The online racing simulator
NiGHTMoD By DRaGKiNG
(76 posts, closed, started )
Quote from trackah123 :yes i think it works on U Patch as long as you DONT unzip the "LFS.EXE" and the "WLD" folder... everything else can be unpacked and overwritten..

Oh ok dude thanks
oh nice FZR u got there, u demo-er... anyways... original idea, but functional? doubt it
Maybe those screenshots were provided by trackah? :P
Quote from trackah123 :download v0.2 here

http://www.xs4all.nl/~matrix01/NiGHTMoD.zip

tip : for 0.5q users dont overwrite the lfs.exe from the nightmod.zip.. because that one is old. (it'll mess your LFS up)

i dowloaded urs and it says its corrupted
It said don't use his lfs.exe! Don't ever try it, because it's outdated
i would like to see this in the official LFS too!
haha nice.. im downloading this now. time for some touge-ish drifting haha xD

thanks for this :banana:
Well, since this is the official nightmod thread, I guess , I thought I would post my idea here..

I've been playing around with the idea to create some type of 2D overlay to LFS and started doing research on how to do it. Well, I found out it takes a very good understanding of DirectX, which I do not have The only thing I could find to get me started is this. http://www.mikoweb.eu/ It is a proxy dll that allows you to do a couple of things; displaying transparent text and a static image on top of a DirectX window. In fact, here is a VB6 demo at PSC on how to do it.. Anyway, it doesn't do what I originally wanted (put a window on top of LFS or render a 2D animation of some kind) but! it got me thinking about something it could do.. If you make a transparent .png in the form of some headlights it would make a great addition to a nightmod! So I tried it and, well, the overlay definitely works but the image placement is kinda unintuitive/screwy. It requires the image to be a certain multiple of 256 and all that and drove me nuts to mess with it anymore. So instead of going all out and releasing another add-on, I'm making this post to offer a program that will overlay a .png that the user (you guys) would create. So how about it? Is anyone interested in a little program that can overlay a static image on LFS for a headlights effect? If a few people reply to me then I will go ahead and spit out the program.
Quote from Stuff :Well, since this is the official nightmod thread, I guess , I thought I would post my idea here..

I've been playing around with the idea to create some type of 2D overlay to LFS and started doing research on how to do it. Well, I found out it takes a very good understanding of DirectX, which I do not have The only thing I could find to get me started is this. http://www.mikoweb.eu/ It is a proxy dll that allows you to do a couple of things; displaying transparent text and a static image on top of a DirectX window. In fact, here is a VB6 demo at PSC on how to do it.. Anyway, it doesn't do what I originally wanted (put a window on top of LFS or render a 2D animation of some kind) but! it got me thinking about something it could do.. If you make a transparent .png in the form of some headlights it would make a great addition to a nightmod! So I tried it and, well, the overlay definitely works but the image placement is kinda unintuitive/screwy. It requires the image to be a certain multiple of 256 and all that and drove me nuts to mess with it anymore. So instead of going all out and releasing another add-on, I'm making this post to offer a program that will overlay a .png that the user (you guys) would create. So how about it? Is anyone interested in a little program that can overlay a static image on LFS for a headlights effect? If a few people reply to me then I will go ahead and spit out the program.

ive got the full version and its quite good
Full version? Of LFS or..? Please elaborate
hello creator of nightmod here.. well, do whatever you like with it.. if anyone wanna continue this mod please do so.. as long as my name is in the credit list like (originally made by : trackah123) or something like that :yummy:

unless its a totally seperated mod/addon or plugin created from scratch then the credits are not needed of course

anyway go ahead! merry x-mas!! we need shiny corona lights at night in lfs
Yeah, the program would be nightmod independent. About the only reason I stuck it in here is because the headlight effect is the only one I can think of atm.

In fact, the whole program would be LFS/game independent. Its bare minimum functionaly is just draw a 2D image on top of a DirectX window. I am thinking about expanding on this idea if I can get it to work correctly. Something like these examples.. If could get to the analog gauges or the window like the web browser then it becomes applicable for a ton of applications.. Just the hard part is.. how?

But for now, in the next few days, I could at least load a .png for the headlight effect as a .01 version.
lol i have no idea how.. im not a programmer but anyway i wish you the best of luck with it. and hopefully make something good and useful out of it
wut is the light switch?
help
ive tried to change the track LOD setting but it doesnt have one in the graphics section plz help
in patch V i believe its called "User LOD" now..
thanks man excellent program'
thanks for the help but user lod actually just makes all the graphics worse sorry to bothere again just that the program is so promising
hey.

why change the track LOD btw? i cant find it in the readme file.. its been a while for me because i created this nightmod actually for a really old LFS version.. i believe more then 1 year ago
hey theres ur readme if u dont change the lod the sky stays bright
Attached files
Nightmod.txt - 1.4 KB - 469 views
no thats not true.. if you have a bright sky like the normal lfs.. just daylight.. then you unpacked the nightmod incorrectly. you always should have nighttime sky.. even without changing any settings in LFS
hmm okay thanks yeah thats just what it said im gonna redownload this tho
Important Note : This mod cannot be uninstalled, don't use your original LFS folder for the mods but make a new LFS installation/folder if you want to try one of my mods

Hey, anyone can host the link again =\ ?

Thanks
This thread is closed

NiGHTMoD By DRaGKiNG
(76 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG