The online racing simulator
2 New arenas for auto cross
(61 posts, started )
#26 - mr_x
+1 for both, definately!
Big +1

The mud autocross arena was suggested before, and would be great, but not a flat one. It would be better to add some small hills to it to create good layouts.

But I think we need better collision detection, because hitting barriers puts you in orbit or totally screws your suspension.
I think hitting barriers in real life would screw your suspension too, lol.

Cheers,
Matt.
Quote from KanseiDneova :I think hitting barriers in real life would screw your suspension too, lol.

Cheers,
Matt.

It depends on the barrier, the triangular banners are weak enough for a car to throw them away with the result of some paint scratch. And the red & white blocks, well, depends on the material. There are sand/water half filled plastic ones, and others made of concrete. I don't know wich one represents LFS, but the plastic ones would only make some body damage, not chasis nor suspension.

And of course, none of them would throw your car to the stratosphere

I think is only a matter of time to get that fixed.
Elandor, that's what the placeable mounds are for, to make your own elevation changes
Nice idea, +1 for both , but a slightly bigger +1 for the "nice flat dirt stadium for the rally x guys to play in" (:
Long time coming but +1 for both.

I'd favour outdoors over arenas, perhaps less barrier problems? I've been quite lucky there so far though.

At very least, one RX course with each S number would be a fair if rather stingy covenant from the devs if we could obtain it. Ideally one within each multi track complex.

Any way, MORE SLIPPY STUFF please!
Quote from shaGuar : -1. To not Racing-simulator like

epic bump
*cought*there are also races in winter*cought* why not simulate that?

btw... just some flat ramps would make it
+1 for a BUMPY dirt AutoX.

The ice AutoX idea requests a lot of physics work ( new surface, new tyre reaction ) so I won't give a +1 for it now, but it sounds good for S3.
there needs to be a HUGE blacktop and a huge dirt field before the dev's worry about ice+snow(and other weather).
+1 for more offroad stuff. Isn't there a snow mod which makes everything snowy?
PS:
I say +100.000.676. to both
Y'know what'd be awesome? A 10-mile salt flat, like the bonneville salt flats and/or a massive oval test track like that in GT4.
I agree with the RALLY stages. It would be fantastic to have rally x stages or rally dirt tracks or just dirt and jumps. As for the snow or salt i don't agree, because 1st we don't have snow tyres (extra work for the devs) and 2nd the huge straight, salt or gravel or cement, is an old request.
how about city and cops?
Quote from Keling :+1 for a BUMPY dirt AutoX.

The ice AutoX idea requests a lot of physics work ( new surface, new tyre reaction ) so I won't give a +1 for it now, but it sounds good for S3.

According to this line, ice is already implemented in the game.
"Note 6: Ice is only used for internal testing, not present in the official tracks yet.", seen on Wikipedia. Who knows.

Ice + dirt stage/rally stage: +1 (would make Rockingham complete aswell, eventhough that rally stage is fairly small).
could there be an indoor stadium for the autocross(tarmac or dirt) would be pretty cool
I am all for the dirt stadium. It would be fun to hold demo derbies there =D
Big +1 for both

Maybye the first one little bit better because the ice should melt
+1
we need this
+1

maybe something like this (from destruction derby's bowl)

i like that idea ir would be so mutch fun to do your own jumps decide angel hight and so on an play some ken block :P
+1 for both. But first we need good gravel physics
The destruction derby bowl sounds great, only if we had engine damage from impact, and gearbox damage, and so on.
If you ask me, the engine damage won't be very hard. There should be an invisible deformable (using the same deform code as now) box in the engine bay, and if it's deformed a lot, the engine should stop working.
There should be also something like this for the radiator.

2 New arenas for auto cross
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG