The online racing simulator
Help for drifting :)
(41 posts, started )
Just join a drift server (shameless plug: DriftWars for example :razz and ask for a setup.
Might as well just stay there and practice online
Quote from Hellikopeter :Thx for the replays And nice drifting all just one last thing, can you send me a gearing setup or just your setups for the xr gt turbo ?, just tried with my setup and i can't get the wheels to spin so much like you guys can :S and maps

Here you go

Don't remember authors of layouts, sorry guys. :3
Attached files
XRT_drift.set - 132 B - 1039 views
AU1_^4Sugo ^1Remix.lyt - 3.4 KB - 149 views
AU1_^7Irwindale ^1Training.lyt - 2.6 KB - 163 views
AU1_^7Sekiya ^6Hills ^9edit T1.lyt - 4 KB - 154 views
AU1_D1 Irwindale 07.lyt - 3.7 KB - 138 views
AU1_Formula D Las Vegas 2008.lyt - 2.1 KB - 153 views
AU1_FD Long Beach.lyt - 2.4 KB - 163 views
AU1_FormulaD Wall NJ.lyt - 1.6 KB - 126 views
AU1_blackhills_circuit.lyt - 4 KB - 157 views
AU1_drift session.lyt - 2.1 KB - 158 views
AU1_oval^sinner drift(irwindale.lyt - 4 KB - 166 views
AU1_oval^sinner drift(seattle.lyt - 3.5 KB - 135 views
Just to be different. I recommend LX6 as a starter car. The other cars are a lot harder to drift, either they are underpowered or they got wrong tires. Also the tyres don't catch fire until after a few laps. The LX6 is not a perfect drifter, but I consider it the easiest to go starting in. In no other car is initiating the drift simpler, push the throttle harder, if that does not help try steering slightly also and - voilà - drift.
Quote from heson :Just to be different. I recommend LX6 as a starter car. The other cars are a lot harder to drift, either they are underpowered or they got wrong tires. Also the tyres don't catch fire until after a few laps. The LX6 is not a perfect drifter, but I consider it the easiest to go starting in. In no other car is initiating the drift simpler, push the throttle harder, if that does not help try steering slightly also and - voilà - drift.

no such thing as an underpowered RWD when drifting. there is such a thing as an underskilled driver.
anybody can keep their foot burried and make any RWD step out. true drifting is done with as little power as possible.
try the XRG with a shortened final drive.
Quote from Hellikopeter :Hi, i am looking for someone that can learn me to drift, almost everyone says look at the dvd called The drift king, and i have, but the problem is that i learn best if someone could tell me what to do, will looking as a spectator, and try it out in the mean time getting some hint while driving, is someone who will try to help me out someday ?

greetings Peter D (Hellikopeter)

get a real car - you'll learn faster.
and that helps in what way? (apart from increasing your postcount)
Quote from dadge :and that helps in what way? (apart from increasing your postcount)

actually learning for yourself, you can Actually feel what the car is doing rather then looking, Though the spectator sees more of the game.... its better in real life: nothing compares to real life in fairness.
Quote from theirishnoob :actually learning for yourself, you can Actually feel what the car is doing rather then looking, Though the spectator sees more of the game.... its better in real life: nothing compares to real life in fairness.

I think if he could afford to go out and buy a drift car and hire out a free track for the day he would - I wouldn't expect that for £24 though.
Quote from theirishnoob :actually learning for yourself, you can Actually feel what the car is doing rather then looking, Though the spectator sees more of the game.... its better in real life: nothing compares to real life in fairness.

yer i find in real life if i just try it i can normaly pull it off alot better then if i think about it to much.

my advise think less practice more
Thx alot
Quote from mcintyrej :I think if he could afford to go out and buy a drift car and hire out a free track for the day he would - I wouldn't expect that for £24 though.

half the cars we all drift or practice in we get for nothing, you'd be surprised how many people leave their old bangers rotting away outside... take it away and mend it if it needs it, if un fixable scrap it....

either way you have either something to drift or 50 euro in your pocket, more cars = more fun/cash

win win situation imho.
except for the laws you're breaking for driving like a nut on public roads.
Quote from dadge :except for the laws you're breaking for driving like a nut on public roads.

who ever said anything about public roads
Quote from dadge :except for the laws you're breaking for driving like a nut on public roads.

Apparently, he is able to drift around on the docks in ireland with his freinds and the workers even join in too!*

*In other words, it's all rubbish. I tend to just ignore most the stuff he comes out with, but him saying he drifts around docks with his freinds made me reply to his stupidity as it was so damn hilarious.

Quote from theirishnoob :its a win win situation as theyres no diffing, no boy racers/ricers, just the craic, actual car testing ( setting up of suspention and such, ideal test area as theyres plenty of room, most is concrete and wet so nearly a skid pad. with the cobble stone and such in other parts. ) and if you wish, racing which i dont take part in, molstly testing.

it is safe, legal and meh, the workers dont care, they join in some times, other times move us along if they are moving a crane or whatever... other then that its all good.

He also reckons he is allowed to move the shipping crates around. Hilarious.
Quote from Jakg :Ignore what everyone has said, ignore any advice you've read - just, do it.

Only once you can feel what the car is doing and control it, will you be able to do any more of the "advanced" stuff everyone is suggesting.

I used to (for like months when I first got the demo) dick around in the carpark in an XRT. Helped me no end, actually...

My advice would just be pick course, and push as hard as you can. If you spin it wont hurt you, so push the boundaries.

listen to this, he's spot on.

Help for drifting :)
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG