The online racing simulator
Anyone made christmas/new year plans yet?
(52 posts, started )
I know its probably a little early, but it is december afterall.

Christmas eve, down the pub, its tradition!

For christmas day it will be the usual flitting between my parents and her parents as they live quite close to eachother, probably a pint down the pub at lunch time (they open for 2 hours at lunchtime) then lunch at my parents and evening dinner at her parents, then home.

Boxing day will be much the same i guess, will probably be going to my nans at some point as well as her grand parents too, then back to soham where we live and to the pub in the evening.

Then comes the new year....

I have work in the morning so i will finish at 12 midday and then it will be home shower change get in the car, and travel to birmingham NEC for....

Slammin Vinyl!!

Christmas will be good, but i have a feeling new years eve/day will be much more fun!
Sleep. Build new PC. Sleep.

My Christmas.

Not joking. No plans yet whatsoever, and doubt any will come up.... Unless mates come up with something good....

New year will be with family/friends.

Nothing exciting.
McEwans Champion, Tunes, and some Modding, with possibly a bit of actual work if I can be arsed.
Either having Christmas lunch at my house or at my Aunt's.. I hope here, because they don't have a (working) fireplace.

You can't have christmas without a proper fireplace.
Christmas Day – Sleep, have drinks, argue, sleep.

Boxing Day – Hopefully, assuming I don’t need to work, I will be down south watching the Staggies beat a poor Raith Rovers side

New Year – Drunk…not much else.

2nd Jan – Go to Inverness, drunk, and watch the mighty Staggies beat the Caley.
Xmas opening presents
Boxing day ( My bday) The annual family creepy do
#7 - hp999
Hmm...Eat,drive,sleep.

Joking,gonna give some presents to my family,eat and do some traditional stuff what ppl do at Christmas.
20th: Riding (bike) with my dad to Fort William to see GrandParents b4 xmas
22nd-23rd: Go upto Inverness for a Ride
24th: Riding Home..
25th: Probably sleep half the day after riding 140 miles
From then on I have no Idea

16th January: off to RAF Cosford for 9month
Oh how I dread the holidays... I wish I could just sleep through the whole thing and wake up somewhere mid-january.
Be with family, watch the battles commence... Hopefully get a few peaceful programming moments in. Possibly go out for a hike? HA Did enough of that **** this year!
Well, soon as school finishes for christmas I'll probably go and see my friend in manchester, then i'll probably stay there for a week or so.

Then on christmas day, I'll have to go with my mum, feed the horses. Then i'll come home, my sister will be out of her head ripping open presents etc.

Then, when i've gone through my gifts the rest of the family will arrive, and we'll have a traditional christmas dinner, the grandparents will get tipsy and start singing, and i'll pop on the forums and see how many of you are festively tipsy
Quote from obsolum :Oh how I dread the holidays... I wish I could just sleep through the whole thing and wake up somewhere mid-january.

And here I am trying to find a way so I don't need to waste 6hrs a day sleeping . . . Grr, wonder if there is a way . . . "hmmm"
#13 - th84
Same as the last 5 yrs.....

Wake up at 5am to the sounds of a screaming 6yr old telling me how Santa stopped by. We glance at the empty cookie plate (the cookies are always delicious, FTR) and empty cup that once held some milk.

About 35 seconds later all his presents have been opened (half of which will never be touched again) and I can go back to bed.
I'm having my entire family round at my place from the 22nd - 27th, and then back again for a few days over New Years.

Over that time, my house will contain lot's and lot's of food and drink, lot's of fireworks, plenty of loud music and video games and lot's of drunk relatives and friends playing pranks and telling jokes.

Shall be rather splendid ol' chaps.
Quote from th84 :Same as the last 5 yrs.....

Wake up at 5am to the sounds of a screaming 6yr old telling me how Santa stopped by. We glance at the empty cookie plate (the cookies are always delicious, FTR) and empty cup that once held some milk.

About 35 seconds later all his presents have been opened (half of which will never be touched again) and I can go back to bed.

Sounds exactly like my house
I'll spend some days skiing here in the Alps :spleiabun
#17 - Jakg
Up the 23rd - work work work. 24th - day off, seeing a friends band play at a local pub, 25th - family / gf's family - 26-Janurary sometimes work work work work.
24th: preparing the tree (sister + mum), later church, dinner, and presents
25th: dunno
26th: obligatory visit from another family
26th - 30th: learning, karting maybe
31th: celebrating in someones barn with lots of music, beer, barbecue and girls
24 - home with family, as usual
31/01 - spending quality time with friends, hopefully going out of town.
I'm off from the 18th through the 3rd. You want me to give the basic or hour by hour?

We have what is called "Firewatch" at work when the place is shut down. You basically just have to be present for any alarms and make sure everything is ok. It's really cool to be the only person in a giant manufacturing plant. I am pretty sure Wifey bought me an electric guitar (cheapie, but that's ok) so I'm thinking of working a few of the Firewatch shifts so I can just hang out in my office and play around with the guitar for 8 straight hours. We are not allowed to even touch a broom being the only one there, so it's a nice time to get some peace and quiet away from the screaming fighting kids and get paid for playing the guitar, washing my car, or whatever personal project I want to do.

Flying RC airplanes, or driving RC cars around an empty manufacturing plant is really cool too. Great place for my micro RC aircraft.
#21 - robt
Might put a few cones in my parking space then go for a nice spirited drive on the empty roads:eclipsee_
xmas = pass my driving test
New year = move back to england with my gf
Quote from jwardy :xmas = pass my driving test

Your rather optimistic.

Anyhow, good luck.
This will be the first christmas in... 9 years? I think. That I haven't hosted my family and my girlfriend's family. It's just me and the missus this year, so we're staying at a cottage in the middle of nowhere with a fire and dinner and copious amounts of booze and lubricants.

I'll miss the nephews, but not the family staying a day longer than we wanted them to, and not her dad apparently knowing everything there is to know about cooking christmas dinner without ever having cooked a ****ing thing in his life.
Going to a little holiday party my trackday club is throwing, then flying to my parents' place in NorCal, near San Fran, for a week.

(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG