The online racing simulator
Re-mapping LFSstrobe?
(22 posts, started )
Re-mapping LFSstrobe?
I am using LFS strobe, and I think it's the best mod for lights and sirens. But, its annoying at NumLock. Would it be possible to change it to use ScrollLock? Or would the developers of LFSstrobe have to change the button in the source?

Much thanks,
Rob
What I know is I think you can change the keys yourself. I tried it myself when the NumLock is pressed the ingame gives an annoying noise.
#3 - Tommy
"The developers of LFSstrobe" sounds cool

I made LFSstrobe in few hours just to be able to type while having sirens on during cops and robbers game.
I will add an option to choose which "state key" triggers strobes as soon as I get home.

btw. Why NumLock is annoying? I didn't have any problems using it nor any noises (sound-speaker squeak?)... Could someone describe what is happening?
Quote from Tommy :"The developers of LFSstrobe" sounds cool

I made LFSstrobe in few hours just to be able to type while having sirens on during cops and robbers game.
I will add an option to choose which "state key" triggers strobes as soon as I get home.

btw. Why NumLock is annoying? I didn't have any problems using it nor any noises (sound-speaker squeak?)... Could someone describe what is happening?

Don't forget if you want to actually use the numpad, you cannot.

Also - if someone has a laptop, and its toggled, they can't use half of their keyboard. .

A button that makes no differnce would be better, something like "pause" or "break" or "print screen" would be a better choice!
My strobe program.
yeah. I have a problem with num lock. I can't type any messages like this:

yeah. 5 have a *r6b3e0 w5th n40 36c2. 5 cant ty*e any 0essages 352e th5s
Quote from highbridge :Here is my strobe program.

http://whrt.jpn.ch/~lfs/data/software/StrobeLightMOD.zip

Shortcut key is Alt+G. (Strobe On/Off)
Also, can re-define flash pattern by strobe.ini.

Can it not be made user-definable? The problem with NumLock is that if I am chasing someone, and catch them, I turn it off. When I type the fine, it appears "Fine is - " becuase I use NumPad for numbers. IMO ScrollLock would be much better. But Alt + G is definatley an improvment!

Couldn't the pattern be re-defined before? It was really easy to use the program to make a new one.
#8 - Tommy
New ver with selectable state keys ready http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~tsul ... _strobe/LfsStrobe.1.1.exe

I will have to leave the "state keys" as trigger to set the program running - mostly because its easier I dont have to scan for any key pressed - just read its state when i want to, keyboard hardware does the rest (and its instant).
Some time ago there was "emergency service" program for lfs that had 500ms key scan, so u had to press shift + smth for half a second to be sure that the trigger was set. With state keys (*lock) you have the comfort that it will always start up.

@JO53PHS that is definitively numlock & laptop keyboard problem - should go away when switching to scroll-lock etc.
Dude, you realise that in another random thread about this app it had ~700 downloads? Thanks for a great Application.

In the same thread (which got highjacked by a cracker and locked) I posted a question. Maybe you never saw it. But if you could shed any light, it would be appreciated:

Q1:
How can you make LfsStrobe automatically load a predefined sequence file? I mean, I've tried adding it as a parameter/switch when starting the program. Does it support this function?

I tried running these from inside the LfsStrobe folder:
Code:
C:\...\LfsStrobe.exe /STROBE.txt
C:\...\LfsStrobe.exe -STROBE.txt

Neither works. Not even through a batch file or shortcut. Any ideas?

Q2:
And I would like to know how to enable Horn by default and perhaps define the default key trigger choice. If none of this is possible, well,... I'll accept that. I'm just looking to make it open more seemlesssly when I get it to autoexec from LFS.

Thanks again. Great App. Looking forward to trying out this new release.

edit: haha. Use Caps Lock.... good excuse to YELL and SHOUT at everyone. I think ppl are missing the point that he uses those keys because they engage the lights on the keyboard when in use and they also use a toggled state to decide if they are OFF or ON, cleaver stuff.
Q1: I didn't implement this feature because, like I said before, I wanted to write it as fast as possible = the easiest way. Its no prob to add such feature

Q2: I have added horn after some time, and since some ppl did make their own strobe files, there would be some compatibility issue to save horn switch there.

Edit: I found a simple solution. I will add both things tonight
I jst remembered this, I meant to say it in my earlier porst. Could it be made possible to turn horn on/off without turning NumLock (or new key) on/off? Reason is, when in a chase, I need horn on. But when I've busted someone, I just want flashing lights on to warn traffic. It's not a very important thing, just a minor detail I forgot to mention Cheers!
Done took me longer than I thought http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~tsul ... _strobe/LfsStrobe.1.2.exe

- select if *lock keys state should be on or off to trigger loop
- tag UseHorn using "modifier keys" - Shift, Ctrl, Alt (1 option to choose). Scan interval for this keys is 50/500 - once triggered, thread waits 500ms and starts scanning those keys in 50ms interval (quick enough for instant response and on the same way it won't double-switch when key is longer pressed)
- every checkbox and radiobutton is saved now in strobe file. There shouldn't be any compatibility issues loading files from both versions on 1.0 and 1.2
- loading files from command line - just drop strobe file over .exe icon and it will load at start, as for command line just give path to strobe file in first argument

I didn't test it long, but there shouldn't be any major bugs
happy using
Excellent, me like very much

Cheers mate!
Why limit LFS Strobe to lights?
I was just fiddling around with lfs strobe and i changed my accelerate key to 'K' and programmed LFS strobe so the car could accelerate on its own...

Why couldn't i program lfs strobe to make the car do whole laps of tracks?

I suppose i could program in gear changes as well. Is there anything that would stop me from making cars that drive themselves?

Has anyone had this idea before?
You could do it but any slight error could end up with ending on barricade... to do AI for ur car u need to have at least the position to trigger left/right.
But such thing is possible: insim (position, heading, speed etc) + key stroke emulator = autopilot
Could be quite helpfull on cruise servers
So far ive managed to program lfs strobe to drive my XFG to the first corner of Fern Bay Club, and it gets round the corner quite nicely, no where near race pace, but still quite a good speed. I need to work on the corner exit because at the moment the cars swerving all over the place.

Not so sure about cruise servers. If the auto driving car gets knocked off course by somebody then it will go on a rampage of destruction untill the person running the auto driving car realises its gone off course. But could be good for traffic and so on.
hey I've been trying to use your strobe file, but every time I turn it on, my view stars zooming in and I cant stop it from doing that...could you plz tell me if im doing something wrong...could it be because im using Vista, or is the program meant to do that? I just don't know what's wrong
Quote from Darkstar07 :hey I've been trying to use your strobe file, but every time I turn it on, my view stars zooming in and I cant stop it from doing that...could you plz tell me if im doing something wrong...could it be because im using Vista, or is the program meant to do that? I just don't know what's wrong

Check your key binds - if pressing certain key changes your fov, bind it to other1. Vista is 100% .Net compatible so that shouldn't be the issue.
Link is broken, does anybody got the program and could mail it to me with strobe- and sirens-layouts?

I had it before but i lost it...

Re-mapping LFSstrobe?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG