The online racing simulator
Ban by votes !?
(38 posts, closed, started )
Ban by votes !?

Today, while I was racing in [AA] Formula BMW demo server, after two races ( in the first I was 1st in the 2nd I was 3rd ) I was voted by a guy with higher rank than mine, so I was automaticly banned. ( 100% without reason )

So, my question is, what is the duration of that "ban", because this is my favourite server ...

my LFSW name is "AudiBG" ..
Vote bans last 24h, so soon u`ll be able to get back on the road
Quote from AudiBG :

Today, while I was racing in [AA] Formula BMW demo server, after two races ( in the first I was 1st in the 2nd I was 3rd ) I was voted by a guy with higher rank than mine, so I was automaticly banned. ( 100% without reason )

So, my question is, what is the duration of that "ban", because this is my favourite server ...

Dont worry, tomorrow u can drive again. But u should ask the server admin why u was banned! Normally only team members can ban with one vote.
Quote from TurboBlaster :Dont worry, tomorrow u can drive again. But u should ask the server admin why u was banned! Normally only team members can ban with one vote.

No the guy who voted me, was with red and white nickname, he is not member of [AA]

In the [AA] servers there is ranking system, and if u have higher rank than someone u can ban/kick him with only one vote
#7 - 5haz
Nah, the limited admin powers are given to a member by the boss, usually if they frequent the server.

You were probrably doing something stupid, a lot of people that I ban from that server got banned because they do something so ridiculously stupid and act all gormless when I pull them up for it, how far must these peoples heads be up their arses for them to crash out the top three from 3 laps down and then protest that they did nothing wrong?
Quote from 5haz :You were probrably doing something stupid

I was in the pit ... waiting to the start of the new race ....

the topic needs to be locked ;/
Quote from AudiBG :

Vote bans on AirAttack servers only last for twelve hours. If you think someone unfairly initiated the vote then hop on over to our forum and let us know, we'll be happy to look into it for you. Do be aware though that the only way for us to truly understand what happened is with a replay of an incident.
Isn't it on the guy who has banned him, to show a replay ?
How could AudiBG show a replay that nothing has happend ?
I got a simple question. Is a ban from a demo server done via IP or account? (or any other way)
It's account ban, why do you think you need an account to race online?
So i have to autosave all my races ? Because if someone is banning me ,i have only milliseconds to press the button to save a replay
Quote from Ger Roady :So i have to autosave all my races ? Because if someone is banning me ,i have only milliseconds to press the button to save a replay

After you got disconnected by ban, press Replays button in main menu, find MPR replay called temp_mpr and rename it to something.
Quote from Shadowww :After you got disconnected by ban, press Replays button in main menu, find MPR replay called temp_mpr and rename it to something.

That is a good hint didn't know that .
But why is it called temp_mpr and not lastRace_mpr ?
Quote from Shadowww :After you got disconnected by ban, press Replays button in main menu, find MPR replay called temp_mpr and rename it to something.

Note that if you join another server, or close down LFS before renaming the temp_mpr file, you'll have lost the replay forever.
Quote from Hyperdrive :Note that if you join another server, or close down LFS before renaming the temp_mpr file, you'll have lost the replay forever.

If you have closed LFS, it's restorable by Recuva or GetDataBack.for.NTFS.

To Ger Roady: maybe because it's temporary?
Quote from Shadowww :
To Ger Roady: maybe because it's temporary?

That was clear to me, but allways when i saw that temp file , i was thinking ," thats the demo replay from the lfs installation" . So rename that file to "LastRace" is more self-explanatory for such dumbass like me . I think it could have any name and is not restricted to "Temp" isn't it ?
Quote from Ger Roady :I think it could have any name and is not restricted to "Temp" isn't it ?

Yeah, you can edit that in LFS.exe, just don't forget to use editor that doesn't breaks non-ASCII symbols (e.g. WinHEX).
If i begin to compile Lfs, it maybe ends with a new flight simulator so i leave it to Scawen .
Quote from Ger Roady :If i begin to compile Lfs, it maybe ends with a new flight simulator so i leave it to Scawen .

Um. It's not related to compiling. Nobody has gave you source code.
Ok . i have done it.

1. Download Winhex 1.4 Mb
2. Rename all temp to LastRace
3 Save

This was happend
Quote from Ger Roady :Ok . i have done it.

3 Save

This was happend

Lol, I actually watched all of that.
Quote from Ger Roady :Ok . i have done it.

3 Save

This was happend

You had to rename all temp_mpr to lracempr or something of same lenght.
One thing that isnt metion here is that if you acidently close lfs and want to save the temp file you can still find it inside the lfs\data\temp if i dont remember totaly wrong or mabe it was mpr files, will look it up later..

but that have to be done before you starte the game again because lfs dont delete the temp file before you starts lfs agian .
This thread is closed

Ban by votes !?
(38 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG