The online racing simulator
#1 - taz11
patch x, patch y???? what does this mean!!
hey guys,

the title kinda explains it, im pretty new to lfs so go easy on me, i have an S2 licence, but what are these different patches i keep hearing about?

thanks.
Z25 is the newestofficial version of Live For Speed.

LFS is kind of a work in progress, so various patches with upgrades/optimisations are issued every now and again, which are numbered so we can all keep track of whats what lol.

LFS 0.5Z25 is the newest and best version to date.
Hey mate! Those patches were released a long time ago. I recommend you go to http://www.lfs.net/ and download the latest official version, wich is Z25.
Z26 is the latest patch in this moment
#6 - taz11
Thanks for replies guys, really appreciate it. I got the sim like a week ago, so I assume Im running the latest patch? Nothing I need to download or anything right?
Sorry, I am a complete noob.
Quote from manneF1 :Z26 is the latest patch in this moment

No, it isn't. Z26 is only for testing. Z25 is the latest.
Your LFS will auto alert you on new patches in the multiplayer lobby.
Only official patches that is. You can autodownload it ingame then.

Testpatches can give you more of an involvement in development but might not be compatible with official patches. Its never needed to download them. And you will need to do it manually in the testpatch section of this forum.

It's wise in that case to keep multiple installs (just copy LFS folder).
#9 - taz11
thanks alot mate. thats cleared that up for me
Hmmm, i wonder if i could still play online with older versions of LFS (if more players have the same older version of course)
If you mean that you can play online with S1 even if all the others have S2 then AFAIK yes if the Server is open for S1 (since you can only use S1 content). But you get the same (physics) patches like everyone else. Just not the content. This way S1 and S2 players can play together online. But I´m sure somebody will be either faster than me posting that or posting mor detailed info after I press the Submit button
Quote from Bigbob1993 :Hmmm, i wonder if i could still play online with older versions of LFS (if more players have the same older version of course)

You can play online with older LFS patches as long as there as hosts for that particular patch, as far as I know
It only goes back so far tho. The very old versions with the old master server are no longer playable online I believe.
i seem to remember the devs have to register versions on the master server. Not all the very old are (0.1 etc dating from 2003) i gather.
You cannot play online with older versions than patch X AFAIK.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG