The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :I watched The Hangover a few weeks ago - brilliant. Very funny, some classic lines, and not at all predictable (mostly). A good waste of a couple of hours, and well worth the cinema prices (or a dodgy foreign DVD if your housemate obliges).

you're about right...... a good waste of a couple of hours
Moon - WOW

Probably one of the best films I have seen in ages, thought provoking, sensitive, beautifully shot, well acted, an all round amazing piece of sci-fi.

My only complaint is that the end seems a bit rushed, but really, watch it.
Lucky Number Slevin.
Idiocracy

Stupid movie, but deliberately so. I liked it.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Idiocracy

Stupid movie, but deliberately so. I liked it.

On a similar note:

Harrison Bergeron, a TV movie with familiar faces which is based on a short scifi story by Kurt Vonnegut (author of Cat's Cradle, amongst others). Pretty much the same premise as Idiocracy only it focuses on directly influenced dysgenics.
The Longest Day

What a classic war movie, views as a who's who of movie stars an all time great.

BTW, does anyone else have 'Sky Player' on the Xbox 360 - quite possible the greates thing ever to grace the 360. Over 300 movies to chose from, and free to watch if you have the correct viewing package.
Bronson.

Tries desperately to be A Clockwork Orange for the 00s; fails.
-
(jonthedoors) DELETED by franky500 : Trolling
Quote from jonthedoors :I've seen the alternative ending where she gives birth to a furbie encased in a used condom covered in crap.
Turns out she wasn't impregnated, someone just shoved the little bastard up her arse when she wasn't looking.
When the placenta was cut, Tom Cruise and his scientologist bum boys turned up and a wonderful feast was held.

:clapclap:
Put together a list of my 50 favorite films of the decade... might as well list it here:

Quote :3-Iron (Kim Ki-duk, 2004)
All About Lily Chou-Chou (Shunji Iwai, 2001)
Amores Perros (Alejandro González Iñárritu, 2000)
Before Sunset (Richard Linklater, 2004)
A Bittersweet Life (Kim Ji-woon, 2005)
Brick (Rian Johnson, 2005)
Bus 174 (José Padilha, 2002)
City of God (Fernando Meirelles, 2002)
Crank (Neveldine & Taylor, 2006)
Downfall (Oliver Hirschbiegel, 2004)
The Dreamers (Bernardo Bertolucci, 2003)
Eureka (Shinji Aoyama, 2000)
Exiled (Jonnie To, 2006)
The Fog of War (Errol Morris, 2003)
The Incredibles (Brad Bird, 2004)
Infernal Affairs (Wai-keung Lau, Alan Mak, 2002)
JSA (Park Chan-wook, 2000)
Last Life in the Universe (Pen-ek Ratanaruang, 2003)
Let the Right One In (Tomas Alfredson, 2008)
Lilja 4-ever (Lukas Moodysson, 2002)
The Lives of Others (Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, 2006)
Lost in La Mancha (Keith Fulton, 2002)
Memories of Murder (Bong Joon-ho, 2003)
Michael Clayton (Tony Gilroy, 2007)
Morvern Callar (Lynne Ramsay, 2002)
Mulholland Drive (David Lynch, 2001)
The New World (Terrence Malick, 2005)
Nobody Knows (Hirokazu Koreeda, 2004)
No Country for Old Men (Coen Bros, 2008)
Oasis (Lee Chang-dong, 2002)
Oldboy (Park Chan-wook, 2003)
The Others (Alejandro Amenabar, 2001)
The Piano Teacher (Michael Haneke, 2001)
Primer (Shane Carruth, 2004)
The Return (Andrei Zvyagintsev, 2003)
Save the Green Planet! (Jang Joon-hwan, 2003)
A Serious Man (Coen Bros, 2009)
Solaris (Stephen Soderbergh, 2002)
Sometimes in April (Raoul Peck, 2005)
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (Kim Ki-duk, 2003)
Survive Style 5+ (Gen Sekiguchi, 2004)
Suzhou River (Ye Lou, 2000)
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Park Chan-wook, 2002)
Synecdoche, New York (Charlie Kaufman, 2008)
A Tale of Two Sisters (Kim Ji-woon, 2003)
The Taste of Tea (Katsuhiro Ishii, 2004)
There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2007)
Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story (Michael Winterbottom, 2005)
Wet Hot American Summer (David Wain, 2001)
Zodiac (David Fincher, 2007)

Just saw The Hangover and I really recommend it to you guys.
Saw Paranormal Activity last night, good god that thing was scary. Very effective.
Quote from Intermediate07 :Does anybody know if the new SAW film is worth watching or not?

I've not seen it but tbh i don't think it'll be that worth it, if your only watchin the films for blood and gore then yes watch it, but if your watching it for storyline and that then don't watch it, it's so full of crap nowerdays.

Watched Paranormal activities last week, i didn't find it that scary but i was the only one. Definitly worth a watch. Same as The Fourth Kind, great film! Left me believing in aliens.
Saw Inglourious Basterds and thought it was shit, just another window into another one of Quentin Tarantino's sexual fantasies, Brad Pitt torturing a girl with her nickers round her legs, 30's clothes and mindless and unrealistic violence. Also incredibly stupid when you see these people wielding an MG42 from the waist.... classic... the common soldier would know nothing of the Nazis dealings with the jews, almost nobody on the allied side knew of the extent of the Nazi hatred....

Did like the analogy Hans Landa posed about the rat and the squirrel tho, kinda puts life into perspective, we are allowed to be animal specist but not racist... funny I think.
I can't comprehend how anyone can say the Basterds are shit. It has like everything you would want out of a movie..
Quote from BlueFlame :Saw Inglourious Basterds and thought it was shit, just another window into another one of Quentin Tarantino's sexual fantasies, Brad Pitt torturing a girl with her nickers round her legs, 30's clothes and mindless and unrealistic violence. Also incredibly stupid when you see these people wielding an MG42 from the waist.... classic... the common soldier would know nothing of the Nazis dealings with the jews, almost nobody on the allied side knew of the extent of the Nazi hatred....

Did like the analogy Hans Landa posed about the rat and the squirrel tho, kinda puts life into perspective, we are allowed to be animal specist but not racist... funny I think.

You get that it wasn't supposed to be a realistic period piece, right?

It's a movie about the movies.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You get that it wasn't supposed to be a realistic period piece, right?

It's a movie about the movies.

Yea, I get that it was tongue in cheek cartoonish, but why do it on a WW2 platform, making a mockary of an event which took and changed a hell of alot of lives? I find it disrespectful.
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, I get that it was tongue in cheek cartoonish, but why do it on a WW2 platform, making a mockary of an event which took and changed a hell of alot of lives? I find it disrespectful.

Wow, ridiculous overreaction of the month award is yours. Grats. Have a cookie.
Quote from The Moose :Wow, ridiculous overreaction of the month award is yours. Grats. Have a cookie.

Oh, so it's supposed to be art? Oh well why didn't someone say something... yea it was great now I come to think of it..
Quote from BlueFlame :Oh, so it's supposed to be art?

Nope, it's supposed to be fictional entertainment. It was a bloody good 2 1/2 hours of exactly that.
Quote from The Moose :Nope, it's supposed to be fictional entertainment. It was a bloody good 2 1/2 hours of exactly that.

Then you're easily entertained, all I'd need to do is scalp a few german soldiers that probably never killed a jew in their life and shoot up a few women whilst I'm at it.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG