The online racing simulator
#1 - KiAn
w7 ultimate x64 + lfs z25 = unlock issue [solved]
hi, sorry my english, i'm from spain!

the game only allows to join multiplayer games is run as admin

everytime the game is started, need to unlock it, and it only works 3 times a week

spain:

solo deja entrar en servers multiplayer cuando ejecuto como administrador la aplicacion
cada vez que abro el juego obliga a desbloquearlo.
Quote from KiAn :hi, sorry my english, i'm from spain!

the game only allows to join multiplayer games is run as admin

everytime the game is started, need to unlock it, and it only works 3 times a week

spain:

solo deja entrar en servers multiplayer cuando ejecuto como administrador la aplicacion
cada vez que abro el juego obliga a desbloquearlo.

Translation (crappy one, sorry :razz:
I can only play on servers if I launch LFS in admin mode, and everytime I do it, I have to unlock it (and only 3 unlocks per week)

I don't know the solution, just translating if it makes more sense than original post
#3 - KiAn
thx rocksGt
I fixed the administrator/unlock problem by moving LFS into \users\myprofile and deselecting Read-only from the folder's Properties. That was with Vista x86, but since the problem in both cases is caused by the same thing, it will probably work.

Quote from Babelfish :- Mueva la carpeta a usuarios\<mi perfil>
- seleccione las características de la carpeta
- no reelija como candidato inalterable

#5 - KiAn
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I fixed the administrator/unlock problem by moving LFS into \users\myprofile and deselecting Read-only from the folder's Properties. That was with Vista x86, but since the problem in both cases is caused by the same thing, it will probably work.

thx!!!!
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I fixed the administrator/unlock problem by moving LFS into \users\myprofile and deselecting Read-only from the folder's Properties. That was with Vista x86, but since the problem in both cases is caused by the same thing, it will probably work.

HUH???
I would call this a workaround, since lfs should work without any difficulties on vista/win7.

How did you install lfs? Do you have very restrictive uac enabled? Are you sure it is not just the read-only attribute problem? Weird execute permissions etc. ??
I'm not going to go into it, I'm happy with my approach to installing LFS (and any other applications) to my PC.
Basically your non-admin user had no write permissions to folder you installed LFS into (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)).
Quote from Shadowww :Basically your non-admin user had no write permissions to folder you installed LFS into (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)).

That is a better explanation Instead off blaming vista/win7

So a could solution would be changing the security permissions on the lfs folder. make yourself the owner or make sure you are added with full access permissions.
Whether you're using an admin account or not is irrelevant as long as you have UAC enabled. If MYPC\Administrators has 'allow' and 'full control' permissions, and your account is admin you'll still get harrassed by the UAC every time you do something in a system folder (like program files). In fact, all I wanted was to change one line of text in a file under program files, but there is no 'run as administrator' option for non-executable context menus. So instead I went to find a text editor shortcut that I could run as admin, and then manually locate and open the file. By default the UAC is an obtrusive piece of.. work. The best thing for stuff that need to make changes in their own folder is to install them under users\public.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG