The online racing simulator
Normal practice for blue flagged car is to go off ideal line and brake there early enough

Quote from HVS5b :1. We braked to on the straight to let him past. There was no need to defend the chicane from us. Fact.

2. Under these circumstances, normal practice is to stay on racing line and let lapping car over take using the drag and our braking.

3. spdo driver should know better.....

Don't think it's too much to expect better from these hallowed Advanced Drivers

Otherwise it was a really good race, proper enjoyed it. Don't quite know wtf to think about the whole jump start arguement, but its clear something is very wrong if #27's start was legal.

Stroll on KY3

not in endurance...in endurance each car do his race and faster cars need to overtake them. Blue flag means only "Warning, there is a faster car ! Don't block it !"...
The CliffsNotes version of the NDR blue flag view:

Blue flagged cars in any of our series do not have to keel over and die and fly to the moon whenever a faster car is around. They just have to mind the faster car and not unduly hinder it's progress. Blue flagged cars are expected to stay on the racing line and not do anything unexpected, until the flagging car presents a proper overtaking move, then they are to not defend the position. Basically, we treat blue flag situations as standard overtaking, just the car being overtaken has no defensive rights - EXCEPT when they are fighting to stay on the lead lap during racing or after a pitstop, then we are a bit more lenient on it if they're still a fast car just caught out by pits etc.
Just a quick note; SRS #09 would like to announce their resignation from the league. Nothing to do with the race-ending crash! Just for different personal reasons among members of the team. We wish everyone good luck for the rest of the season and thank the NDR team for all their hard work in bringing this league back.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Just a quick note; SRS #09 would like to announce their resignation from the league. Nothing to do with the race-ending crash! Just for different personal reasons among members of the team. We wish everyone good luck for the rest of the season and thank the NDR team for all their hard work in bringing this league back.

See you lot around
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Just a quick note; SRS #09 would like to announce their resignation from the league. Nothing to do with the race-ending crash! Just for different personal reasons among members of the team. We wish everyone good luck for the rest of the season and thank the NDR team for all their hard work in bringing this league back.

Hmm ... isn't #09 Fubar racing? SRS are #10 uh?
Quote from Cawwa :Hmm ... isn't #09 Fubar racing? SRS are #10 uh?

Well spotted
Quote from PMD9409 :I see 30 cars going into the chicane (all bunched up) as a REALLY bad idea.

I realize that, but T1 isn't exactly a mile wide either (though it is wider & slower)... but drivers could have more than 1/2 the back straight to sort themselves out for the chicane. But, unless we have the lead car go even slower, I don't know how to get a clean, well formed start out of BL1. And if the lead car went much slower than pit speed, we might as well do a standing start.

A little OT, but it would be nice if the chicane barriers could be removed and then we could cut the chicane for lap 1 & use it for the rest of the race.
We need too use BL1 the normal direction, and start on the back straight.
Quote from Cawwa :Hmm ... isn't #09 Fubar racing? SRS are #10 uh?

You'll have to forgive Mr. Passingham, we were #09 last season and he's a very stubborn boy!
Quote from count.bazley :You'll have to forgive Mr. Passingham, we were #09 last season and he's a very stubborn boy!

Wow, I'm amazed I didn't notice that. Sorry fubar!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Wow, I'm amazed I didn't notice that. Sorry fubar!

Fubar ... don't listen to him, just kick his ass ...
Quote from Cawwa :Fubar ... don't listen to him, just kick his ass ...

Lol, I can't say anything.....it took you to notice

Sorry to see SRS go, was looking forward to battling with them for another season.
Where can we get the layout for the next track?
Quote from dekojester :On the NDR Server, it's up there now.

Yes, thx..but we will do some testraces n our own server, so we need the layout file, if possible
Quote from Humbleridderen :Yes, thx..but we will do some testraces n our own server, so we need the layout file, if possible

You can go into Shift+U and save it from there. I have to add some NDR standard track markings still, but the chicane won't be changed. You can go in there and steal it.

Ahh feck it, I'll attach it here too :P

d
Attached files
KY3_BoothyChicane.lyt - 404 B - 190 views
#219 - CSF
Do you seriously think braking on the racing line at top speed and then getting back on the accelerator isn't going to contribute to the incident? 00 probably wasn't even thinking about overtaking into the chicane until you did that!
Quote from CSF :Do you seriously think braking on the racing line at top speed and then getting back on the accelerator isn't going to contribute to the incident? 00 probably wasn't even thinking about overtaking into the chicane until you did that!

It was a dab of left foot brake to facilitate the pass, not liked we slammed the anchors on.

Is that was caused the problem? Or the subsequent nose-chopping manouevre?
Quote from HVS5b :It was a dab of left foot brake to facilitate the pass, not liked we slammed the anchors on.

Is that was caused the problem? Or the subsequent nose-chopping manouevre?

Braking on the racing line while not in a braking zone is a horrible idea, especially when there is a car behind you concentrating on getting around you. They are going to assume that you are going to remain as predictable as possible (that is, braking in braking zones, staying on throttle when on the racing line) so that they can worry about making a clean pass.

If you had tried that right in front of someone less experienced you may have ended up rear ended and YOU could have been heading towards the red 'n white barriers.

The "dab of left foot brake" was what started the whole turn of events, DMT just was a bit foolish to go back outside so quick. I would expect deko to hand both warnings at the very least.

Edit: Later in the race I was being lapped by two cars one lap ahead of me, fighting for somewhere between 8th-10th or something. I got completely off the racing line (I went to the left of the straight) while still pretty far from the braking zone, I think just after the bridge. I then lifted to let both cars past. No incidents happened because I moved left far enough ahead of them that they could see where I was going well before they drafted up to me. I would suggest doing this if you really feel the need to slow yourself to let lapping traffic past.
Quote from dekojester :You can go into Shift+U and save it from there. I have to add some NDR standard track markings still, but the chicane won't be changed. You can go in there and steal it.

d

Thanks. And "/select=yes", please.
EDIT: fail, Airio on the server.. wanted to start qual, but Airio remember the times...
Quote from dekojester :You can go into Shift+U and save it from there. I have to add some NDR standard track markings still, but the chicane won't be changed. You can go in there and steal it.

d

would be nice if you would create new thread where we could find layout or post it in some more spotable place, becasue its prety hard to find it for ppl who likes to race and not to spam forums
In reply to pikd:

Keeping it brief.

Honestly man, we know we're not the fastest drivers and are open to constructive criticism! But a dab of the left, say 25% (whilst still on full throttle) to kill the acceleration slightly, in order to give way to a car which is "concentrating on getting around us" doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

The edit thing: that was our only even slight contact with any other cars during the race. Apart from when I drove into a spinner right ahead of me

No biggie, I just think our driver, under those circumstances, is undeserving of criticism.

Can we drop it now pls?

Que sera sera
Quote from HVS5b :In reply to pikd:

I beg of you, please do not do this to me if I am in a position to lap you ever. You obviously have no intention of listening to others trying to correct a horrible driving error but please please do not brake on the racing line in front of me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG