The online racing simulator
2012 - dont !! * SPOILERS *
(25 posts, started )
Just don't... spend your hard earned cash on seeing it that is.

One of the worst films I've seen in a long time. That's all I'm going to say.....
#2 - TiJay
I must disagree sir Just been to see it, it's OTT but bloody epic and entertaining!

Love the big-arse Arsenal Gear style Ark things at the end.
Agree 100%

My view posted couple days ago in the Movie thread:

Quote from DevilDare :Warning: The following is my opinion. Some spoilers might be included.

Whoa..... Where do I start......

OK. I think this movie just once again proves, that hundrends of millions of dollars DO NOT make a good movie. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.....

At one moment I was watching a bunch of "Cataclysmic" events, and the next I am watching a cheesy Star Wars/Star Trek space ship boat kind of thingy ripped off from some kind of a SCI-FI movie. What the hell?!

I cannot believe I sat through it all. At the end of it I thought to myself; "Wow... This is my biggest achievement"

I think I have it all worked out, how to make a "Big hit" movie these days.

Get a lot of money > Think of a storyline, any will do > Throw in some special effects > Throw in some "heroic" scenes. > Throw in some relationship > Happy ending.

Yeah......

Happy ending in a movie about the freaking END of the world....

The funny thing, there was no end. To me, the end of the world is nothing left of our planet. Not a bunch of people on massive ships, that are povered by a couple of turbines, even tho the damn thing weighs god knows how much with all its mechanisms and a shell that can whith stand crashing into the everest.......

Also, zero realism. I know, movies arent supposed to be realistic, but there a limits! There is unrealistic, and then there is 2012. A limo driving at crazy speeds, dodging all the building falling into their pathway and then jumping like 50ft in the air...... The driver must be Michael Schumacher in disguise...... Even he wouldnt be able to do that...

And the plane scenes are just..... /facepalm......

I also literally laughed at the Volcano effects..... Looked like someone just took some red paint and splashed over the screen at various places......

Nearly 3 hours of complete nonsense..... I should of listened to my mate when he suggested we should all go and see Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 instead......

Quote from TiJay :I must disagree sir Just been to see it, it's OTT but bloody epic and entertaining!

Love the big-arse Arsenal Gear style Ark things at the end.

It was all just too much though. The film is just full of cliches, everywhere, non stop. Thats what I didn't like about it.

Quote from DevilDare :Agree 100%

My view posted couple days ago in the Movie thread:

Mostly not the same reasons I didn't like it, (see above), but I agree with the ending bit. Oh and yeah, I'm not usually cynical about such films, being as I am perfectly willing to suspend disbelief, but there were some "irregularities" in the film that even I couldn't over look.
i went top this film not expecting anything amazing. i didn't expect any decent characters or any decent plot.

I am glad of this as i recieved none. but i did enjoy watching the special effects which were better than expected. Could have been worse, but did you really expect a decent film from this?

hehe won't be buying it on dvd but it was still enjoyable if only to laugh at the shocking acting (especially from the russian characters)
I found it stupidly stupid, but at least the special effects were good.
I watched it yesterday, I liked it... it kept me entertained and like this O_O but it would've been better if the earth destroyed itself in a masive explosion killing every freaking living thing!! haha... wich didn't happen but I still think it was entertaining, my mom loved it tho she can't wait for december 21st 2012... HA!
One thing I found funny is that the London Olympics were happening during all of the end of the world stuff... even though I don't think the summer olympics will be happening in December :P
#9 - JJ72
The movie is nothing but a video game (the car sequence reminds me much of alone in the dark heh), one action sequence after another, throw in some stereotypical characters (crazy white hippies, ultrarich russian businessman, a bureaucratic villian etc etc.) and some totally ridiculous concidence. (earth surface moved 1000 miles so the plane land conviently next to the shipyard etc etc)
Movies are a form of art, like a painting or something, and therefore everyone will discover them diffently. It's a matter of what you do expect from a movie and clearly, at least according to your response, your expectations where set way too high. I do agree that it's an typical "hollywood bling bling mega effects whatever" flick, but apart from many other movies, this one's based on pretty realistic facts (apart from the mutating neutrinos _perhaps_ :shrug and was nevertheless, quite entertaining.

The main reason why I do like these kind of movies is that the actual message is somewhat hidden underneath the coat of an action movie and a lot more people are more or less forced to deal with these kind of issues this way. Not that they (the movies) will ever make a big difference anyway (IMO), but they are there and can't be ignored, or say can't be less ignored than some *boring* documentaries.

Speaking about which, I've been watching a lot of documentaries lately (for the past few years though), about the change of climate (and stuff...), and how much we as a species are involved, how arrogant, ignorant and unaware most individuals really are (e.g. the "If it doesn't affect me or the environment I'm living in, then I don't care." attitude).

I've been watching this stuff out of pure interest, and it is also something you need to be willing to deal with in some way or another.

Buttom line is, the world is changing, and since about 100 years, towards an almost unpredictable and certainly devastating level, whether we like it or not. The more people are aware of that, the early we can do something about it and the methods used to bring this message across should be the least concern for us at this time really.
#11 - JJ72
Quote from 510N3D :this one's based on pretty realistic facts.

The world isn't going to end on 2012. (shock!)

The movie isn't about man made consequence destroying the earth, it's just about some natural cosmic happenings, so don't know what lesson you can derive from there.
What makes you so sure about that? Perhaps it happens and perhaps it doesn't but that won't change the fact that we as a species are the cancer for planet earth.

Anyway, ever heard of the pole shift hypothesis or the predictability and intensity of tectonic forces & solar flares, or how about global warming & glabal dimming, deforestation or the extinction of species living much longer on this planet than we do?

Don't bother to reply though as this is not the right place nor do I feel the need to discuss this in here any longer.

Quote from JJ72 :
The movie isn't about man made consequence destroying the earth, it's just about some natural cosmic happenings, so don't know what lesson you can derive from there.

A few words to your added content: We will face simular if not worse conditions than that some day if we do infact carry on like that.
Why the Americans saved the day alone?
so if the film is so terrible (it really is), why does it deserve its own thread?
I liked it.
Quote from manneF1 :Why the Americans saved the day alone?

They did? funny I thought it was the Chinese that built all the arks /sarcasm

Yes the neutrinos mutating .. hmm...the slightly ruffled hair when standing only a couple of miles from the explosive erruption of a super volcano..hmmm... the being swamped by superheated gasses and debri from said supervolcano and being able to fly out of it .. hmmm .. the "having a vote" to open the doors to let in all the plebs just minutes from disaster.. hmmm

Oh good greif.. I could go on ad nauseum, but the bit that I really didn't like is that every escape from death was a typical "by the skin of their teeth/split second to go" kind which I find so infuriating in the first place and this film was one after another after another. That and the vomit inducing "lovey dovey" ness and cliche "look how wonderful us humans are really" self congratulatory rubbish that americans are want to spew out in their films.

Even the special affects were rubbish. Very few of them looked realistic and were so obviously computer generated as to be shocking in all honesty.

Can you tell I didn't like it yet?
Quote from majod :so if the film is so terrible (it really is), why does it deserve its own thread?

oh dear.. am I transgressing? is this not the off topic section of a discussion forum? and there was me thinking people could discuss whatever they liked... silly me
Quote from gezmoor :They did? funny I thought it was the Chinese that built all the arks /sarcasm

Yes the neutrinos mutating .. hmm...the slightly ruffled hair when standing only a couple of miles from the explosive erruption of a super volcano..hmmm... the being swamped by superheated gasses and debri from said supervolcano and being able to fly out of it .. hmmm .. the "having a vote" to open the doors to let in all the plebs just minutes from disaster.. hmmm

Oh good greif.. I could go on ad nauseum, but the bit that I really didn't like is that every escape from death was a typical "by the skin of their teeth/split second to go" kind which I find so infuriating in the first place and this film was one after another after another. That and the vomit inducing "lovey dovey" ness and cliche "look how wonderful us humans are really" self congratulatory rubbish that americans are want to spew out in their films.

Even the special affects were rubbish. Very few of them looked realistic and were so obviously computer generated as to be shocking in all honesty.

Can you tell I didn't like it yet?

Damm, i messed The indipendens day and 2012
Quote from 510N3D :A few words to your added content: We will face simular if not worse conditions than that some day if we do infact carry on like that.

rubbish
both venus and mercury are far away from melting their crusts despite much much more severe climate on them
watched it on Wednesday...ähhmm

I agree with all the stereotypishnes in that movie, I mean it was nice to look at but the story was complete rubbish. It was all like "Fled in the car to a plane, jump over gap, escape, land, do something, fled in a car to a plane, jump over gap, escape, repeat.

Than this beautiful american family backstory, I really laughed when that surgeon guy died falling in those gears, and noone really cared about it. The mother was more like, hey now i can love real daddy again.

But it really surprised me how its not the US that saves the world this time (except that they do seem to lead again in the end, europes leaders are only there to sign everything).

I won't start commenting the epic speeches....:doh:

ps: about that maya, planet aligment thingy: am I right that it was only mentioned once by that indian guy, and had nothing to do with the story at all (and the zombie neutrinos?)
after watching Nostradamus 2012, they could've made a really good movie
out of that documentary.
but instead they just put some special effects on to a bad storyline.
really bad movie 2/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apN7qxizJk0
#22 - JJ72
Quote from 510N3D :What makes you so sure about that? Perhaps it happens and perhaps it doesn't but that won't change the fact that we as a species are the cancer for planet earth.

At least I am pretty sure no matter what we do the earth won't boil from the core over. Even if you drop Nuclear bombs in St.Andreas fault.

Polar shift could be catastrophic but it's natural order, it happened before and it will happen. The rest aren't really fatal disasters that would wipe out our population.

I ain't really worried about human destroying the earth, because when it reaches a stage when us cannot survive in the current number, nature will take back what is lost - that doesn't mean I am against protecting the environment whatsoever.
Oh comon people...
If believing that what happens in "The Day After Tomorrow" is possible is ridiculous, believing that what happens in this one is possible is even more ^^
People are obsessed with the idea of the end of the humanity, it's a fantasy and this films are juste feeding this fantasy (a good exemple is "we're all gonna die because of global warming")

Now I liked the film, not because of the story-line or because of all this ridifulous stereotypes but because it was simply entertaining
Watched it today at the cinema.. Not a bad movie..

Pretty strange how most of the countries went down very quickly then it took ages for china to go down...

Some of the world was volcanic and at the ending it was back to normal after like a month..

Quote of the movie "That's a big plane" "It's Russian"

That fat dude was cool until he left Them.
Watched it in cinema last week, and I think it's fair to say this is one of the movies best suitable for cinemas. The story is.. well ok enough, same as actor stuff.. but the very fishy/american way how it's build up anoys me..

But despite that I hated the very americanized parts, it was a entertaining movie to watch. I do not want to watch it home, but it was worth the money on the cinema, because seriously - those effects were badass!

Also, I laughed good at the part (something similar to this)
Actor 1 : Holy shit it's huge!
Actor 2 : Of course... it's russian
That scene itself were truelly great, and I think the whole cinema was laughing

So, ok movie. Great effects, bad story/too american.
Avarage entertaining movie.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG