The online racing simulator
I doubt that cap will ever be lifted (which IMO is a good thing)
I think that really depends. If you can get rid of something for more money in-game than you can to another player, the market for vehicles will be dead. Also, if someone has spent hundreds of hours making an absolutely amazing skin or decal, don't they deserve more for the effort than someone who comes along in 5 mins and creates a real-world brand? Both will sell, but one has way more actual value-per-minute than the other. Likewise, someone who has spent hours analysing telemtry data to get the best setup anyone can imagine deserves to earn more money than some pillock who cranks everything to a random value and then uploads it

If the game didn't bury you with cash then maybe the 10k cap would be good, but since you can get away with not buying any cars for half the game, money is lavished on you like a crazy thing. People are more likely to appreciate what they get if they have to work for it - 10k on a car is no big loss if they don't really want it, but they'd have to think about the purchase if it might mean they missed out on something else.
Depends. If you enjoy buying cars, tuning and testing them, then move on to another car... the game doesn't "lavish" money on me IMO. I've spent a lot of time already doing the endurance races over and over again, just so i have enough money to buy and tune more cars.

Little of that hard earned money (spent many gaming hours, or let's say... hours of my precious free time to earn it) has gone into decals from the storefront, and i'm more than happy it didn't cost a fortune aswell, like buying and tuning all the cars did.

What you also forget is that a good decal will get purchased a few hundred times probably, so it's not just 10'000 credits you earn for the hard work, more like a few hundred thousand.

And if somebody really thinks their design is worth 999'999'999 credits, he/she can still sell it on a car in the auction house (same goes for tunes i think) for whatever money they want for it.

The 10k cap is one of the best things ever in FM3 IMO.
Quote from jibber :Depends. If you enjoy buying cars, tuning and testing them, then move on to another car... the game doesn't "lavish" money on me IMO. I've spent a lot of time already doing the endurance races over and over again, just so i have enough money to buy and tune more cars.

Little of that hard earned money (spent many gaming hours, or let's say... hours of my precious free time to earn it) has gone into decals from the storefront, and i'm more than happy it didn't cost a fortune aswell, like buying and tuning all the cars did.

What you also forget is that a good decal will get purchased a few hundred times probably, so it's not just 10'000 credits you earn for the hard work, more like a few hundred thousand.

And if somebody really thinks their design is worth 999'999'999 credits, he/she can still sell it on a car in the auction house (same goes for tunes i think) for whatever money they want for it.

The 10k cap is one of the best things ever in FM3 IMO.

Yup, what he said ^
Quote from danowat :I doubt that cap will ever be lifted (which IMO is a good thing)

I'm with dajmin on this one. For example I have been making Captain America, which so far has taken around 6 hours and I still haven't finished. If I want to sell this it why can't I sell for what I want. If I try to sell it for too much people wont buy it. Simple demand and supply. The way they described it before hand was what interested me - that you could sell unlimited for less or sell less but for more so they are rarer items. Personally speaking, if I wanted a logo and it was more than 10k, if it was well made i would pay more. While I agree that if it is good it will sell more anyway so not really that big a deal. Though I am sure I sure it mentioned repeatedly that you could sell for what you wanted.

Hopefully they do remove it at some point though. If the auction house is unlimited why can't storefront be too.
I think people are put off (skins) when they've sold hundreds or thousands already.

In my opinion someone should be able to make a truly brilliant skin and try to sell a small number of them for what it's worth, rather than flood the market with it. This would earn them more respect and do more for their reputation as a skinner in my opinion.
FM2 ended up in a freaking auction house mess/drama, where the only people who could afford anything really decent were painters themselves, or people who've used money cheats. If they take away the money cap this will happen again. Just guessing tho...
That's pretty much the same thing as the iPhone app I linked to a couple of weeks back. But the Flash version seems to have a lot more to fiddle with and is better laid out. It'll also be more accurate, since the values increase by 1 rather than jumps of 4 or whatever.

Nice find
Quote from jibber :FM2 ended up in a freaking auction house mess/drama, where the only people who could afford anything really decent were painters themselves, or people who've used money cheats. If they take away the money cap this will happen again. Just guessing tho...

Depends what you counted as really decent. Not everyone was the same I know, but I made the Norris Designs Evo and RSE Motorsport Evo. I tuned them up completely to U999, applied the paintjob and sold them at auction. The car cost me around 130k, i put a reserve on of 150k so I got some money for it. I did add a buy now for 600k though. Sometimes they went for the buy now, other times they went for the 150k. If you cou ld afford the 130k to buy and tune the car, I am sure you could afford the 20k for the paintjob.

It is difficult to say which is best though. There will be people who are greedy and will try and sell for stupid amounts but if people buy it then it is obviously priced competitively enough. It comes back to do you sell 10 at 100k a car or 100 at 10k a car?
The FM2 auction house was a bit of a nightmare because of the way the searches were done. You couldn't really just browse stuff, so you had to know exactly what you were looking for before it would appear above the VIP sellers.
My Pac Man Beetle sold regularly. Cost me about 40k to build, and they sold for up to 100k. Good times It was too heavy to be competitive, but I thought the shape matched the design best. Maybe it's time I remade it for Forza 3...
I don't even bother with the auction house, I prefer to do all my own tuning, and use the storefront for designs
Quote from danowat :I don't even bother with the auction house, I prefer to do all my own tuning, and use the storefront for designs

yeah same here.

And today the free genesis coupe pack is coming.
Who give two shits about Hyundai, we need proper beasts like Jakg's Proton!
Does anybody know if they'll release the Mazda RX-7 Spirit Type R sometime later on in a DLC pack?

I was missing the car in FM3 so far, but have found it to be an option in the car models when you search for designs online. There's two designs for the car available to buy, and it even shows the correct car in the pictures... it's just, there is no such car in FM3 yet...
unicorn car
According to the official car list, the RX7 Spirit R is in there. Look again
And I'll inspect the bonnet for signs of a horn
Quote from Dajmin :According to the official car list, the RX7 Spirit R is in there. Look again
And I'll inspect the bonnet for signs of a horn

I have double checked and then checked again... and then again!
The car is not in the game. At least not under Mazda. There is only the old RX-7 and one newer model, no Spirit R. I doubt it's only missing in my game...

Go find the car in the game, i'll give you a cookie if you manage to do so (it's a lie, but you knew that already, didn't you? :tilt!
Dam i forgot to tel u guys this i have dded some guys in my friends list who are epic racers there fastr fun and most important they race fair .

I had a blast online yesterday.
People saying there's 3 cars on the official list that aren't actually in the game.
The 69 Camaro SS, the Subaru S204 and the RX7 Spirit R. Weird.

Rumour is that each one is a unicorn due to be released in the auction house. Eventually.
Quote from Dajmin :People saying there's 3 cars on the official list that aren't actually in the game.
The 69 Camaro SS, the Subaru S204 and the RX7 Spirit R. Weird.

Rumour is that each one is a unicorn due to be released in the auction house. Eventually.

Just searched and you can buy the Spirit R on the auction house now. Only trouble is you're going to need 60 million+ credits to win one.

Camaro, 45 million+. Subaru, 70 million+.

Only 3 of each available at the moment.

Ridiculous that only people with money glitch will be able to afford them.
reasons auction house is shit. I had that scooby in F2, it was a nice car, but deffo not worth that much. How about they cap the auction house to some sane level (say 50-100k over maximum original purchase + cost of mods) no car/design is worth 99999999999 etc.
The question is: How did the people who are selling those cars get them in the first place?

And see... that's why the 10k price cap is a good thing. 60 millions... come on!
Quote from jibber :The question is: How did the people who are selling those cars get them in the first place?

They're being sold by Turn10 themselves. It's still ridiculous as it kinda shows they want people to use money glitches. I can't see how someone could have made 60 million+ credits since the game has been released, not even the people who got the copies for reviews.
The response i usually hear is "i play a lot online" etc

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG