The online racing simulator
Quote from gil07 :are you seriously arguing about this? If you chose fxr, you get the slower, easy to drive car. Pick one of the others, then you need skill to drive it fast. If you don't have that skill, you drive fxr and try to be consistent. Simples.

+1
#52 - arco
Quote from Tomhah :there's no "might", IT IS competive at SO :P And Arco, if you wanna drive FXR, sign up for iTCC!

Nah, haven't really been driving it for ages, so I'm just as a slow poke in it now as in the other GT cars.
Honestly, I don't really understand why restriction are being discussed in the middle of the season. We are all mature guys(at least, I hope so), and by signing-in with a specific car we all knew that we had to accept that this car could be slower/faster than the other ones on some tracks. It's simple as that.

If you feel that you'll be slower at R2(and I know the feeling, since I was on FXR last season too), just wait for a RWD-unfriendly track... SO4R ie
Mister humbleridderen... I'll be honoured to drive the FXR, to show you that its not the car, but the drivers. Too bad we chose FZR... I will gladly practise for one of the GTAL rounds with the FXR! The FXR also shouldnt be as fast because IT IS easy to drive on the limit. And yes, I do drive it on the limit... If I didnt, I wouldnt had the 2nd fastest lap last year at SO, only beaten by spdo. And yes, I do know that SO is the best track for FXR, but I was a slow ass back then :P Seariously... FXR is competitive enough.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Honestly, I don't really understand why restriction are being discussed in the middle of the season. We are all mature guys(at least, I hope so), and by signing-in with a specific car we all knew that we had to accept that this car could be slower/faster than the other ones on some tracks. It's simple as that.

Every time I look back at this thread and see the butthurt FXR argument dragging on, I'm going to re-quote this post.
Omg fxr serious biznusss!
Just ran 10 laps (first ever 10 mind you, and I don't drive FXR), and can run low 24s right from the start. Judging by the test race yesterday the FZRs were running 23s to 24s the first 45 minutes, so I don't see how the FXR is THAT slow since the times will just drop from that low 24 to at least a low 23 if not a 22 by the end of the hour.

*This was on 62% fuel and not the greatest of sets (R3/R2 race set).
Oke made your point. Its up to the drivers then
Quote from Tomhah :Seariously...

To Mr. Norway:

"Regel nr. 1 om huller: Når du står i et, så hold op med at grave.."
i think that's the 5th time tommy has told everyone he had the 2nd fastest lap in FXR.........
Quote from PMD9409 :Just ran 10 laps (first ever 10 mind you, and I don't drive FXR), and can run low 24s right from the start. Judging by the test race yesterday the FZRs were running 23s to 24s the first 45 minutes, so I don't see how the FXR is THAT slow since the times will just drop from that low 24 to at least a low 23 if not a 22 by the end of the hour.

*This was on 62% fuel and not the greatest of sets (R3/R2 race set).

thx for showing up, PMD9409 and ivantod and martin s.

But i really didn´t get wiser than I was before, because these times i already new. I haven´t yet seen a 22. I think some of the very best drivers can do it, but it is really not many. As a fxr driver you need to be among the very best in the world to set a 22 time. I would not say the same for fzr and xrr drivers as i have seen a lot of 22 times from those cars.

what is the fastest time by a fzr/xrr driver in this league?
Well, my set is sucky and i have problems to get R2/R3 combination last

Just tryed to forgot those FXR fights
Quote from Humbleridderen :thx for showing up, PMD9409

But i really didn´t get wiser than I was before, because these times i already new. I haven´t yet seen a 22. I think some of the very best drivers can do it, but it is really not many. As a fxr driver you need to be among the very best in the world to set a 22 time. I would not say the same for fzr and xrr drivers as i have seen a lot of 22 times from those cars.

what is the fastest time by a fzr/xrr driver in this league?

Those cars are much more difficult to drive and with this being an amatuer league you won't see constant 22's from drivers. The FXR is much easier to drive on the limit and after the tires start to cool down and the fuel becomes lighter, the car will easily be able to do low 23s, if not 22s. Being able to do this consistently is how you win the race.

We should all know the car/team that does the fastest times don't always win, there are so many variables to endurance racing.
Who created this thread
Quote from R.Kolz :
"Regel nr. 1 om huller: Når du står i et, så hold op med at grave.."

Inglish from naow on bitte. Scandinavian is gay.
Quote from PMD9409 :Just stay consistent and let the other guys make mistakes, that's the only way to do well in FXR really. TDRT did it for a while and it payed off well (IGTC 2008).

+1 Besides the FXR is capable of a 1 stop race.
LOL kolz, Im not in any hole. This is the slowest track for FXR, and its just right there, if you take a look at what Phil did. And z-ro, I had the 2nd fastest time in GTAL at SO last year with a FXR LOL xD

nah, but you should all see the point and take a look at what Phil Diaz said.
Quote from Tomhah :LOL kolz, Im not in any hole.

I think he meant "if you keep diggin that hole you'll soon be unable to climb out"

IDK and IDGAF. Danish is weird.
Xcite does have a point...
Why is it NDR's responsibility to check every drivers background? It's partially NDR's fault for not letting you know, but you should have known better in the first place not to use a driver which has been in MoE.
Quote from Tomhah :LOL kolz, Im not in any hole. This is the slowest track for FXR, and its just right there, if you take a look at what Phil did. And z-ro, I had the 2nd fastest time in GTAL at SO last year with a FXR LOL xD

nah, but you should all see the point and take a look at what Phil Diaz said.

FXR was also dropped 1% from last year, so its capable of even faster this year!
He was drivin ca. 12 minths ago....
#73 - Jakg
FXR is going to be slower - if you take a car and add 4WD, you add extra weight via diffs etc, and those extra spinning things means more transmission loss and less power to the wheels. The advantage is you can get the power down earlier - however with "only" 500 HP from a laggy turbo and a smooth slick surface, that doesn't outweigh the disadvantage for pure speed.

The advantage is you can be much more consistent in an FXR - too much throttle in an FZR and you have 250 BHP per wheel pushing you anywhere but straight, too much throttle in an FXR and you have 125 BHP per wheel at the back doing the same, but 125 BHP at the front pulling you forward, counteracting it. Similarly the FXR is also slightly easier on tyres because theres less power willing to burn rubber to each individual wheel.

You can't compare that in all out times the FXR is slower... because it should be. On a long race level they should be closer, but still the FXR should be slower because it's easier and more consistent. What'd be the point in getting in an FZR and running the risk of spinning when you can run in an FXR at the same pace with reduced risk?

If I was going to drive an endurance race i'd pick an FXR for the first few goes - because while I'm not exactly shit the 0.5 seconds I might lose one lap could be more than made up by the 20 seconds I lose spinning off into a wall and the subsequent 3 minute lap I make limping back to the pits. If I got consistency down then it's time to add more risk and try to get that extra 0.5 seconds.

The point of a class is that the cars are different - each car SHOULD have advantages and disadvantages. You can't chose the easy option and the bitch because it's hard to win all the time.

<uber post>
Quote from kiste :He was drivin ca. 12 minths ago....

Point being? That somehow changes the fact that he had driven in MoE before he set a lap in GTAL?
if i am right, then the rules say in the last 6months?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG