The online racing simulator
water on the moon
(22 posts, started )
water on the moon
Makes me laugh when they mention Buzz Aldrin because its usually followed by something about neil armstrong, bet that pisses him right off lmao
#3 - G!NhO
I knew it!
#5 - Danas
So this leads to... Us moving to mars when earth heats up too much?
So when can we move there :ufo:
Moving to Mars would be absolutely pointless.

A moon base, space colonization and asteroid mining are much more realistic and actually achievable goals. The technology is mostly there - the hard part is getting someone to make the effort and spend the money to do it.

This is a very interesting read regarding this topic, though I'm not sure if it's publicly available at the moment.
#9 - Danas
Quote from AndroidXP :Moving to Mars would be absolutely pointless.

Although in many documentarys it's been said that the sun will penetrate earth hemisphere and there will be unbarable temperatures on earth, that leads us to our only chance in saving ourselfs, moving to the moon. But I don't get that because the moon moves around the earth and on one side of its rotation it would be unbarably cold, on the other side we would melt probably. So either way it's going to end in a fire
Moon will most likely to be used as a forward base for future space programs. With very low gravity, you can launch much heavier spacecrafts with all the equipment you'd need for a long mission. Mining operations in Moon would only serve the purpose of supporting this kind of colony, there won't be any money to be gained from mining a distant rock that has identical mineral layout to the rock we're standing on right now.

Quote from Danas :Although in many documentarys it's been said that the sun will penetrate earth hemisphere and there will be unbarable temperatures on earth, that leads us to our only chance in saving ourselfs, moving to the moon. But I don't get that because the moon moves around the earth and on one side of its rotation it would be unbarably cold, on the other side we would melt probably. So either way it's going to end in a fire

To put it in perspective, it won't happen in millions of years. By the time sun reaches the point where it expands and burns out, human civilization has either died off or expanded all across our galaxy.
Quote from AndroidXP :...The technology is mostly there - the hard part is getting someone to make the effort and spend the money to do it..

Then is when the thread "What if money did not exist?" makes sense

More on topic, I don't see why people is so scared about the end of the Earth and the humanity as we know it, it's maybe the best thing that can happen to the universe, we're not that good
Quote from AndroidXP :This is a very interesting read regarding this topic, though I'm not sure if it's publicly available at the moment.

I read the 2 first pages, really interesting!
Quote from AndroidXP :
This is a very interesting read regarding this topic, though I'm not sure if it's publicly available at the moment.

Thanks for that
very interesting indeed
So we are going to rape the moon of all its water...Then what?
#15 - 5haz
I can see this stuff being sold in fancy London restraunts at £40 a bottle in the not too distant future. :rolleyes:
Quote from sil3ntwar :So we are going to rape the moon of all its water...Then what?

Move on to search Uranus, of course

sry, know we don't know each other, no insult intended!
#17 - 5haz
Ahh, I feel sorry for Uranus, always 'the butt of many jokes'. :doh:
Quote from NitroNitrous :
More on topic, I don't see why people is so scared about the end of the Earth and the humanity as we know it, it's maybe the best thing that can happen to the universe, we're not that good

Not that good, compared to what?
Quote from Electrik Kar :Not that good, compared to what?

To the living being which would substitute humans I don't know, that's just one of the millions of ideas and theories that came to my mind before posting
Quote from sil3ntwar :So we are going to rape the moon of all its water...Then what?

Actually no, the idea is not to go to moon, harvest it's resources and bring them back to earth. It would be quite silly since you can find all that stuff already on Earth and I don't think we're thirsty enough to spend millions for one bottle of moonwater. But this works otherway too, sending supplies to outer space is very expensive, having them right there on moon would make it cheaper.
This proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that

OH HAI.

water on the moon
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG