The online racing simulator
Operating System Poll
(226 posts, started )

Poll : Which operating system do you use for LFS?

Closed since :
Windows XP
Windows 7
Windows Vista
Linux
Windows XP x64
Macintosh
Windows ME
Windows 98
Windows 2000
Server Longhorn (2008)
Server 2003
I use Linux Ubuntu 8.04.3(Hardy Heron) and Windows XP pro and I have no problems, it runs well on both of them. Even the shadows display wright on Linux with new version of wine
XP is good enough, and I think OS doesent affect too much work with your computer, thats by your skils and xp is stable and easy to use enoug, also it has all programs witch works 100%, im just prety disapointed that it uses only bit more than 3gb of ram from my 4gb but still enough to all stuff
XP here.
Im really glad that ME has 0 votes, still... so there might be still some tiny glimpse of hope in the world :P LOL
XP Service Pack 3 here.
Quote from ORION :Im really glad that ME has 0 votes, still... so there might be still some tiny glimpse of hope in the world :P LOL

It has 1 vote now
Quote from ORION :Im really glad that ME has 0 votes, still... so there might be still some tiny glimpse of hope in the world :P LOL

Windows ME was good!
(At least on mc PC)
Windows 7 64-bit here.
#34 - Jakg
Quote from MudPuppy :EDIT - Maybe it's because it's the only one in italics in the poll?

Italics = The one you voted for.
Quote from MudPuppy :
EDIT - Maybe it's because it's the only one in italics in the poll?

Italic shows the one you voted for, after you vote
I use Windows Vista.
I have no idea why we're also writing it down here but I voted X-to-tha-P and now I have one more on my post-count too! 99 post in 3.5 years :crown:
I running Win2003 32bit on the NLR server and use at home for LFS Win7 32bit.
But with Vista it was looking better and higher FPS so maybe i go back to Vista
Quote from Tim NL :I running Win2003 32bit on the NLR server and use at home for LFS Win7 32bit.
But with Vista it was looking better and higher FPS so maybe i go back to Vista

Stupid reason. Now the drivers for Win7 are almost equal. And soon will be better, thus faster then vista.
just installed seven, already voted...trying lfs in a min

pm me if you have anything to say about seven i should know or tips and such
Vista
Quote from Scawen :I included XP x64 because I am told that wasn't really XP

you could have lumped it together with server 2k3 since its the same kernel
For LFS I use my own version of XP (based on XP SP3 X86) but if my rig were more modern I'd install Windows 7 x64, just like in my laptop.
#46 - 5tag
Poll's only 3hrs old tho...I wouldn't say 240 was representative of LFS users. It's only really covered 'prime-time' in Europe...once...so far, not the rest of the globe or people who aren't here all the time. *coughShadowww*
Windows 7 here
Quote from Whitmore :A third of LFS users using Win 7? Either the pole isn't very representative or Microsoft have made the fastest selling (or pirated?) OS ever.

It's a little early to be 100% on any of this but early numbers went something like this:

MS handed out about 8 million keys for beta, they got beta feedback results back from about 15 million users. That would strongly suggest it is probably the most tested operating system beta ever.

In the first 2 weeks or so it had outsold the previous best two OS products MS ever sold, combined

I'd guess the poll is probably good. It is only a guess though and it is also early days. I'd expect XP to be in the lead at the end, but I reckon it'll be pretty interesting to see how the new kid makes out by then too.
i voted xp, but my servers run on gentoo linux.

Operating System Poll
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG