The online racing simulator
#1 - DeKo
Question about a steering wheel :)
finally my exams are over, so i just bought LFS today, and i must say, its great.. the bf1 is just amazing.. but anyway, about steering wheels.

i currently have a belter of a wheel for the ps2, a "Fanatec Speedster 3" ( http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=230&lang=en ).. im about to buy a ps2 > usb converter, so i can use that and a ps2 pad in various games, but i want to know if the wheel will work right in lfs?? its a bit of a bummer having to use keyboard .. thanks
Never heard of a PS2 > USB converter. If there is one, it should work just fine. On the other, I would suggest to buy a ForceFeedback wheel instead of a vibration only wheel. Makes it so much more realistic to drive...
ps2 => usb coverter ? sounds like a rip off to me
io have a ps2->USB convervteer. just make sure you get a good one that has good feedback. some dont last long, or arent compatible with lots of steering wheels /dance mats (DDR was what got me to buy a ps2 to usb box.)

personally, i have the EMS2 USB and it is holding up, but now its not being detected randomly, this is usually solved (for me) by unplugging and plugging it back in the usb slot a few times.

and if you get it to work, it works just like any other game controller for the pc
#5 - DeKo
okay klkl, found a pretty good one on play.com

also, how would it be a rip off 0.o... its just a cable with a ps2 connector on 1 end and a usb port on the other. if you dont know what i mean, http://play.com/Games/PC/4-/11 ... Convertor_XP/Product.html

but glad its compatible with live for speed, seeing as im skint and cant afford a decent wheel
Quote from huxorator :Never heard of a PS2 > USB converter. If there is one, it should work just fine. On the other, I would suggest to buy a ForceFeedback wheel instead of a vibration only wheel. Makes it so much more realistic to drive...

That doesn't sound particularly Germanic, "Beckstown" in Germany. Never heard of that before. Where is it, north, south, mittel???
Quote from peejayh :That doesn't sound particularly Germanic, "Beckstown" in Germany. Never heard of that before. Where is it, north, south, mittel???

I think, I can answer that, being born in "Beckstown" myself ... it's a nickname for the city-state of Bremen, where the famous Beck's Bier is brewed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG