The online racing simulator
Active FOV
(7 posts, started )
Active FOV
Hi. If this is existing topics, Im sorry.

I know that the effect that FOV grows big in proportion to speed is taken in by some 'arcade' games. Of course this is a thing by the scene effect, and I think it not to be it in real sim.

However, I feel it in the same way as these when I drive a car. Perhaps if speed raises it, the focus of eyes goes far, and the reason will be because the focus of eyes comes near if speed becomes slow.

Therefore I made a small tool. its a 20-30 degrees change depending on speed.I expected that it was not easy to drive. However, it was a feeling that was better than it thought.

Sample video

This video may not get many differences.

How to
1. Start LFS.
2. Type "/insim 29999" in the chat box.
3. Start ActiveFOV.

A fine adjustment is possible in ActiveFOV.cfg.

It work with a Shift+U mode. Because, Other view not to be able to control FOV in InSim.
I think that its difficult for this to be added to an option of LFS, but plz test it in your LFS if good.
Attached files
ActiveFOV.zip - 220 KB - 167 views
If it is a suggestion I'm disagree FOV in constant (Field Of View) no has sense to change it. What you do it is the tipical effect on NFS.

If it is a tool, ok that's good
I don't like this just because the viewport changes depend on actual acceleration, not speed, so if you were going 200 km/h with given acceleration, there should be the same camera movement as if you were going 20 km/h with the same acceleration.
I quite like it. Your demonstration I mean.
Certainly makes for an exciting ride.

Thanks for the demo, you don't realise how long I was trying to adjust FOV myself while watching my speed to see how this would look.
-
(ponczak) DELETED by ponczak
me like it
me not likes

missing file: sorttbls.nlp

Active FOV
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG