The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you think guest teams should remain in GTAL?

No
Yes
Don't be a numpty. They can do no good in your eyes because if they win then they're obviously too good and shouldn't be there but if they fail then they shouldn't be there either because they're denying another team getting in (despite 28 being the maximum anyway).
hm hm hm hm

Boothy understands me.
Quote from CSF :This is an NDR event why should they listen to the poll?

Indeed. Why should we listen to you?
Quote from hyntty :Indeed. Why should we listen to you?

Because I paypal donated to you ?
Ahhh, so you are trying to pay your way into changing things around.
Quote from GianniC :Exactly! So what are they actually contributing besides DENYING another amateur team of participating in this great experience and well run league ?!

Please tell me you're being dense on purpose... please...

They're up there running with the top GTAL guys showing them how a MoE/IGTC team acts in close racing. This is much better for everyone than having another team 4 laps down.
Quote from pik_d :Please tell me you're being dense on purpose... please...

They're up there running with the top GTAL guys showing them how a MoE/IGTC team acts in close racing. This is much better for everyone than having another team 4 laps down.

TEM who got 6th in the test-race wasnt 4 laps down and is on the waiting list for example :P
Quote from Tomhah :TEM who got 6th in the test-race wasnt 4 laps down and is on the waiting list for example :P

Yes, but I think some of the reason they didn't get in is because at the time a few of their members were in SRLT. I could be wrong though. I would hazard a guess that they wouldn't have gotten in even if there was no guest-spot due to those circumstances.
Quote from Humbleridderen :+1

I think the best way the "pro´s" can help is during the practice. Helping as many teams they can to be faster. .....

some "pro's" would much rather come to a server to prove a point and say, "look i can do it, you're just slow" instead of offering any kind of help to a sub-par team in the spirit of competition.

pretty disrespectful if ya ask me.....
Quote from z-ro 8 :some "pro's" would much rather come to a server to prove a point and say, "look i can do it, you're just slow" instead of offering any kind of help to a sub-par team in the spirit of competition.

If people asked for some help, they would get it.

I think a sand removal kit is needed for a lot of people here.
Quote from z-ro 8 :some "pro's" would much rather come to a server to prove a point and say, "look i can do it, you're just slow" instead of offering any kind of help to a sub-par team in the spirit of competition.

I'm not even all that fast and I'm somehow insulted by this comment. Pull your head out of your ass if you really think that the so-called aliens are jerks who want to show-boat in front of the little guys. Maybe there are "some" but in my 80k miles of LFS I haven't seen any.

My3id isn't even using their all-star team (they explained hugo is backup), and neither did spdo. Have you bothered asking any of the good teams for help? PMD said he did some laps in the FXR, has it even dawned on you to ask him for suggestions on how to get up to his pace?

In my personal experience the really fast guys are more than happy to help slower people. I've personally had several guys from spdo, nfinity, Sonicrealms, CoRe, EER, F1RST and possibly more that I'm forgetting help me out when all I've done is ask (not all of this was for GTAL). Some merely provided me with sets, but some guys (picking out Sonicrealms' junkan and nfinity's [DUcK] as the best examples) have taken the time to tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can improve. Hell, I've even got a set or two from Mr. "go die in a fire" scipy simply because I was on the same server practicing and asked him.

I think there's only a handful of guys, if any, who would show up and rub a win in everyone's face. They drive to win and have fun just like everyone else, they just happen to regularly drive in a league that's known for its quick drivers. I think you're just preemptively butthurt about getting lapped by someone who "shouldn't be in the league."

I don't care if MoE drivers or the one-armed five-year-old down the street are lapping quicker than I am, I'm obviously doing something wrong in either case and I take that experience to heart. Quit being offended by nothing.
Quote from pik_d :Hell, I've even got a set or two from Mr. "go die in a fire" scipy simply because I was on the same server practicing and asked him.

Thau shall not use the Lord's name in vain.
I believe in God and I believe in scipy !
Quote from scipy :Thau shall not use the Lord's name in vain.

Strike not me down oh Lord, I was simply trying to prove a point. :sorry:
Quote from pik_d :Strike not me down oh Lord, I was simply trying to prove a point. :sorry:

#68 - Dmt
i dont talk "with my head in my ass" and don't make statements on assumptions, only facts.

if you weren't there, you don't know.
simple as that.
Quote from z-ro 8 :i dont talk "with my head in my ass" and don't make statements on assumptions, only facts.

simple as that.

I just went back and read all your posts in this thread and didn't find a single one of these so-called "facts" you speak of.

If you'll notice, I use plenty of "facts" in my arguments, ranging from the fact that people have helped me when I asked to the fact that not all of the MoE teams have won the races they entered and the fact that they don't just use their star drivers.
Quote from z-ro 8 :i dont talk "with my head in my ass" and don't make statements on assumptions, only facts.

simple as that.

I'm guessing the "fact" is that you had a bad experience with one or two people and have generalized it to every last driver that could be invited as a guest. Bitter much?
FINAL WARNING !

If you cannot keep this discussion civilized and resort to personal attacks, your post WILL be deleted and you WILL be placed on 6 months NDR probation for unsporting behaviour.

Final Warning.

Clean it up - talk about benefits/drawbacks of guest teams - not about who has the biggest ego or this that and the other. TALK ABOUT THE TOPIC, NOT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PART OF THE TOPIC.

d
-
(z-ro 8) DELETED by z-ro 8
Quote from MoMo92i :I don't understand that topic...indeed one more car could be nice for the show but guest team creat a kind of new motivation i think.

Let me explain what i want to say. Last year when i was not yet racing in moe i was more motivated by beating these moe drivers than winning the 'gtal race'. And if you check last year result, you can see that fluid beat core at bl1r, eteam beat spdo at so and low racing is the only guest team who won a gtal race and it wasn't easy for them! isn't it more motivating to race against moe drivers to show them that you aren't so amateur?

Maybe this is what enable raptor, fluid, eer and eteam to be this year in moe because they have shown that they can beat moe teams in one race.

Regards.

I have read through the whole post and this is the post which stands out for me in particular, the reason being the results themselves just do not add up.

The flipside :

It does seem clear from this post that the main reason the GTAL teams have a good record against MOE teams is simple basics as in Practice, Preparation and Motivation as found in nearly all leagues within LFS, I cannot personally see an MOE team putting in the same amount of effort into a GTAL round as they would do for an MOE round - hence the results to date.

I am not faulting any MOE team over this as I believe it's just human nature regarding motivation and a time management issue when the two series are running simultaneously infact the MOE team has more to lose than to gain by taking up the offer to race as has been shown by the results.

I look around at the driver names competing in GTAL and most drivers are not new to LFS as most have at least a couple of years experience but it's good to have leagues such as GTAL and IGTC which we as seasoned racers can hone our skills to attain and strive to gaining MOE standards as has been shown so early within this season

As for my personal opinion on guest teams I would have to conclude their participation has a minimal effect within the league itself.

RSR Celtic100.
Quote from dekojester :FINAL WARNING !

If you cannot keep this discussion civilized and resort to personal attacks, your post WILL be deleted and you WILL be placed on 6 months NDR probation for unsporting behaviour.

Final Warning.

Clean it up - talk about benefits/drawbacks of guest teams - not about who has the biggest ego or this that and the other. TALK ABOUT THE TOPIC, NOT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PART OF THE TOPIC.

d

lol
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG