The online racing simulator
You could reach level 50 by playing online aswell. I'm currently at level 39 i believe, but didn't play any single player races since level 35. You gain EP for winning online races, just like in career mode.
If I relied on online race results to level up, I'd still be level 2 now
You even get XP (albeit a tiny amount) for completing online races alone, as I found out when I was experimenting with options for the league races.
Quote from jibber :You could reach level 50 by playing online aswell. I'm currently at level 39 i believe, but didn't play any single player races since level 35. You gain EP for winning online races, just like in career mode.

I know you do, I just want to get the career out of the way before I concetrate on the online.
I find the career boring to say the least.

Since everything in the game is unlocked right from the beginning, i skipped career right after winning the last road car (at level 35 i believe). Will probably do the rest of the endurance races (already did half of them), since they are fun somehow. Other than that, i couldn't care less about all the countless hours of racing against stupid AI in cars i don't like, simply to finish the game. I've never finished FM2 either.
Jibber: really, but I've send you couple of invites to game already and you prefered to stay in season play.

Speaking of which, I just started season 4, r3 championship is really fun so far. It's really fun to push race cars in forza.
That's because i was buying/tuning/upgrading/painting/testing cars probably. And if it's after 10pm at night, then i don't join games with friends anymore, since i can't use my headset then (need to use headphones because of the neighbours (really old house)). I'm a complicated person when it comes to online play...

PS: It's also possible i was doing endurance races for money. I still do that, and will keep doing so... whenever i need money for new cars.
Quote from danowat :I got to level 50 this morning, dun-da-da!!!.

2 races into my 6th season now, once I've got that out the way I will concentrate on the online part of it, and collecting all the cars.

Errr congratulations I still have some way to go, think I am about level 38 or so and working through the R3 championship (season 4?)

Quote from jibber :need to use headphones because of the neighbours

Easy answer - wear both That is what I do if im online and using earphones
I wear glasses aswell. This alone is starting to hurt after an hour or two (the headphones applying pressure to the glasses and my head, if you know what i mean...). I can't imagine to "squeeze" a headset in there aswell now.

Besides, i really don't see me wearing two headphones/headsets, even if it was confortable... i mean, c'mon, seriously?

And on top of that: The house is really old, which means if i wouldn't whisper while using the headset, the people in the apartments above and below of mine would hear me talking anyway.
You're allowed to speak in your own house, you know. As long as it's not roaring out at 140dB at 3am they can't complain just because you're making normal amounts of sound. Regular conversation volume isn't enough to wake someone up.
Besides, the odds are they wouldn't think twice about doing the same to you.
Quote from Dajmin :You're allowed to speak in your own house, you know. As long as it's not roaring out at 140dB at 3am they can't complain just because you're making normal amounts of sound. Regular conversation volume isn't enough to wake someone up.
Besides, the odds are they wouldn't think twice about doing the same to you.

I said old, which means around 400 years old.

It's more like living in a house with very thin doors for the different rooms, rather than feeling like living in your own "sealed" apartment. I know we're allowed to speak in our own four walls (and i do so, if really needed (important phone call for example)), and to walk around forth and back in the apartment. However,if you live in a house like this, trust me, you'll start to pay attention to your neighbours... and the ones who don't will get their doorbell rang quickly, followed by a friendly reminder that somebody else is trying to sleep. You have no idea how easy it is to hear everything in my apartment. If neighbours don't try to keep quiet after 10pm, there's no chance of falling asleep for whoever tries to.

Just imagine somebody talking in the next room to yours(next door), with both doors barely closed, that's how it sounds in our house if i'm talking in my living room, and you're in the apartment below.

Anyway, this is going WAY offtopic.
@ Jibber: Oh not saying you would feel comfortable doing it. Just it is possible to do though I would suspect depends on earphones. Also wearing glasses wouldn't help as you said. Some people need to learn to easier. Does that mean you can't fall asleep with your tv on? or music on? etc.

Off Topic:
@ Dajmin: Reminds me of a joke "A bloke takes his mates back to see his new flat for a few more beers, one of the boys asks him what the big brass gong is for?
The host says "It's my speaking clock".
"How does it work?"
"I'll show you" and he hits it full pelt with a club hammer! And a voice from next door yells "For F*cks sake it's twenty to three in the morning"
Quote from Greboth :Off Topic:
@ Dajmin: Reminds me of a joke "A bloke takes his mates back to see his new glat for a few more beers, one of the boys asks him what the big brass gong is for?
The host says "It's my speaking clock".
"How does it work?"
"I'll show you" and he hits it full pel with a club hammer! And a voice from nect door yells "For F*cks sake it's twenty to three in the morning"

PS: At weekends we (neighbours) don't care about making noise late at night.

Quote from Greboth :Does that mean you can't fall asleep with your tv on? or music on? etc.

Unless i'm so tired that i couldn't keep my eyes open, even if i tried to... Yes it does mean that. I'm a person who always has to listen to everything around me (meaning i'll start to concentrate/focus on the noise).
I know what it's like to have thin walls. When I lived with my mum, I had to keep the volume pretty low on my computer after she went to bed. The difference being that she was in the same apartment.
Even now, in the slightly older house we have, which has thick stone walls, I can hear our upstairs neighbour snoring sometimes. Which is infinitely better than what we heard the couple who lived there before doing.

But if all you're doing is speaking, it won't carry that much. Music and sound effects are different because the different frequencies carry through the walls better. But even if it does nobody can complain. Imagine you worked weird shifts so that the only time you were at home was when they were in bed - you reckon you'd have no rights to treat your house like it's your own? Like you couldn't dare watch a TV show or play some music in case it upsets people? Nonsense. As long as it's not excessive, nobody cares.

@Greboth
Yup, I've heard that one before
Quote from danowat :I got to level 50 this morning, dun-da-da!!!.

2 races into my 6th season now, once I've got that out the way I will concentrate on the online part of it, and collecting all the cars.

I won't burst your bubble and tell you I 100%'d the game last night. Oops.
Quite possibly the easiest 1000 gamer points i've achieved. Having too much time on my hands helped a bit (temp work sucks).

Considering you don't have much time to play, i'd say you're doing pretty well. I've seen you have a sneaky half hour or so early in the morning a couple of times.
I'm like level 42 i just wona a masarati vitaphone racing
Quote from Dajmin :I know what it's like to have thin walls. When I lived with my mum, I had to keep the volume pretty low on my computer after she went to bed. The difference being that she was in the same apartment.
Even now, in the slightly older house we have, which has thick stone walls, I can hear our upstairs neighbour snoring sometimes. Which is infinitely better than what we heard the couple who lived there before doing.

But if all you're doing is speaking, it won't carry that much. Music and sound effects are different because the different frequencies carry through the walls better. But even if it does nobody can complain. Imagine you worked weird shifts so that the only time you were at home was when they were in bed - you reckon you'd have no rights to treat your house like it's your own? Like you couldn't dare watch a TV show or play some music in case it upsets people? Nonsense. As long as it's not excessive, nobody cares.

@Greboth
Yup, I've heard that one before

I can see that it is actually hard to understand, but this house is so old, you hear people talking if it's at night (everything else is quiet). And no, that's not loud talking, just normal talking. TV at normal volume, you hear it, etc.

And actually, my upstair neighbours, both father and son, work late evening and early morning shifts. They come home at midnight and leave the house at 5am. I had to have a few talks with them until they stopped making sleeping impossible (including letting them come to my apartment while i go upstairs in theirs to walk around, to show them how it sounds).

I sometimes work weekends or into the evening, so i know aswell how it is to come home late at night from work. I always try to minimize walking around (old wooden floors that make a hell of a lot of noise) and use headphones, etc. It is really needed here.

Again, i can understand when you feel like i'm exaggerating, but it's not the case. An example for that... my upstair neighbours told me that the previous six people (six!) who have lived in my apartment, moved out after maximum half a year, since they couldn't live with how easy it is to hear everything in this house.

Maybe where you live people don't care, but in this house it is essential, and people actually do care and try not to make life a pain in the arse for their neighbours.
Living in a detached house FTW!!!!
beign in a slightly sound proofed room far away from my parents in a detatched house and also being right next to toilet FTW!!!!
YESSS bought XBOX Elite (only 230 euros btw!) with Forza 3, waiting for new TV to arrive next thursday.
Quote from JJ72 :YESSS bought XBOX Elite (only 230 euros btw!) with Forza 3, waiting for new TV to arrive next thursday.

Good man One week of dreaming followed by months of racing. You will have to post up your gamertag once you have one
It's wonderful, 4am, playing on a teeny low res 24inch LCD TV and I can't get off it!!
Quote from JJ72 :It's wonderful, 4am, playing on a teeny low res 24inch LCD TV and I can't get off it!!

Forza 2 and CoD4 were the reasons I bought an HDTV. I was having trouble seeing people shooting at me or cars in the distance so rather than move closer to the screen (and leave my nice comfy sofa) I figured I'd buy a bigger TV

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG