The online racing simulator
How to use the telemetry
(4 posts, started )
How to use the telemetry
Hi guys,

I got a question concerning the telemetry data, as the title says: How do I use it in the right way. I know it may sound like a noob question, but I'd rather ask then to learn nothing.

I searched the forum and found nothing and the article in the LFS Manual Wiki ain't very helpful either.

To make it a bit more precise, I'd like to know i.e. how to correctly use LRA or F1 PerfView, and how to read things out of the telemetry, that would be worth changing in a set.
#2 - amp88
Quote from LRB_Aly :To make it a bit more precise, I'd like to know i.e. how to correctly use LRA

Do you know how to actually import data into LRA?

Quote from LRB_Aly :How to read things out of the telemetry, that would be worth changing in a set.

It depends what you're looking to do, exactly. Are you looking to compare yourself against other drivers to see where you are losing time against them? Or are you just looking to change things on your own setup like gear ratios, wing angles etc and then compare the changes with previous versions?

edit: If you have a couple of laps you would like to compare upload the RAF files from them and I/we can take a look at them and try to help you understand what to look for.
I know how to use LRA (import RAF´s and how to compare where I´m loosing time to WR i.e.). I just like to know, when I´m starting on a blank sheet and a generic set, what can I read out of the telemetry other then the ride height what helps tuning the set. I.e. I´d like to read potential balance problems out of the data and like you said maybe aero thing (though Bob´s VHPA gives already an idea about it) and I´d like to know if you can read something about diff settings out of the data gained. Maybe even read something about camber settings.

You know I´m kinda lost there, I know how to set up my car by testing my sets but I´d also like to see potentials to improve my sets through the telemetry.
Unless you're about a second or less off the WR on a given track with a trial-and-error set and very consistent in what you do every lap, you're not going to get much out of scientifically analyzing your telemetry.

Just getting your tire temps right for the whole life of the tire makes a huge difference in LFS, and I don't think that data is in the telemetry. I always had to do a long run and then go back through the replay recording it manually. Getting the front to rear temperature balance right often requires a sub-optimal chassis balance, too.

How to use the telemetry
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG