The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, the default setups aren't great and nobody's really made any F3 setups so far for 1.1 so it's kinda a crap shoot. The F2000 is a lot better to drive as of now as it's more common so there's setups made.

Attached is the setup that I like most for Donington. It's modded from Stu's Prato setup, but it drives really well and it's pretty stable. Extract to "My Documents/NetKar Pro/Setups/Formula2000"

Just tweak it then. :P

Here's one I made for the Aosta Sport Intermediate. I did 1:10.050 with it, but I'm sure it will be able to do 1:09.5 or so. It seems like a soft suspension really helps, it got me a second off my original time.

I'll try the Donington one, thanks! I did a 1:29 so far, although my set seems ok, it's like I'm still losing a lot of time...
Attached files
oval_inter2_4laps.zip - 565 B - 150 views
Jeez, that's a lot better than me. I can only do low 1:30's so far but thats better than before. I prefer the F2000 though to any car.

The stock setup is really crap though.
Quote from Gills4life :I think a lot of random engine failures could be due to people not re-filling with fuel after each session. I have made that mistake before.

Might well be! It's something I've read around and can't find anymore. Personally I've only seen damage from overrevving
Well,looks like it's time for me to think about buying a NKpro license...
Should i?
Do it!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Do it!

I downloaded the software from the site,just a few days ago,and i was instantaneously brought with feet on land by a very first error message.

Looks like my laptop is not happy with NKpro
I don't know,the game looks promising but...it's just that it doesn't convince me.
If it's something that can be resolved with reasonable effort, then it's absolutely worth it to try. The most recent release is absolutely fantastic to drive.
Quote from IlGuercio :Well,looks like it's time for me to think about buying a NKpro license...
Should i?

Eh! I can only try to put down some random thoughts. Not an easy task. I'll try nonetheless.

nKp is a lot of a mixed bag. The sound is quite decent IMO, the graphics are very nice and the FFB is way more immersive than LFS (=I love it!). I even like the interactive cockpit where you have to flip the flippers, and the lack of a HUD on most cars.

I still got the feeling the dev team has an awful amount of work to do, both for the product development and PR. I won't say anything on the latter just read RSC and most importantly DI.

As for the product. It only has 5 cars. 4 are single seaters. 2 are twin sisters and not quite easy to tame. The 500 IS fun but we'll have to see how it ends up when the grip of tyres will actually be affected by temperature.

The number of tracks is also limited, those built in are good (most way better than many LFS tracks IMO, though LFS has some that I simply love), can't say anything about 3rd party. Aosta+500 is quite a handful if you don't have a recent computer anyway.

Multiplayer is very rough along the edges compared to LFS (you can get a taste of that on demo), and overall the sim is not anywhere as polished as LFS is. Not a surprise considering the old 1.0.x interface sucked big time and the new one is still in its infancy. BTW I'm still wondering WTH I have to deal with tyre pressure in psi instead of bar.

My main gripe is I don't always have a clear perception of what type of work/fixes they are doing on the physics engine. One would think after years in development it should be there already and only need finishing touches. Truth is it still looks like a massive WIP to me, and I can only just hope they know what they're doing and won't compromise to appeal a wider audience.

As for the license, I think it comes down to what type of person you are. If you want it now, look at the current offering and see if that's enough IYO for the money.

If you're OK with placing a bet and seeing how it will turn out in the future, definitely go ahead. I see my decision to purchase the license exactly like that.
Thanks NightShift,your short review was almost convincing me
As you say the graphics are quite good,nothing to complain on that side for me as well.What's more i've seen a couple of videos about the 500+Aosta combo.
You're right when you say that buying a license is a bit of a gamble.
The game looks promising,it surely has potential and appeal.
I hope they can quickly spot what is good and what it isn't so they will leave alone the first and focus on the seconds,avoiding the risk to ruin everything.
You see,i never get to that "non return point" when you pay for something and promise you won't regret it,whatever the results.
I just don't want to pay for something i won't use but at the same time im so curious to find out how the game has evolved.
The best description of [early versions of] nKpro was that of an old italian supercar. "Its alot of trouble and makes you angry but when it works, even for only a few laps it's so wonderful that any flaw is forgotten" (quote is possibly translated and from memory and my memory is not always good, maybe its from earlier in this thread maybe not)

Even after just an hour in nkp the license fee has payed itself in joy. (actually I could pay the license fee just for the demo)
were getting there... first time i was ever able to establish some sort of understanding with the car while driving the ff
not that it will change my willingness to give kunos any money but still
From RSC, it looks like there may be a demo with the Abarth 500 in it?

http://abarth.mtv.it/

Pretty nice if true. A chance to try out an awesome car.
Quote from Mattesa :From RSC, it looks like there may be a demo with the Abarth 500 in it?

Yep,i saw the AD on MTV 2 days ago while i was at uni.
The nice thing is that all tracks are unlocked and the 500 looks so fun to drive
Don't know why the demo isn't on NK pro site too,that's quite strange.
Putting the 500 into demo can be a clever mode in order to convince people to buy the game.
Clicking on "Abarth Countdown" will download the nkPro11 204 Mb demo.
Quote from Ripley :Clicking on "Abarth Countdown" will download the nkPro11 204 Mb demo.

Yes,although i had to donload it with DTA in FF to get it completed.
So has anyone actually succeeded in starting the Abarth in this demo? I installed the demo and configured everything, but the car won't start for me. Do I have to register somewhere for this particular demo? I have the v1.1 demo and that works fine.
Are you making sure to switch on the master switch and then pressing the Ignition button?

Additionally, you can go into options and set it so it automatically starts the needed systems.

Dunno why it wouldn't start though, I have no need to test it as I have a full licence.
Quote from Mattesa :From RSC, it looks like there may be a demo with the Abarth 500 in it?

May be? It already is.

btw, download is uber slow, 800KB/s :/
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Are you making sure to switch on the master switch and then pressing the Ignition button?

Additionally, you can go into options and set it so it automatically starts the needed systems.

Dunno why it wouldn't start though, I have no need to test it as I have a full licence.

EDIT: d'oh, that was indeed the problem. I had flicked the switch but apparently I had flicked it in the "off" position. I think it makes more sense for it to be in the "on" position when the little cap over it is down, though. That way you can't accidentally flick it off while driving.

Anyway, it's working now so I'll be doing some laps later today
The little cap is up when it's on, and is there so that in an emergency you can just whack the cover and it'll turn everything off, rather than having to accurately flick a much smaller switch. You don't mount them where you might accidentally flick it.
I suppose that makes sense, too
Quote from Shadowww :May be? It already is.

btw, download is uber slow, 800KB/s :/

Well I have a license so I didn't bother trying the new demo. Anyway I think its great that everyone gets a chance to try the Abarth as it really demonstrates the game well.
I'm just going to move the track folder into my 1.1 install and test it. Has worked for all the other tracks, so I can't imagine why it'd not work for this one.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG