The online racing simulator
UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
I might have got a 3rd bod from Pompey to come, he does play LFS but not active on forums so you won't know him. Just lent me his red momo for the day too, nice guy.

Quote from the_angry_angel :On the plus side, if Tristan does ring you, it means that you (aka Mr Smith) can text the bastard at 5am, calling him a spammer

Now that HAS to be worth it

Can't see that happening again. :drevil:
Quote from anttt69 :

p.s. what is the format for the day? is it a 3 hour enduro or lots of smaller sprint races? it does not say anywhere!

any info on race format??
30 mins praccy 2 hour race, it says in the first thread, be we should ass it to this one

EDIT : Opps i meant add
-
(ayrton senna 87) DELETED by ayrton senna 87 : shit
admit it....you have ass on the brain
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :oops i meant add

Spam. Could have just edited your first post.

Edit: like this - I see we have 29 out of 48 peeps, still plenty of spaces. A shame no devs, but I suspect Scawen's wallet was hurting after buying all those pints of Guinness.

I've written out my cheque but forgot to post it today. Will try again tomorrow.
I have updated the first post with this important information. Shame on all of you, and me, for not spotting its overlook earlier.
Just to confirm that I wont be able to make it. Just got back from holiday and time and money are in short supply at the moment.

Have fun guys, maybe I'll make it next year
My mate Marcus who works as a marshall on the small track says he would like to go. He's only got the demo and says he understands that people with a licence has to come first. However he says if there are spaces left near the deadline that could be filled and there are no more takers then he would love to go.

I realise this could open the flood gates to other people wanting to bring freinds, but he wanted me to give him a mention if you still have places to fill near the end of may.
I dunno, I don't think having a license is over important (I mean anyone who's a demo racer and comes, will quickly get convinced by the others no doubt).

But since it's an LFS meet, they should be somewhat regular LFS racers, if online in the demo. I mean it's nice for them to be forum regulars so that we all "know" them, but not everyone has time to come here all the time (except Tristan, who obviously makes time).

At the moment there are still loads of spaces free and we still don't have enough confirmed drivers for this to even happen, so at this point I can't see one of the organising bods turning people away.
I turned people away at the start, thinking it was going to be as popular as last time, but that isn't the case (I think a lot of people have issues with July 1st, a date I didn't choose by the way). So yeah, as long as they do actually play LFS a fair bit (so we can chat to them about it), even if it's just the demo, then I guess it's okay.

I'd rather have the event go ahead with just 20 'licenced' people and a few demoers. than not go ahead at all (partly cos I've booked hotels and stuff, and others have booked days off work).
Funds taken into account, I would be happy to pay a little more if it meant that we could still go.
If I get my motorbike before 1st July then I will go, ATM there is no way on gods green earth I am driving up there in my Skoda.............

Dan,
no one expressed any preferance for date so i just chose july 1st...
Quote from danowat :If I get my motorbike before 1st July then I will go, ATM there is no way on gods green earth I am driving up there in my Skoda.............

Dan,

I'll probably (and I must stress probably, not definitely) have a space in the car free. Not much space, but a sort of seat sized area and a slice of boot. You're more than welcome to hitch a ride. I don't talk as much as I post. Honest.
looks pretty grim for me atm ... seems like i cant crash at my friends place and flight + hotel would be rather expensive
Quote from tristancliffe :I'll probably (and I must stress probably, not definitely) have a space in the car free. Not much space, but a sort of seat sized area and a slice of boot. You're more than welcome to hitch a ride. I don't talk as much as I post. Honest.

Cheers Tristan, if the bike isnt sorted by then I'll take you up on the offer if you have the space

Dan,
Tempted
I'm getting tempted to put my name down for this

Trouble is, i'm no longer the testosterone fuelled, well toned, sprightly youth I used to be ! 35 years of hard labour down the mines since birth has put paid to that (ok, it's the fags, kids, takeaways and trying to make a living that have probably done it).

However, if I could join up with a couple of people my own generation, say 28 - 45, i'd be very tempted to take part (i'm not ageist or anything).

I used to work at an indoor karting track organising the races, doing the track walk, safety talk etc.. and we did a few outside events including twin engine outdoor stuff, so I have quite alot of karting experience (not ultra competetive stuff granted).

So, anyone willing to make up a team of old farts ?

C'mon, convince me
Well, many of us from the last event were of the "older generation", myself included, I am 32.

Chances are I will be going someway or another, doing my DA motorbike test soon and should be getting my bike very shortly after that, failing that I might be able to bum a lift from Tristan.

I came last in the previous event, probably due to my size, but since then I have been hitting the gym in a big way, and lost at least 2 stone so I should be a tad faster next time

So, if I go there will be at least one from your generation.

Dan,
Not sure about a team of old farts, but there will be old farts there (unless they've lied about their ages), so don't fret. As long as you still have the strength to press the pedals in your weary legs then you'll be fine.

Also, can you handle your drink afterwards?
Quote from tristancliffe :Also, can you handle your drink afterwards?

No I can't, is that a problem
#96 - Smax
Quote from tristancliffe :Not sure about a team of old farts, but there will be old farts there (unless they've lied about their ages), so don't fret. As long as you still have the strength to press the pedals in your weary legs then you'll be fine.

Also, can you handle your drink afterwards?

I'm 35 but since I stand 6 feet 7 and weigh 17 1/2 stone me and these little toy kart things don't mix so I'm gonna hold a camera for the day.....however I can handle my beer

Turn up...the more of us "old farts" there are around to show the kids the way the better illepall
no need to worry about being an old fart. tristan did pretty well last time!

the karts are twice as powerful as last time so weight is alot less of a disadvantage. i also hear that experience is as good as youth...
Young scallywag :rolleyes:
I am 31, and don't drink alcohol at all (go on, get the comments/shock out of the way now ).

I will gladly team up with you Decibel, which means we just need one more! I see Dan is already in a team, but his teammate (Lippy) has not confirmed yet. Perhaps if he does not confirm, we can call ourselves a team?! We could call our team "The A-Team" as...that....is.....errr....from our era....!?

Waddya think guys? Possibly leave me out of the team name decision, eh!

Tim
I did a young guns v old guys banger race in nascar 2003, the older guys won by a mile :huepfenic
This thread is closed

UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG