The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
It's the 110 TDI. Wanted a Cupra (the 150 diesel would be awesome) but insurance wouldn't touch me

Not had much chance to throw it around yet, can't wait to get it on the motorway on Saturday and open her up. That said, I accidentally did a massive wheelspin this morning pulling onto the North Circular - the turbo definitely works
Nice, wouldn't mind one myself, indeed an FR would be awesome, though you should look into the ibiza TDI sport, the insurance on them is as low as my old ZR 1.4...... They are 130bhp but can be remapped up to 180bhp, though I wouldn't put it past 160 so as not to feck up the clutch.

You should maybe look into the chips or a remap for yours, should be able to get 140bhp out of it np.
Quote from Bawbag :Nice, wouldn't mind one myself, indeed an FR would be awesome, though you should look into the ibiza TDI sport, the insurance on them is as low as my old ZR 1.4...... They are 130bhp but can be remapped up to 180bhp, though I wouldn't put it past 160 so as not to feck up the clutch.

You should maybe look into the chips or a remap for yours, should be able to get 140bhp out of it np.

I thought you were talking about VAG clutch, but I just realised now you were talking about a Rover clutch. I guess now you own something that isn't VAG you are kinda seeing that there aint no better cars right?
w00t for "white van man(tm)"
Friggin retarded foreign builders... not a clue!

He was stationary at a roundabout, before moving off. His "excuse"... "your car's small, I didn't see you"... needless to say, I was far from happy with that response.

Waiting for the insurance people now who are being equally idiotic. Apparently as I failed to notify them of the "modifications" that I didn't do (note: this means wider alloys and different seats!).. it's so far taken them 3 weeks to determine whether the wheels are wider than what comes on a Mini... argh!

Thus far, they even reckon that it's more than likely a "write off". The only damage is a door and window. Thankfully the impact was more of a push than a shunt and was only at a few MPH. The motor's insured for what I paid for it... £3,500. I'm guessing for that, they plan to get a custom door fabricated and sprayed at Rolls Royce! Fsckin' insurance companies!

Regards,

Ian
Awww man
Man that really sucks, insurance companies suck dick, actually, I honestly think insureance shouldn't be a legal requirement, i mean, is GUN insurance? is boat or plane insureance? No, but you can still take a life with a gun, boat or plane.
Quote from BlueFlame :I thought you were talking about VAG clutch, but I just realised now you were talking about a Rover clutch. I guess now you own something that isn't VAG you are kinda seeing that there aint no better cars right?

No, I was talking about the Vag clutch, On the VAG forums most people on there that have had their car remapped to it's full potential have either upgraded the clutch or drove it for 6 months and then had to replace it.

If the scummy rover had 130bhp i'd probarly have kept it, but the amount of money they wanted for a scummy 100bhp car was a joke.

That really sucks Ian, such a lovely car too....

Hope it all gets sorted out soon.
shame for that nice little car.**** all insurance companies,when its about paying the people,its a nightmare..
Nice Mini, I hope you get it fixed fast and that insurance don't put any obstacle to do so.

A shot that a friend take when we goes to Guadix Circuit in Granada (Spain)

Contacted the insurance again today to ask WTF is happening. Now they want to know... how much it cost to get the K&N air filter fitted, and what the BHP was before and after fitment! I didn't fit it (and they know this as I've told them 3 times I bought it as-is and they apparently have "a lot of notes".. do duh.. why not read them!?), so have no idea of the cost.. at a guess, probably ~£20 for the filter itself and self fitment seeing as the fella I bought the car off had completely rebuilt the car himself. As for power, again a guess would be a matter of 1-3bhp.. they really are just trying to be annoying now.

That said, they did say they're leaning towards getting it fixed (apparently they don't normally insure modified cars, period) so looks like I'll have to ride this one out. Thankfully I managed to replace the fuel tank and both sets of engine and gearbox mountings on the E30 (not a fun or cheap job at all!) so it's back on the road again and my other half has her own motor, so it's not essential that I get it back immediately... just annoying that they don't seem to work very fast... yet if I wasn't insured and had an accident with one of their clients... my guess is they'd be all over me like a rash.

After it's done, I'll be moving to a different insurance company and will notify them of the modifications so I don't have to go through this crap again if I ever have to.

Regards,

Ian
jaja e30 tanks are fun! mounts are easy tho
Minor update - now have locking wheel nuts so it's harder to steal ma wheels...
Quote from Jakg :Minor update - now have locking wheel nuts so it's harder to steal ma wheels...

Because people will really want to steal them.
My winter car I just picked up the other day. My roommate says it makes me look like a redneck hahaha.

Quote from Klutch :Because people will really want to steal them.

I've seen shitter wheels stolen. That or chav's taking one just to piss someone off...

Plus, my wheels aren't that bad either...
Quote from Klutch :Because people will really want to steal them.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Quote from Jakg :Plus, my wheels aren't that bad either...

They're cheap crap. They wont look twice at them.

If people are going to go to the effort of stealing the rims they'll go to the effort of stealing something decent thats worth alot of money.
How can you say that when you don't live in our country? The chavs will nick anything if its easy enough.
Quote from Klutch :They're cheap crap. They wont look twice at them.

If people are going to go to the effort of stealing the rims they'll go to the effort of stealing something decent thats worth alot of money.

At the Uni car park there are 5 or 6 cars with aftermarket wheels on them - all the OEM ones have locking nuts. All the aftermarket ones are "Halfords specials" with the exception of a 206 which has exactly the same wheels as mine, sans locking nuts. Whose are they going to steal?

I've seen the wheels stolen from a Lotus Excel no less fgs. Sometimes it's not the worth of the items thats important, it's annoying the owners. I was in Long Stratton last night watching a bunch of kids jumping on top of each others car, they were all shit, but they were just doing it to annoy people...
I love how people can take a stand against someone who has decided to put locking wheel nuts on their car. FFS get a life or at least find something a little more interesting to take issue with.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :How can you say that when you don't live in our country? The chavs will nick anything if its easy enough.

You've obviously never met our friendly neighbourhood Noongars.

-
(jonthedoors) DELETED by franky500 : Trolling
Kids in the UK nick stuff for a laugh.

They'll nick hubcaps, then run off and just throw them in a bush or something.
Obviously not all kids.

But the shitty ones do.
I agree that people will steal anything... and just generally do stupid shit. Some stranger scraped 'bitch' into my windshield once.
Quote from DTrott :Obviously not all kids.

But the shitty ones do.

Why have you put it squarely on kids? nearly all of the people ive seen/caught doing mindless vandalism are actually pissed adults.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG