Replay of the above race. Basically, [I think] z's packets were all getting to the server/us, apart from the position ones. As you can see, he got fastest lap with about 100s lag!
Attached files
magic z.mpr - 446 KB - 264 views
-
(AndroidXP) DELETED by AndroidXP
Thx for the overwhelming amount of help, everyone.

It seems to have fixed itself. I tried it just now and I can see all servers.
Hi,
I've updated to Z28 and I can't watch single player replays, even those recently saved. I've tryed to download some replays from lfsw, but not even one works. It's the same - replay starts, after a few seconds of normal run I got "OOS error" (or something like that, you know). Any solution? Thanks
Turn off any mods? It must be something on your end that alters the physics, as Z28 is working well for everyone else in that regard.

If you're not using any mods, try reinstalling LFS to a different location and rebooting your PC. Maybe something's gone awry.
Quote from AndroidXP :Turn off any mods? It must be something on your end that alters the physics, as Z28 is working well for everyone else in that regard.

If you're not using any mods, try reinstalling LFS to a different location and rebooting your PC. Maybe something's gone awry.

Tryed both, didn't work. Really don't know where's the problem, it was ok on previous versions.
I am having problems with Z28.
Tried installing to a few different destinations (Desktop, my documents and program files). LFS starts..... eventually, everything about it is soooo slow. Max fps is about 15/20. I am using exact same settings as Z25/26 (which works perfectly).

Is there anything profoundly different with Z28? The settings I use between Z25/26 are exactly the same, its quite annoying as I used an unlock token on it.

I am using Windows 7 ultimate 32bit, 1.76mhz 2gig ram and ati radeon
i got a problem to, now fps is limited to 59.9fps.. i dont know why. before it was around 200-400 fps.

3Ghz
and ATI radeon hd 4870 graphic
Quote from gatebil94 :i got a problem to, now fps is limited to 59.9fps.. i dont know why. before it was around 200-400 fps.

3Ghz
and ATI radeon hd 4870 graphic

Maybe "vsync" is on. If it is, turn it off.
works now was the "vsync" im blind
Why not drive it with vsync on? I do it, it works great.
Maybe its just me but i dont see the effects of vsync, its like without
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z28
(188 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG